Looking younger than you actually are

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dexter

Reaction score
Looking younger than you actually are sounds great, doesn't it? Being 40 and look like 30, well it might not be good in every case.

Today I wanted to buy something that is for 18+ and unfortunately I had to show my identity card for that (I am actually 22). I know that she is just doing her job and that she can get alot of trouble if she sells 18+ stuff to minors.
And I know that all this is just a minor problem, but it did still somehow bother me.

I never understood how that could bother someone. I'm 32, and very kind people say I could pass for 10 years younger.
When I was in my mid-20's, I had to show my ID for a 16+ DVD. I found that hilarious :D

Chill out. Better than the other way around :p

I look younger than my age, and I'm very rarely carded when I buy booze or whatever.

I think the cashiers just kinda don't care. :cool:

Or maybe it's the mustache.

Midnight Sky said:
I have eternal youth. look younger when I clean shave.

H6pIxxL.jpg

I think as you get older, you'll appreciate looking younger. I didn't like being mistaken for a high school student in college, but now I'm flattered if I get carded.

People always think I'm years younger than I am, especially when I've shaved and I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, I like that it seems I'm aging pretty well. On the other, I worry how it makes people perceive me when it comes to first impressions. Like it or not, people's subconscious are always active and if their first thought of me is as some young kid who doesn't know a thing, that's going to affect the direction of our remaining interactions.

I hate it. I'm 28 years old and went on a fishing trip in Canada a couple months ago. When I went to get my passport the lady asked if I was 18 years of age. She didn't even think I was 18 yet...

I been carded for can air, video games and the one time I bought beer I didn't get carded...wtf lol

I understand you as I have always looked young for my age as well. I like it now that I am well into middle age, but I do remember hating it in my teens and twenties, as I was treated pretty much as a kid till I reached 30.

I look younger then I am. I like it. However, I think looks-wise it can put off girls. Some girls like manly looking men. Not boyish ones, lol. Also, I've had interest from teens which is worrying.

Badjedidude said:
I look younger than my age, and I'm very rarely carded when I buy booze or whatever.

I think the cashiers just kinda don't care. :cool:

Or maybe it's the mustache.

That's not the reason...they just want to get you drunk and take your money. :D Besides I think you look incredibly old *smirk*

When I was young, I was always mistaken for being older - at 14 I was regularly getting into bars and nightclubs with older friends, and never ID'ed. Now in my 40's, I get mistaken for being younger, like in my early 30's.

It really does annoy me that people have the attitude "oh you should be flattered". It can be downright inconvenient and a little insulting. I get the same with people who flippantly tell me I should be grateful I'm quite flat chested because at least they won't sag when I'm older. Now I'll give you there are plus sides to both looking young and having petite breasts but sometimes its just a pain the arse. I'm 31 & my boyfriend is 37 and yet we have both been asked for id when buying alcohol and if like me you don't really have any it can lead to a lot of frustration and embarrassment. Honestly I've spent the last 10 to 15 years waiting for the moment I look and feel grown up and womanly so personally sod compliments I'd take looking 31 at this point.

I am thinking about that right now, is there a way to somehow look at least older than 18 at the age of 22?

I'm 22 and I get mistaken for a 14 year old. My neighbor who is 6 thought I was 10. He was surprised I knew how to turn my tv on. And when my parents mention my age to people, they always think i'm either 10-15. It's bothersome but it's not a huge deal for me. I think it's the way I present myself and the fact that I don't speak.

When I'm older I think i'd appreciate it more though.
I noticed the people who are more sociable or who party a lot tend to look older.

Latest posts

Back