Lost (the show)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PoWer2tHePeOpLE said:
i just go with the flow.. its a fun ride.. it's rare to find so much depth and back story to characters in a tv series these day.. hell, EVER.. compared to Lost.

Yeah, I just try to let it wash over me while I watch it I may go back to review episodes if I make a connection, but I'm just trying to enjoy the experience.

I do like how three-dimensional and sympathetic they have made most of the main characters. That's some good writing.

OMG! cheaptrickfans a lostie! i and powertothe people!! you gouys rock!!!!!!!!!!favorite lonelylifers on here now
im an avid lost watcher, trying to decode all the mystery and what not
last weeks episode was awesome!
ive always put in my vote as richard, the king of all of this when it ends!!
i was on team lock but no and sayids cool but no, richards my man to beat all in the end

11 MORE EPISODES TO GO!!! THEN HOPEFULLY A MOVIE!!!!!! (fingers crossed)

loketron said:
OMG! cheaptrickfans a lostie! i and powertothe people!! you gouys rock!!!!!!!!!!favorite lonelylifers on here now
im an avid lost watcher, trying to decode all the mystery and what not
last weeks episode was awesome!
ive always put in my vote as richard, the king of all of this when it ends!!
i was on team lock but no and sayids cool but no, richards my man to beat all in the end

I love the ageless, eyeliner-wearing Richard Alpert. I am dying to know of his origins. :p

I sometimes read over at the MyMedia forums devoted to Lost. Talk about devoted. There are some amazing theories bouncing around over there!

You're right, this week's episode was incredible. Kind of makes you wonder who will be left standing for the final battle, and what that will entail. I also wonder if they will ever name the man in black/Jacob's nemesis or if it even matters what his name is.

burnout said:
Lost is freakin awesome...I wonder how it'll end.

No kidding! I think that somehow the universe will course correct itself (as Ms. Hawking would say), but whether that means that the parallel timeline that they show us now in these timeflashes sideways will become the "real" story thread or what, I have no idea. They have to have some explanation that deals satisfactorily with it. I read a theory somewhere that said that the timeline dealing with the crash of Oceanic 815 (so basically everything that we've seen in seasons 1-5) was the aberration that the universe needed to correct itself of. If that were the case, though, why didn't everything just end at the climax of season 5?

Hmm.

So yeah, Lost is the honeysuckle. lol

PoWer2tHePeOpLE said:
cheaptrickfan said:
Maybe it's just that people don't like me.

lol as if.. :D

Aww...

1lg143treehug.gif

lol That graphic cracked me up!

It reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw once that said, "I hug trees because I secretly hope that they will hug me back." lol

yeah, i've heard of that one.. as it is the bark just kinda scrapes your cheek and thats about it.. i think i heard one whisper throught the wind, 'look buddy, i'm not really into that sort of thing, try the oak down the road'.. hehe

Well...its almost over so I though i'd revive the thread...so what did everyone think of the last two episodes?

Anyone watch the finale? I have never missed an episode ever. I have been watching it since the very first episode...

so... those that watched it.. what did you think of it? AND... i have a few questions... but i don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't seen it yet....

I saw it. All I can say about the finale is that although it was satisfying on an emotional level (I cried), it was far from satisfying on an intellectual level (still lots of unanswered questions and incongruity).

cheaptrickfan said:
I saw it. All I can say about the finale is that although it was satisfying on an emotional level (I cried), it was far from satisfying on an intellectual level (still lots of unanswered questions and incongruity).

yes I cried too... but i also feel like there were so many unanswered questions.... for instance.... did they actually die from the plane crash.... and is that why Ben did NOT go into the church... because he wasnt on the plane? I'm just confused. I need to talk with someone and get some answers! :(

Danielle said:
cheaptrickfan said:

yes I cried too... but i also feel like there were so many unanswered questions.... for instance.... did they actually die from the plane crash.... and is that why Ben did NOT go into the church... because he wasnt on the plane? I'm just confused. I need to talk with someone and get some answers! :(

My interpretation: those flash-sideways this series, was NOT an alternate timeline as a result of Juliet's detonation of the H-bomb at the end of season 5. The writers led us to believe that that was the case, but it was a red herring.

In the series finale, Christian appeared to explain to Jack that this was instead a separate reality where the souls of the departed would wait before moving on. So, kind of an anteroom for the dead who can't let go yet. They were all living some reality, right, until they remembered their true life. It was also set entirely outside of time. For all we know, it could have been centuries after they had all died before Jack finally accepted that he was dead, so there is no use in trying to establish WHEN that was happening.

He also said that they were all dead, but that some had died before Jack (like Charlie, Boone and Shannon) and others at some point in time after him (presumably Kate, Sawyer and Hurley), but that they were waiting for Jack before moving on. Jack was the last to "let go" of his previous life and accepting the fact that he was dead.

Ben waited outside because even though he had accepted the fact that he was dead, he was not ready to move on yet.

Hurley told Ben that he had been a "great number 2," which I think is evidence that they had indeed lived a long time, co-administering the island after Jack had died.

Now there were a few inconsistencies like baby Aaron in the church. There is no good reason for him to be there as an infant, but whatever.

ok that makes A LOT more sense to me. I was confused. I kinda thought there was a long time line.... and everyone was just waiting for Jack to realize/admit he had died. But the Ben thing threw me a little, and Aaron as an infant threw me too.

Latest posts

Back