looks or personality

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TropicalStarfish said:
What about achievement?

guys are not interested in achiverment or personalty

guys are only interested girls who top class figure and flawless face
guys like models and not the likes of me mere mortal like me when they like models who i d say are very vain very shallow and very bitchy just they have some one running around picking up after them doing the hair and make up and going to vip parties and getting there photo taken .

some take right fancy to them too even famous actors

In all honesty, most guys don't like girls who think that way, all depressed and such. Change the way you think and it'll get better.

You have to break out of your shell, this shell of depression you've made. Sitting about and moping online isn't going to do anything (except vent of course).

unlucky in life said:
TropicalStarfish said:
What about achievement?

Well one of us is mistaken, because I think that I am.
Personally, I like strong-minded women, who know what they believe in and are confident in themselves.
Just gonna share something slightly personal - I had a female former boss, fairly young (twenties or early thirties, same age or a bit older than me), at a time when our department was overworked, a lot of the responsibility was falling on our department and her personally. She was handling it all well - being strong when dealing with other departments and outsiders, giving pretty good inspirational speeches at times - being pretty impressive overall.
I had a bit of a crush on her at the time, and this was part of it for me - her being really impressive under pressure, quite badass at times, was part of the attraction. There were probably better looking women in the office and company who i found less attractive.

I don't want to be rude, but part of an attractive personality is being fun to be around, and you don't seem that way from what you've posted.
I know I've been through spells when I've been pretty monosyllabic, or sarcastic and moody - I can't have been much fun at those times.
From your posts it seems like you've got yourself in a negative frame of mind, same as I was (and still do a lot of the time), so you shouldn't shift it all onto your looks.

I think you say higher up you consider yourself ugly - you probably don't look as bad as you think, and probably could be relatively attractive with some good presentation.
And a strong, confident, funny woman will always be attractive to a fair percentage of men, regardless of looks.

unlucky in life said:
sorry i am upset over a question do men only go for good looks and body ,tall and personality doesn't matter at all just pure eye candy

does personality count at all.

shells said:
... You've already made up your mind and no one will be able to convince you otherwise. ...

unlucky in life said:

Anonymous Rex said:
unlucky in life said:
TropicalStarfish said:
What about achievement?

Well one of us is mistaken, because I think that I am.
Personally, I like strong-minded women, who know what they believe in and are confident in themselves.
Just gonna share something slightly personal - I had a female former boss, fairly young (twenties or early thirties, same age or a bit older than me), at a time when our department was overworked, a lot of the responsibility was falling on our department and her personally. She was handling it all well - being strong when dealing with other departments and outsiders, giving pretty good inspirational speeches at times - being pretty impressive overall.
I had a bit of a crush on her at the time, and this was part of it for me - her being really impressive under pressure, quite badass at times, was part of the attraction. There were probably better looking women in the office and company who i found less attractive.

I don't want to be rude, but part of an attractive personality is being fun to be around, and you don't seem that way from what you've posted.
I know I've been through spells when I've been pretty monosyllabic, or sarcastic and moody - I can't have been much fun at those times.
From your posts it seems like you've got yourself in a negative frame of mind, same as I was (and still do a lot of the time), so you shouldn't shift it all onto your looks.

I think you say higher up you consider yourself ugly - you probably don't look as bad as you think, and probably could be relatively attractive with some good presentation.
And a strong, confident, funny woman will always be attractive to a fair percentage of men, regardless of looks.

so why models in high demand and not average girl like me
is it most shallow of men like models or it general
most guys i have known don't care about success or any thing like that
one i knew was more interested how i look then who i was so i told him i was heavy and very unattractive and he blocked me told me i was waste of time so on i was been too honest with him.i though he non shallow guy turned out he made fool of me turned out he was very shallow and called old lady

guys i know are more interested models the perfect mold female from
as some men think women should be all be like models flawless perfect all day

Yeah and girls aren't interested in (insert famous actor here).

The thing is, an average guy is most probably not going to be in a relationship with a model, vice versa for a girl. Don't expect a model to date an average looking guy! Your putting yourself down for no reason.

Either your searching for guys who are models themselves or you're just too depressed, either one.

Ak5 said:
Yeah and girls aren't interested in (insert famous actor here).

The thing is, an average guy is most probably not going to be in a relationship with a model, vice versa for a girl. Sure, guys like models, but they're not probably going to date us guys because we are average looking.

but famous actors are that shallow so Orlando bloom has victora secrets model marand kerr

Your missing the point.

Don't put yourself down, it's not worth it.

Ak5 said:
Your missing the point.

Don't put yourself down, it's not worth it.

what is the point . most if not all men like models ***** or not personality or not it doesn't matter if you can compete with that's tough luck.
for one Ashley Schulz i know from her men are always telling her how muc babe she is. even one famous actor click like her page see that show you what i mean she can't joke or critzing.

i am sure she not flawless in person because she really good in the photos
may because they have airbrushed and enhanced
i looked one her photos she had no pores and eye looked brighter then normal eye .her face looked like plastic yet still very attractive
she has very high option of herself depite all she does is stand still get photo taken just like some one getting passport photo
but they have hair dresser and make up artist at then beckon call

what she does not look like hard in comparison to other jobs which take more skill and less ego they make huge amount money and have ant man they want . getting paid to be beautiful looking seem to me odd job
and to be constantly praised for it just because they won genetic lotto

does seem fair why they have every thing for nothing all because they got lucky in face height waist meaurments some are very snobby men don't see that all they see is the looks no more then that

I'm not going to go into details since you're so reluctant to accept our advice.

What your thinking isn't true, once you realize that, you'll be feeling better and will be dating.

Good lord...

If girls were interested in personality over looks I would have had A LOT of girl friends in high school. You want to talk about being superficial...not to bag on high school girls but they are just as bad sometimes. They want the hot jock, the popular guy that every other girl wants just as much.

Oh to live in a world where people didn't put so much value on looks, it would be such a better place.

To me it's personality, always has been. Of course I was attracted to the cute girl and would have really liked to have her, but that would just be cosmetic. There has to be something deeper. I like a girl who gets my humour, someone I can have a thought provoking conversation with and enjoy their company, or just goof off with. Not just to have something pretty to look at, having a barbie doll would get boring fast.

Ak5 said:
I'm not going to go into details since you're so reluctant to accept our advice.

What your thinking isn't true, once you realize that, you'll be feeling better and will be dating.

i don't follow

Sci-Fi said:
Good lord...

If girls were interested in personality over looks I would have had A LOT of girl friends in high school. You want to talk about being superficial...not to bag on high school girls but they are just as bad sometimes. They want the hot jock, the popular guy that every other girl wants just as much.

Oh to live in a world where people didn't put so much value on looks, it would be such a better place.

To me it's personality, always has been. Of course I was attracted to the cute girl and would have really liked to have her, but that would just be cosmetic. There has to be something deeper. I like a girl who gets my humour, someone I can have a thought provoking conversation with and enjoy their company, or just goof off with. Not just to have something pretty to look at, having a barbie doll would get boring fast.
that's what i am trying to say. i know model aganecy people they very snobby if you say against them they not nice people. models are not nice people they very nasty just because they good looking they think better then every one else

some men don't mind boring barbie doll those type of guys i am talking about

The point is that you must remove those thoughts from your mind, they are keeping you back.

Ak5 said:
The point is that you must remove those thoughts from your mind, they are keeping you back.
but that the truth about my self .i tried model aganecy to see what say so
i told i was not so slim or tall good looking they didn.t want to know
you see that show you now . guys love these snobby self centered women
who probably are not that nice because they build them so much get big head the likes don't get look because i don't fit mold media has made it self

why do guys model then

Give me a woman with curves, flaws and individuality and I’ll be a happy man. Give me a woman who deems herself perfect and I’ll soon get bored.

You seem to be slightly obsessed with models.

Why is it that you think you know more about what guys like/want than guys themselves say? Seriously, I'm male and I've never been so inordinarily obsessed with models, nor would I stand someone who bored me for long. I've dated two women who had worked for modeling agencies, and I wouldn't have stood for either of them if they were particularly snobbish or self-centered.

uhu uhu..
good point.
where are all these models ??
around here al i see are slightly less atractive people making babys.
including me, minus the babymaking part that is.

Minus said:
unlucky in life said:
sorry i am upset over a question do men only go for good looks and body ,tall and personality doesn't matter at all just pure eye candy

does personality count at all.

shells said:
... You've already made up your mind and no one will be able to convince you otherwise. ...

unlucky in life said:

lol. Somehow I'm not surprised that my response was ignored/filtered out.

When you're in that mindset, you only want to hear things that validate your own ideologies. I have been there myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back