Let's see the (pet) faces!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Satyr said:
Bluey said:
Ye ppl say that fish only have a 7 second memory. I don't believe that cos I know when I had fish they would know witch corner of the tank they where getting fed from and they would all go there. So ye I agree with you they are smarter then ppl think.

And I had one or two fish that would follow my thinger around the tank as well. I have also had a red necked terrapin be for as well. He was very cool. But he got a bit big and they live for over a hundred years. So I had to get rid of him has well.

They definitely recognize me as "that big gangly thing with the food". Fish supposedly don't have a very well developed sense of hearing but when I talk to them (yes, I talk to fish) they'll often stop and look at me through the glass. Sometimes I can even get them to line up for "roll-call" at the front of the tank. It may vary depending on the fish but platies seem fairly attentive and playful.

As for the terrapin, I'm not sure I'd want a pet that was guaranteed to live longer than me. Although it would be kind of cool to have something that you could hand down to a son/daughter, nephew or niece...."the family terrapin". :)

The terrapin was cool but they have a lock jar, so if it did ever bight you would have to kill it to get it of. Mine never did bight me tho cos it loved me :D lol

Talking to fish is something I used to do as well. Looking fro the tank saying things like are you OK in there lol Would you like some moor food you fat fresia haha. I think talking to fish is better then talking to plants.

Also never drink see water, Fish have sex in it :eek: OK that was random I know but then am a bit like that :p

Bluey said:
Talking to fish is something I used to do as well. Looking fro the tank saying things like are you OK in there lol Would you like some moor food you fat fresia haha. I think talking to fish is better then talking to plants.

Animals are often better listeners than some people...and they don't judge. :)

Bluey said:
Also never drink see water, Fish have sex in it :eek: OK that was random I know but then am a bit like that :p

There's nothing wrong with a nice tall glass of plankton and fish fluids now and again.

:shy:

Terminus said:
Awesome photos Satyr, I think it turned out great. :)

To contribute something, here's my awesome, awesome cat. I don't know what life would be without him. He looks kinda mean in this photo, but he's not, only at times. ;)

cat1new.jpg

Aww~~~ That's super cute. He looks cool, too.
I wish I have one like him. :D

Satyr said:

I'm going to keep posting this until the dead cat gets some love. If I have to do this until I'm 80, then I guess I have a new hobby.

Hate me all you like, but the kitty didn't do anything but be a good friend. Maybe some of you could follow her example.

n504360374_5303355_7262.jpg

n504360374_5150862_2150.jpg

Here's my best friend. She was a stray as a kitten and starving on the streets, so i took her in. She never leaves my side.

stella said:
lol why do you keep posting pictures of your dead cat?

Sorry, I thought she was a sweetie and deserved to have her memory honored. How would you feel if your cat died and no one said anything?

When my mother passes away and I post about that, should I expect this same treatment? Is that what we do now? Ignore people's misfortune and pain based solely on the fact that we don't like them?

Not trying to be pissy, I'm honestly just wondering... :/

Again, your cat is a cutie. Thanks for posting her.

Satyr said:
stella said:
lol why do you keep posting pictures of your dead cat?

Sorry, I thought she was a sweetie and deserved to have her memory honored. How would you feel if your cat died and no one said anything?

When my mother passes away and I post about that, should I expect this same treatment? Is that what we do now? Ignore people's misfortune and pain based solely on the fact that we don't like them?

Not trying to be pissy, I'm honestly just wondering... :/

Again, your cat is a cutie. Thanks for posting her.

lol you shouldn't be so touchy. when did i say i didn't like you or your cat?

Satyr said:

Satyr, I am sorry that you feel that your cat was ignored. For me, the way it was mentioned here, i felt that maybe there was a thread i missed where you talked about it. I figured that i would find that thread to comment. My mistake.

I am sorry about the loss of your cat. Lately i have been thinking a lot about a ratted out old tom cat that adopted me years ago so i know how much they can be missed.

Minus said:
Satyr, I am sorry that you feel that your cat was ignored. For me, the way it was mentioned here, i felt that maybe there was a thread i missed where you talked about it. I figured that i would find that thread to comment. My mistake.

I am sorry about the loss of your cat. Lately i have been thinking a lot about a ratted out old tom cat that adopted me years ago so i know how much they can be missed.

Thank you Minus. Sorry for the confusion.

See folks? That wasn't so difficult was it?

:rolleyes:

ooohhh, crow that is such an adorable puppy XD

aw that's such a sweet little kitty kismet
lol i like the name

:)

here's short little vid of my kitty caroline, just cleaning then attacking my camera strap enjoy

:)

[youtube]W-jTL9R2z-0[/youtube]

evanescencefan91 said:
here's short little vid of my kitty caroline, just cleaning then attacking my camera strap enjoy

SWEEEEET CAAROLLIIINE

BA BA BA

Good times never seemed so goooood
[youtube]twcKkXaraJM[/youtube]

Latest posts

Back