Natural shut down

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cumulus.james

Reaction score
It is occurring to me to starve myself, take to my bed and just let my body shut down. It is not clear to me what else is to be done with this hollowed out husk of a carcass.

Solutions are absent; darkness and despair omnipresent.

I failed at life. Or it failed me. Both are could be true and the outcome the same no matter.

cumulus.james said:
I failed at life. Or it failed me. Both are could be true and the outcome the same no matter.

It only fails when you decide it fails.

I don't care how it ends. You could at least afford me the ability to express how I feel. I have nothing else in life.

cumulus.james said:
I don't care how it ends. You could at least afford me the ability to express how I feel. I have nothing else in life.

You have expressed yourself, more than just this thread itself and of course it's okay for you to do that but usually, people do it to unload and make themselves feel better. Do you? Also, don't you want to make some changes in your life so you can feel better about it, even if just for the slightest teeniest bit?

cumulus.james said:

If expression was all you wanted and not replies, maybe this would have been better in the diary section?

I can only hope for the best for you and that you improve and find a way out of this eventually.

cumulus.james said:
It is occurring to me to starve myself, take to my bed and just let my body shut down. It is not clear to me what else is to be done with this hollowed out husk of a carcass.

Solutions are absent; darkness and despair omnipresent.

Why do you think solutions are absent?

I don't know if it will be possible for you to do this as after two or three days you will become so hungry that your body will probably force you out of bed to find something to eat.
I can relate to your despair though. Life can be very dark and pointless at times.

TheRealCallie said:
cumulus.james said:
We have been searching. For over 10 years. We couldn't find them.

Who exactly is "we"? I thought you were completely alone...

"We haven't spoken to anyone for so long we started talking to ourselves"
- The Ancient Tortoise, Never Ending Story.

Tiina63 said:
I don't know if it will be possible for you to do this as after two or three days you will become so hungry that your body will probably force you out of bed to find something to eat.
I can relate to your despair though. Life can be very dark and pointless at times.

Thanks. It is dark and pointless all the time.

I've been in places without choices, all you can really do is endure and keep searching, even if it take 15 years.

If there is synchronicity or any pattern to thought and manifestation then the answer will eventually come into to your view or present itself eventually.

Unfortunately I don't believe in above -> "the secret" and all that honeysuckle so imo you are left to the aspect of random chance. Though i do have a vision board, so maybe im full of honeysuckle

In the meantime all you can do is fight and get rejected.. or not

If you want a job, unfortunately you will have to go volunteer somewhere to get experience and if you feel that people judge you and not even give you volunteer work, maybe you're right, they might, and you might get rejected a lot. Human are still idiots and depending upon where you live, they might be bigger idiots.

Student loans, go back to school, government programs for people with disabilities, exploit yourself on a crowdfunding site.

write to ellen, oprah,

no motivation? take happy pills, nothing else will work, and even those im not too sure about

You have no choice but to accept it and keep trying for the rest of your life... or you can give up

Lack of options is a jail sentence, I get it, but... if you want out, keep trying... 15 years 20 years...I'm not sure you will win but you wont know unless you try.

I'm sure you've thought it all through... keep thinking, keep trying. the odds get better with time.

I have here

1) Albert Camus - The Myth Of Sisyphus "There is but one truly Philosophical problem and that is suicide".

2) Bertrand Russell - The Conquest Of Happiness "The causes of these various kinds of unhappiness lie partly in the social system, partly in individual psychology - which, of course, is itself to a considerable extent a product of the social system".

3) Sam Harris - Free Will "You are not the conscious author of your thoughts, to be so would require that you think them before you thought them, we do not know what we intend to do until the intention itself arises".

I wonder if any of these could provide any comfort. I shall read the suicide one first.

You're misunderstanding our posts. If you sense a negative tone, it's because you keep counteracting whatever advice is offered to you. The suicidal ideations are beside the point.
Would it be such a travesty to consider just one of the suggestions offered in this thread and others you've created in the past?

cumulus.james said:
I have here

1) Albert Camus - The Myth Of Sisyphus "There is but one truly Philosophical problem and that is suicide".

2) Bertrand Russell - The Conquest Of Happiness "The causes of these various kinds of unhappiness lie partly in the social system, partly in individual psychology - which, of course, is itself to a considerable extent a product of the social system".

3) Sam Harris - Free Will "You are not the conscious author of your thoughts, to be so would require that you think them before you thought them, we do not know what we intend to do until the intention itself arises".

I wonder if any of these could provide any comfort. I shall read the suicide one first.

Actually that order would be good. Russell and Harris are humanists. Their works are not to interpret as means to an end. So you can take what they say and form your own view. I think there's just a few instances in that you could justify terminate a life, but they are way beyond of what anyone here has experimented. It must be something, anything that can keep a person going.

TheRealCallie said:
cumulus.james said:
There's nothing left.

Bullshit

VanillaCreme said:
Attention grabbing.

Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back