Masturbation

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Felix said:
Agreed

I tell people I masturbate. Right after a handshake, that's the perfect timing :p

This is the sort of comment I think about when I am walking down the street alone or am on the train alone and then I start laughing and everyone looks at me as if I am mad.

I think that everyone, or at least most people do. I can't say if it\s shameful or not. I wouldn't tell people that I do, but it's taboo to talk about it in most places.

It's a great way to pass the time and get rid of sexual urges.

Noting to be ashamed of. Then again, I wouldn't go as far as posting pictures/videos of it.
Just needs a healthy medium.
As for me, I do it on a whim. There are just those moments when I feel an irrational urge to release.

It's also good for headaches too. A great way to pass the time and feel good.

Lost Soul said:
I wouldn't post pictures of it eitger.

I see one more comment by you about that and you'll find yourself getting time off from the forum.

OK. I won't say anything else on this subject, and I'm sorry for making that post. *treads carefully*

Im not ashamed about it. In fact now you mention it I might go rub one out right now.

I'm back.

Many fundamentalists interpret a variety of Bible passages* to mean that masturbation is sinful. A few are direct but more are alluded to, such as, claiming that the only sexual expression that's pleasing to God is between a man and a woman in their marriage bed.
Even moderate Christians and the non-religious have retained the association between masturbation and shame, as evidenced by the refusal of sex-ed programs to present masturbation as a normal and healthy part of human sexuality, or to discuss it at all.
*sorry, not gonna go find em

Personally, I find masturbation boring so try and get it over with as fast as possible. But usually, I prefer to bake cookies (not a euphemism).

roguewave said:
Many fundamentalists interpret a variety of Bible passages* to mean that masturbation is sinful. A few are direct but more are alluded to, such as, claiming that the only sexual expression that's pleasing to God is between a man and a woman in their marriage bed.
Even moderate Christians and the non-religious have retained the association between masturbation and shame, as evidenced by the refusal of sex-ed programs to present masturbation as a normal and healthy part of human sexuality, or to discuss it at all.

Personally, I find masturbation boring so try and get it over with as fast as possible. But usually, I prefer to bake cookies (not a euphemism).

That may be back in the day when the Bible was written, but what about now? A lot of lonely folks, some of us don't stand a chance and masturbating is the next best thing, if you can't shag. I'm sure it's less sinful then shagging someone outside of marriage.

Lost Soul said:
roguewave said:

That may be back in the day when the Bible was written, but what about now? A lot of lonely folks, some of us don't stand a chance and masturbating is the next best thing, if you can't shag. I'm sure it's less sinful then shagging someone outside of marriage.

But I'm saying that "masturbation is shameful" has been a cultural standard for a long ass time and it's been passed down from generation to generation and is still very much prevalent today. In my family we never talked about it, but I still somehow got the impression that it's shameful from somewhere (church, school, society, etc). When something as prevalent and common as masturbation is never talked about, it takes on kind of a hush-hush, shameful overtone.
P.S.- I'm not religious and don't care if people want to masturbate! Just want to clarify that!

roguewave said:
Lost Soul said:
roguewave said:

But I'm saying that "masturbation is shameful" has been a cultural standard for a long ass time and it's been passed down from generation to generation and is still very much prevalent today. In my family we never talked about it, but I still somehow got the impression that it's shameful from somewhere (church, school, society, etc). When something as prevalent and common as masturbation is never talked about, it takes on kind of a hush-hush, shameful overtone.
P.S.- I'm not religious and don't care if people want to masturbate! Just want to clarify that!

Ya. Strange thing is. Sex is not hush-hush anymore. You hear about it everywhere. See it most movies now, which have very graphic sex scenes. People are still embarrashed to say they masturbate. Even some animals do it.

Lost Soul said:
roguewave said:
Lost Soul said:
roguewave said:

Ya. Strange thing is. Sex is not hush-hush anymore. You hear about it everywhere. See it most movies now, which have very graphic sex scenes. People are still embarrashed to say they masturbate. Even some animals do it.

I know, it's so messed up, right? Sex is everywhere but don't say the "M" word. LOLZ!

It's natural to wank off every now and then.

I don't see why people think it's such a big deal.

I'm pretty certain Jesus masturbated. If you BELIEVE in him, that is.

Latest posts

Back