Myths and Truths

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ChiCowboy said:
I'm not being mean. I'm reacting as anyone would to an arrogantly written "Puh-leeze," followed by an erroneous claim of error on my part. Catch my drift?

MODERATORS: This punk ass ***** is messing with me. Now, I'd be more than happy to take care of it myself; but I don't want to get another warning for making another piss ant cry. Please advise.

Mary Mary said:
ChiCowboy said:
I'm not being mean. I'm reacting as anyone would to an arrogantly written "Puh-leeze," followed by an erroneous claim of error on my part. Catch my drift?

MODERATORS: This punk ass ***** is messing with me. Now, I'd be more than happy to take care of it myself; but I don't want to get another warning for making another piss ant cry. Please advise.

Here's my advice:

Call someone else here a "punk ass *****" and I'll give you a vacation.

The rest of you....ANY name calling will resort in a short ban and one more harsh word to each other and I will close this thread.

And the first person that whines about this warning might find themselves on the short-ban list as well. In my experience, the best thing in this case is to simply close the thread and ban ANYONE who was name-calling...sort of like they do in grade school. o_O

Now, keep it on topic or I'll close it.

Speaking of good girl, I'd consider myself one, however, I'm not shy and naive, and I'm not "used" either. Where does that leave me?

VanillaCreme said:
Speaking of good girl, I'd consider myself one, however, I'm not shy and naive, and I'm not "used" either. Where does that leave me?
That leaves you at the top of the heap, I would say. I'm the same myself, from the male side. I can certainly be a bad boy - incredibly bad - but if I'm with someone, I have no problem turning that side of me off. Some people can't. *cough* ex *cough*

[rant]
"Naive" has become a popular word as of late. I see it used in TV commercials and programs, and everyone has it on the tip of their tongue. It is a terribly imprecise word, and I'm beginning to despise its use. The truth is, we are all naive about something. There isn't a single person on this planet who is so worldly that he or she has experienced everything life has to offer. People I know who are quick to call others naive *cough* yeah, her again *cough* are covering up for their own insecurities and shortcomings.
[/rant over]

Don't underestimate others. Just because a person may not react - as you'd expect or at all - to another's words or behavior does not necessarily mean that person is naive, innocent or stupid. It could mean he just doesn't care, or it could mean he has something up his own sleeve. There's an old saying I'll paraphrase here: It's the shy reserved person you need to be wary of, not the boisterous loudmouth.

Mary Mary said:
ChiCowboy said:

I wasn't even talking to you much less messing with you. Who's the one crying here? I'm going to ignore you (unless you can type the simple words "Sorry, my bad.") as I don't want to see this interesting thread closed.

ChiCowboy said:
Don't underestimate others. Just because a person may not react - as you'd expect or at all - to another's words or behavior does not necessarily mean that person is naive, innocent or stupid. It could mean he just doesn't care, or it could mean he has something up his own sleeve. There's an old saying I'll paraphrase here: It's the shy reserved person you need to be wary of, not the boisterous loudmouth.

Well said. I think we'd all do well to remember this. With very few notable exceptions, I do not trust until someone has shown me that they deserve it. And even then, I make them earn it. I've been burned too much in the past to blindly trust. Unfortunately, that has also put me in the position of being one of those reserved people that others feel the need to be wary of. But I'm not reserved because I have anything up my sleeve. I'm reserved because it's a wall of protection. A former friend of mine once told me, 'It's really hard to break your walls down. Even when you're with me, I can still see that part of you that I can't reach.' So, it could also be fear of being hurt that makes a person shy and/or reserved. You may or may not need to be wary of that person, but it's probably better to be wary until you figure out whether that person is someone to be wary of.

I hope that made sense. Thanks for your insight, ChiCowboy.

exactly my point

good girls may not be shy, they may not be naive..

they may be used..

all things not typical of the good-girl image.

VanillaCreme said:

Stephanie said:
Well said. I think we'd all do well to remember this. With very few notable exceptions, I do not trust until someone has shown me that they deserve it. And even then, I make them earn it. I've been burned too much in the past to blindly trust. Unfortunately, that has also put me in the position of being one of those reserved people that others feel the need to be wary of. But I'm not reserved because I have anything up my sleeve. I'm reserved because it's a wall of protection. A former friend of mine once told me, 'It's really hard to break your walls down. Even when you're with me, I can still see that part of you that I can't reach.' So, it could also be fear of being hurt that makes a person shy and/or reserved. You may or may not need to be wary of that person, but it's probably better to be wary until you figure out whether that person is someone to be wary of.

I hope that made sense. Thanks for your insight, ChiCowboy.
Thank you so much for the kind words.

Yes, you make perfect sense. I display that wall of protection myself, but if I'm uncertain about someone's motives and want to give the benefit of the doubt (or if I want the truth), I will play along as if I'm the greenest mark in town. It's a tactic I use that instills confidence in someone who may be trying to game me (or who is hiding something from me). Conning the conman, if you will. This method has worked for me in many situations and social arrangements. The ex I spoke of above became so confident thinking she had me snowed, that she became sloppy and careless. She revealed herself time and time again. She'd make a lousy poker player.

At my age, however, what looks like innocence to others is nothing more than me not giving a ****. I'm tellin' ya, I'm beginning to think something happens to certain people when they pass 50 that makes them act like they're in high school again. Simply amazing. Just because I'm not showing any excitement at the local tramp counting her tens and twenties as she makes numerous trips to the bar parking lot does not mean I don't know what's going on. It means I'm yawning.

Latest posts

Back