Need trip advice

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avalon

Reaction score
A few days ago my gf brought up going to Idaho together for a trip, she was excited and wanted to go this weekend.

She would need to miss one day of school (college).

I have my reservations... I know she's not doing well in school (skipping, lates,etc.), plus she has a big assignment due the following week that she's kinda brushing aside. Seems like I'm more worried about her class than she is. I told her maybe she should do her homework first, I even offered to help her with it. In fact, I suggested we should spend this weekend doing the homework, and going another time.

She then said we could go the next weekend if I wanted to, that it really didn't matter to her.

I feel like I'm behaving like her dad here. I really shouldn't be telling her how to do things, she's an adult, but then again I feel kinda bad telling her to skip class.

Any ideas? Should we just go, and should i stop acting like a dad and more like a bf? thanks!

You reminded her about her homework, after that it's her choice if she does it or not.

If she decides that missing a day of college is not a big deal to her then go on the trip.

Of course you should be acting more like a boyfriend. Would you want her to act like your Mother? :)

Well, I said "let's do the homework this weekend" and she said "ok".
I even told her I would come straight after I got off work on Friday.

What the hell was I thinking yesterday? Homework??? shheeessh ... let the woman do her homework when she wants, and I really shouldn't be setting her a schedule!!!

ugh, I can be such a party-pooper sometimes, I guess I'm too strict with her. What's more, the weather will be good too.

She's an adult. let her make her own mistakes. She probably doesn't appreciate you trying to control her, but i wouldn't stress about it too much. If you don't try to "parent' her again, she'll forget about it. That's what relationships are all about. Figuring out what the other person needs and wants from you.

Latest posts

Back