Looking To Be With A Guy, Eventually

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lost Soul

I'm a guy, but I'm not gay, I have a strong thing for girls, which is one of problems. I thought about possibly dating a guy (dating a girl, is out of the question and could never happen). I stand a more chance at finding a guy. One of the problems with that, is my Dad is kinda anti-homosexual. My Sister is the opposite, not sure where my Mom stands on that. I have brought up about being with a guy, when I driving with my parents. I don't think they took it seriously, which I wasn't all that serious, just said it was a possibility. My Dad did not like that, and I tried to explain to him, that it is a normal thing.

I am sorta bi, to some degree. I can have feelings for guys. I sorta did before. That is the direction I'm going to go. The problem is, is not the focus on attracting girls, especially gawking (which has always been my problem). I need to learn to block them out, see through them etc. I think I said that right.

Guys are more accemtping than girls are, which I why I stand a chance.

I hope you find that special someone. You have already been brave to mention your thoughts to your family.

I do not mean any offense, but to decide to try be with a man, because you do not yet have luck with a woman, this does not sound at all it could go well. Also, the conclusion "guys are more accepting than girls".. why do you think this? It is very doubtful that that is true.

Why could it never happen, to be with a woman, if that mostly what you have interest in? Surely there is more chance for success if you wait for a person who is right for you, instead to settle for what you think you have chance..

I agree with Fox; Probably not a good idea to make such generalizations about women from what is really limited personal experience.

And I know it's tough when someone like your father disapproves of your romantic interest in other men (my father was the same), something that is a core part of you, but try not to let him dictate to you whether or not to have relationships with other men. If he's only kinda anti-homosexual, I think there's a good chance he'll do some soul searching and get over his fears.. Besides, he doesn't have to know everything about your romantic life. Follow your heart and don't let fear limit you.

I wish you all the best. :)

Gay men can be just as bad if not worse than women. You are right in that you shouldn't gawk at girls. Most don't like it. You said being with one would never happen. Why exactly is that?

Hoffy said:
Gay men can be just as bad if not worse than women. You are right in that you shouldn't gawk at girls. Most don't like it. You said being with one would never happen. Why exactly is that?

Prepare, long post ahead:

I gawk becuase of insureity and desperation. I can't help it, but I'm working on it. I get hurt everytime I do, becuase I look at them and know I can't have her. So, it's kinda dumb. It's common for guys to gawk at girls, I do more then my fair share of it. My Sister and her friends often joke about me doing that.

The reason I can never have a girl, is a few reasons.

1. The most one. Most girls around here (where I live) are bitches (sorry if I offend anyone). They are arrogent, and selfiss, mostly arrogant. They don't care about people who is lower then they are (such as not as good looking, don't have as good stuff etc. I know this, becuase I study people all the time, to try and understand people and how their minds work. They just take one look, and they don't like it even if I look at them for a second. I can see they are nerous, and usually, it's quite obvious that they don't like me, they throw me a bad look. All it takes is one look.

Every girl, I try to become friends with, rejected me, and it wasn't long. I strike a few sentances, nothing bad, just ones that you normally say. They aren't interested. One girl, The Stephanator (Stephanie), from my sister's work, excepted me, at least for the most part. Becuase she knew my sister, and knew I was her brother and we went GeoCaching together in a trio a few times. She is 29.

2. It takes someone special to except me. Someone who is similar like me, lonely, no firneds or only a few. The bad thing is, lonely girls also have a hard time trusting a guy, 5X more if the guy isn't as good looking/awkward looking. She dosen't know what to make oof him.

Someone special to except me, which I think about everyday. I have an imaginary friend ('m sure I'm not only one here who has an imaginary friend), who is like a sister to me. She has been friends with me for a long time. We're very close. She excepts me, becuase she is like me, and of course, she is imaginary. She has a bery bright personality, is there for me when I need her (like when I'm feeling depressed, sad etc). She is smart and and we help each other through situations. So, we are very much a like. The problem is, I can't see her, and often have a hard time visualling her. Reality kicks in and reminds me, that it's the only kind of friendship I'll ever have, and makes me depressed. But, it's good to know that there is someone there to listen. I would like to be able to see and hear her, as if she was an actual person.

There are plenty of people who have personality like my imaginary friend. The problem is, exeptance. Most girls, don't like a boyfriend that has problems, depressed, and having to cheer them up. Only a few would ever do that, becuase in this society. It's very awkward for a guy to do that, cry in front of others, be down and depressed. Guys aren't supposed to show that. I don't know why, but that's the way it is. Girls can.

In society, it's supposed to be the guy, that helps the girl, if she is down, and depressed, not the other way around or both. Usually, when to people are upset, depressed, the relationship disappears, becuase they don't take the time to help each other. No one is interested and only interested in getting themselves better. Which is why, the relationship between me and my imaginary friend, is a very rare one. I've had imaginary friends since as long as I can remember. I've had a few. Some where characters from TV, while others were ones I made up.

Guys are more excepting, becuase they don't judge like and as often as girls do. The opposite gender is commonly confusing to the other, becuase different genders minds work very differently. Which is why I stand a chance with a guy, and not with a girl. The personality it takes to exccept me and understand me is rare (if it even exists!). I'm far from normal, becuase I have Asperger's. My speech and communication skills aren;t nearly as good as everyone elses. I speak ona basic level of communication (basic words usually), I used to have a very good vocabulary, but in the past fear years, it's gotten down. Generally, anyone with Asperger's/Autism is very different then everyone elses, while some people with Asperger's, you'd never know they have it.

Another reason, that makes it hard to make friends, is I don't fit in. I'm sensitive to some things, I don't like to party, get drunks etc. The peronality of my imaginary friend is the same.

It would take some time to do a profile on a girl that is compatible (excepts me for who I am), finding her is a completely different story. Ebven if she may exist, she may not even be from Canada. My guess ie either, the US, UK, or Australia. I pick these places, becuase most of the girls I come across, are from these places. The UK is a higher probabbility. In the UK, people are more excepting and their personality dosen't go against my eblieves (such as Naturism. The girl with the type of persoanlity would either be a Naturist, or would be open to ry it, and she is most likely open about herself). The US, people have some sort of thing against nudity. Autralia, is a little more accepting, Putting this all together, the acceptance of Naturism, and someone is socially awkward, and dosen't really have any good looks, The UK makes a higher probabbility. But, that dosen't mean she is from there.

Looking for a person that is like my imaginary friend, is like finding a needle in a hay stack. Much worse actually, becuase you got the world's populartion. Even I see this person, what are the chances of us meeting, becoming friends, etc. Very slim. I have been looking for my soul mate my entire life.

So, back on topic now. Finding a guy to be with is much easier, and less complicated. There is much more of a chance at finding the right guy, then searching the whole population for one girl, who very likely, won't exist. Many gay guys are open about themselves, with their partner (the same who lesbians) and understanding, even the like me, who are very different from everyone else.

Certainly there are many issues you need to work and overcome, in regard to finding a girl, but really I can not see why you think it would be so much easier with a guy.

Do you have experience with men before, so that you would know this? It seems you conclude girls to be not possible, and so make favorable generalizations about men, but really I can only see you would have the very same issues with men.

I do not mean offense or to try to crush hopes, but it looks like.. to try to overcome issues you have with regard to girls, instead to go as 'last resort' to men, would be a much more positive path.

DesertWolf said:
Trent said:
let's not rule out love robots, since we are keeping our options open and moving beyond our normal sexuality.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,368282,00.html

Time for you to get educated about homosexuality/bisexuality. It's quite "normal".
[video=youtube]

"normal" for him (as in he said he isn't gay and that he is attracted to girls)

not "normal" in some sort of societal sense.

derp

he is talking about going against HIS normal feelings.

trust me, i'm not a homophobe.

I KNOW GAY PEOPLE.

lol :D so i'm qualified!!!!!

fox said:
Certainly there are many issues you need to work and overcome, in regard to finding a girl, but really I can not see why you think it would be so much easier with a guy.

Do you have experience with men before, so that you would know this? It seems you conclude girls to be not possible, and so make favorable generalizations about men, but really I can only see you would have the very same issues with men.

I do not mean offense or to try to crush hopes, but it looks like.. to try to overcome issues you have with regard to girls, instead to go as 'last resort' to men, would be a much more positive path.

How do I stand a chance with a girl, if they judge me as soon as they look at me? It's like they can see right through me and see me faults "Oh, that guy is weird looking. He has Asperger's, what a creep". I haven't had any personal experince with men, only from what I generally observe.

Girls create pain due to rejection/judgmentation and discrimination. When I look at ones I find attractive, it bothers me becuase of that. I kid myself for years, thinking that there was one, but only lead to frustration, and loss hope.

Guys don't judge me, like girls do. Yes there are a few that do, mostly just teenagers and stuff, but less of them my age. Even though, they are much different then I am. The way I see it, it's more possible to find a guy, becuase there are more guys that are excepting, then finding like 1 girl in the entire population. I can have a relationship with a guy, sometimes it's kinda awkward to think about, becuase before last fall, I never thought about it. I would really like to have a girlfriend, but it's not worth the pain and misery to brun through them all the find that perfect someone, who either most likely won;t exist, or I'll never find her. :(

Trent said:
DesertWolf said:
Trent said:
let's not rule out love robots, since we are keeping our options open and moving beyond our normal sexuality.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,368282,00.html

Time for you to get educated about homosexuality/bisexuality. It's quite "normal".
[video=youtube]

"normal" for him (as in he said he isn't gay and that he is attracted to girls)

not "normal" in some sort of societal sense.

derp

he is talking about going against HIS normal feelings.

Ah, I see your point now. BTW not being gay doesn't exclude him from being bisexual. I lean more towards females, and there was a time when I thought I was heterosexual, but later I fell in love with a guy and we had a relationship. So he may actually not be "moving beyond his normal sexuality" by having a relationship with a guy.

Lost Soul said:
How do I stand a chance with a girl, if they judge me as soon as they look at me? It's like they can see right through me and see me faults "Oh, that guy is weird looking. He has Asperger's, what a creep". I haven't had any personal experince with men, only from what I generally observe.

Girls create pain due to rejection/judgmentation and discrimination. When I look at ones I find attractive, it bothers me becuase of that. I kid myself for years, thinking that there was one, but only lead to frustration, and loss hope.

Guys don't judge me, like girls do. Yes there are a few that do, mostly just teenagers and stuff, but less of them my age. Even though, they are much different then I am. The way I see it, it's more possible to find a guy, becuase there are more guys that are excepting, then finding like 1 girl in the entire population. I can have a relationship with a guy, sometimes it's kinda awkward to think about, becuase before last fall, I never thought about it. I would really like to have a girlfriend, but it's not worth the pain and misery to brun through them all the find that perfect someone, who either most likely won;t exist, or I'll never find her. :(

Why do you think all girls judge you? It seems you dismiss them before even there is a chance they could accept you.

I am not sure what else to say beyond.. men judge, and reject, and discriminate just much as women do... it would be the same difficulty to find the "perfect someone" as a man as that as a woman.. I think, if you expect men should be very much better in this way, probably you will encounter disappointment in this.

I do not mean to discourage, but instead to say... probably it would be more incline to happiness, if you are patient to seek the right person for you.

What ever it is you choose to do, I wish you best of luck in it

I know girls judge becuase of their body language. I sense a discomfort when they see me around. From how I see them judge me, they think I'm sketchy. Not much I can do about that. I could lose some weight, but I still don't think that'll help much, as it's my overall general appearance. It's like I'm gotten a curse. Becuase I always have problems, not just with girls and there is seems to be no way to overcome these problems, no matter what I do. It's tough being a guy, but that's another story. One of my problems has to do with me being a guy. All these problems only adds to the fact that I can't get a girl. :'(

You can't just will yourself to be gay out of desperation...I don't think that's how it works. If you want to go that far why not just get a few prostitutes?

I don't know why, seeing as I am straight, but I've always got along well with gay dudes, sometimes even more so then straight men; but I have never had "those" sorts of feelings towards them. Haven't really "Befriended them" as such, but ones I've worked with over the years have been really cool. Maybe because they don't spend their time talking about the next girl they'd like to "fresia" all the time, just like most guys of my age. My best friend, I have always suspected to be gay, it's been 21 years and he has never had a girlfriend, and never talks about women that much. He has the odd comment or two occasionally that changes my opinion but his mannerisms are very "feminine". Maybe being his best friend all of this time has helped me get along better with gay men? (that's if he's gay of course!)

I know what you mean when you say "Women can see straight through you and write you off as a potential partner straight away". My height is a major contributor to this, as is the way I come across to them. Apparently I'm too much of a "nice guy", not witty or intelligent enough and certainly not a "badass", as they seem to love.

kamya said:
You can't just will yourself to be gay out of desperation...I don't think that's how it works. If you want to go that far why not just get a few prostitutes?

No. Prostitues are not for relationships, only for shagging. I don't want that.

I want to have a relationship.

This is heartbraking. I've heard stories like this before, where girls would "become" lesbian, due to bad experinces with guys. Never heard it from a guy before.

I know girls are tough. But there are girls who, I'm sure wouldn't mind at all being with you. If your she is joining clubs and stuff. You can goto chat rooms or forums like these and try to talk to them. Maybe try a local forum from your area, or make one if you can. If girls ignore you, don't dwell on it, becuase they're not worth you time anyway and wouldn't work out. You deserve someone better. The girl you descibe through you post, accepting, especially, if she accepts people with Autism, she is very special girl. I know a lot of girls can be the same or seem the same.

Why would you want to be with a girl, who judges people before knowing them. They judge you. I'm not saying you shouldn't be with a guy, that's totally up to you. I'm saying, you're looking at the wrong girls. Another good thing is, you sound like a rwally good person. If they judge even just by looking at you, you are much better than they are. Don't be upset or beat yourself up becuase of that.

I'm not sure what your other problems, you said you have, but if you find a girl who accepts you, I'm sure she;ll understand your problems or help you through it. I wish you a much like finding the girl of your dreams. :)

"If your she is joining clubs and stuff
What???

The girl you descibe through you post, accepting, especially, if she accepts people with Autism, she is very special girl. I know a lot of girls can be the same or seem the same.
Exactly. It only takes someone special to except me. There are people who accept Autism who are complete jerks. I don't know why or how. Maybe they try and make a good imprission of themselves for a job or something.

Some people claim to be one thing, like do other, like on plenty of fish. Seen someone who claimed she was Christian (maybe becuase her parents are), yet on her profile, under Drugs and alcohol section, she put more then 3 times a week for drugs, and Everyday or something for Alchohol. Maybe she should read the Bible, most people don't. The rewrite it to rewrite it to suite their own (whatever the word is), which is why there are so many religons.

Why would you want to be with a girl, who judges people before knowing them.
I don't. I do dwell on it becuase I'm sensitive to being judge and rejected all the time and envy them how things are so easy and better for them, compared to mine. They have friends, good health, good communication skills, emotions etc and they take it all for granted. They only except people who are up to their level. Two faced rats!

I'm saying, you're looking at the wrong girls
I know. I have my whole life. I sorry for being being arrogant and rude. I can't help but look at (unfortunatly) attractive judgmental rats who think their so cool and better then everyone. It's envyness and desperation. Becuase I wish I had someone (but not them) and envy how what they have, good looks and stuff and they throw it around like it's nothing. Do drink every night, party every weekend, do drugs, swear all the time (a lot of rudeness these days). and stuff. I would be so happy to be one of them, and would never live the life they live. It's not a good life, like they think.

Another good thing is, you sound like a really good person. If they judge even just by looking at you, you are much better than they are. Don't be upset or beat yourself up becuase of that.
Thank you. :) I try not, it just gets to me.

Another good thing is, you sound like a rwally good person. If they judge even just by looking at you, you are much better than they are. Don't be upset or beat yourself up becuase of that.
No doubt she would. Becuase if I had someone, like the girl of my dreams, she would be the coolest girlfriend ever. Becuase she is the much different then other girls, and the opposite quite a bit.

I wish you a much like finding the girl of your dream
Thank you. It's kinda sad, becuase I spent my life thinking there was someone out there, and through so much searching, all I got was two faced rats, who judge me by one look, and not my type at all. It was very tiring and upsetting. I would cry a lot becuase of it. Now, I'm trying to convince myself, there isn't anyone, so I can move on on life and make life better, so I don't dwell on stuff.

That's why I'm putting all my thoughts on guys, and ignoring girls. My have high hormones for girls, which is why I so interesed and hem and why I gawk. I'm not looking to shag them, I just find them attractive and wish I had someone like that. I wishing to wait until marriage to shag, I would never shag someone after recently meeting them. As it takes time to get to that stage, as it's a very emotional thing. Also, it's respectful.

The girl of my dreams if either a naturist. In Canada/US, people (especially girls) have big issues on nudity, especially the very attractive looking ones. She is most likely from the UK, or maybe Australia. The sad thing is, the way society is in Canada/US, as that is all about shagging. here is so much of that stuff in the media. People don't have interests in starting families and stuff anymore. Also, the rate of divorces are going up and the rate of marriages have been going down for the past few years. I don't want someone, just to shag, I want to have a relationship with her, a lifelong relationship.

Again. I appologizing for sounded arrogant or rude. I don't always know how to put things professionally, so sometimes I sound like I'm cold. I appreciate your good comments.

Lost Soul said:
Hoffy said:

Prepare, long post ahead:

I gawk becuase of insureity and desperation. I can't help it, but I'm working on it. I get hurt everytime I do, becuase I look at them and know I can't have her. So, it's kinda dumb. It's common for guys to gawk at girls, I do more then my fair share of it. My Sister and her friends often joke about me doing that.

The reason I can never have a girl, is a few reasons.

1. The most one. Most girls around here (where I live) are bitches (sorry if I offend anyone). They are arrogent, and selfiss, mostly arrogant. They don't care about people who is lower then they are (such as not as good looking, don't have as good stuff etc. I know this, becuase I study people all the time, to try and understand people and how their minds work. They just take one look, and they don't like it even if I look at them for a second. I can see they are nerous, and usually, it's quite obvious that they don't like me, they throw me a bad look. All it takes is one look.

Every girl, I try to become friends with, rejected me, and it wasn't long. I strike a few sentances, nothing bad, just ones that you normally say. They aren't interested. One girl, The Stephanator (Stephanie), from my sister's work, excepted me, at least for the most part. Becuase she knew my sister, and knew I was her brother and we went GeoCaching together in a trio a few times. She is 29.

2. It takes someone special to except me. Someone who is similar like me, lonely, no firneds or only a few. The bad thing is, lonely girls also have a hard time trusting a guy, 5X more if the guy isn't as good looking/awkward looking. She dosen't know what to make oof him.

Someone special to except me, which I think about everyday. I have an imaginary friend ('m sure I'm not only one here who has an imaginary friend), who is like a sister to me. She has been friends with me for a long time. We're very close. She excepts me, becuase she is like me, and of course, she is imaginary. She has a bery bright personality, is there for me when I need her (like when I'm feeling depressed, sad etc). She is smart and and we help each other through situations. So, we are very much a like. The problem is, I can't see her, and often have a hard time visualling her. Reality kicks in and reminds me, that it's the only kind of friendship I'll ever have, and makes me depressed. But, it's good to know that there is someone there to listen. I would like to be able to see and hear her, as if she was an actual person.

There are plenty of people who have personality like my imaginary friend. The problem is, exeptance. Most girls, don't like a boyfriend that has problems, depressed, and having to cheer them up. Only a few would ever do that, becuase in this society. It's very awkward for a guy to do that, cry in front of others, be down and depressed. Guys aren't supposed to show that. I don't know why, but that's the way it is. Girls can.

In society, it's supposed to be the guy, that helps the girl, if she is down, and depressed, not the other way around or both. Usually, when to people are upset, depressed, the relationship disappears, becuase they don't take the time to help each other. No one is interested and only interested in getting themselves better. Which is why, the relationship between me and my imaginary friend, is a very rare one. I've had imaginary friends since as long as I can remember. I've had a few. Some where characters from TV, while others were ones I made up.

Guys are more excepting, becuase they don't judge like and as often as girls do. The opposite gender is commonly confusing to the other, becuase different genders minds work very differently. Which is why I stand a chance with a guy, and not with a girl. The personality it takes to exccept me and understand me is rare (if it even exists!). I'm far from normal, becuase I have Asperger's. My speech and communication skills aren;t nearly as good as everyone elses. I speak ona basic level of communication (basic words usually), I used to have a very good vocabulary, but in the past fear years, it's gotten down. Generally, anyone with Asperger's/Autism is very different then everyone elses, while some people with Asperger's, you'd never know they have it.

Another reason, that makes it hard to make friends, is I don't fit in. I'm sensitive to some things, I don't like to party, get drunks etc. The peronality of my imaginary friend is the same.

It would take some time to do a profile on a girl that is compatible (excepts me for who I am), finding her is a completely different story. Ebven if she may exist, she may not even be from Canada. My guess ie either, the US, UK, or Australia. I pick these places, becuase most of the girls I come across, are from these places. The UK is a higher probabbility. In the UK, people are more excepting and their personality dosen't go against my eblieves (such as Naturism. The girl with the type of persoanlity would either be a Naturist, or would be open to ry it, and she is most likely open about herself). The US, people have some sort of thing against nudity. Autralia, is a little more accepting, Putting this all together, the acceptance of Naturism, and someone is socially awkward, and dosen't really have any good looks, The UK makes a higher probabbility. But, that dosen't mean she is from there.

Looking for a person that is like my imaginary friend, is like finding a needle in a hay stack. Much worse actually, becuase you got the world's populartion. Even I see this person, what are the chances of us meeting, becoming friends, etc. Very slim. I have been looking for my soul mate my entire life.

So, back on topic now. Finding a guy to be with is much easier, and less complicated. There is much more of a chance at finding the right guy, then searching the whole population for one girl, who very likely, won't exist. Many gay guys are open about themselves, with their partner (the same who lesbians) and understanding, even the like me, who are very different from everyone else.

A lot of what you sad sounds like my life.......sadly I haven't found much of a solution yet.

I hope you find somebody though.

Latest posts

Back