need your input

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all,
got a question for everyone. I was robbed the other day, well actually someone came in my house while my family and i was asleep, and stole my kids ps2. I did make a report to the police dept. , by accident i overheard a conversation between people and found out for the most part who did it. The problem is this person lives relaly close to me, i am not form this town, nor do i have anyone here i can trust, or family to help me. OK thingis they person who i assume did this is from a very rough crowd and family, whic makes me rethink saying anything else to the police. Im afraid that would be more harm done to my family. what do i do?

Can you report it anonomously? How would they ever know that someone else didn't turn them in?

I wish i could, but htis a very small town. I am not form here nor have i beenhere fo rvery long, along with the fact that i am a minority here.

I think you should report it. It's not right to let people get away with robbery.

hmm~~~ weight the pros and cons of reporting.
If you are more than 90% sure that reporting can be harmful for your family and yourself, if I were you, I would let them go for this time. Our life is the most important thing for us, isn't it?
Other than that, try to lock windows and doors with better lock to prevent any similar incident.

Well for your peace of mind if you fear retribution I think you should not say something, that way you don't have anything to fear about.

Report it to the police.
Ask to talk to a supervisor and explain your situation.
File a restrain order against the entire family or person that stole from you.
Ask for restitutions.

If the local police dosn't hadle the problem for you.
Report it the sherrif department...Move up the change of command.

Call and talk to the local newspaper...if you have too. This way
it's on record....

That's why...report it to the local police department...so everything is on record.

You should not have to live in fear.
fresia those people that stole from you..Evidently they don't care.
fresia the family for having stolen property in thier prosession...they can all go to hell too.

You must report it to the police...if they get away with it...they'll come back for more stuff
and more and more. And possibly progress into other crimes against you and your family.

self isolating said:
I wish i could, but htis a very small town. I am not form here nor have i beenhere fo rvery long, along with the fact that i am a minority here.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I have been a little side tracked. What do you mean by very small? 5,000 or less?

Well is there any more that you can do to prevent them from continuing? Why did they steal from you? Who can stand up to them?

You have to look at it from another angle too. If you let them get away with it they will probably keep doing it knowing you're an "easy mark".

Coming into your house when you're home? That really takes balls. What would have happened if someone had woken up? What if they do it again thinking they can get away with it again and one of your sons walks in on them?

If nothing else I'd make an anonymous call to the police using a different phone.

LonelyDragon said:
You have to look at it from another angle too. If you let them get away with it they will probably keep doing it knowing you're an "easy mark".

Coming into your house when you're home? That really takes balls. What would have happened if someone had woken up? What if they do it again thinking they can get away with it again and one of your sons walks in on them?

If nothing else I'd make an anonymous call to the police using a different phone.

The politics of a small town are completely different from that of a city. Living in a town of 25,000. It's large enough that we wouldn't have the problem they are, but I understand. The problem is I don't really have a perfect solution.

The whole thing must feel very violating.

Yeah, I know both large cities and small towns. I'm in a town about the same size that they are in, but grew up in DFW TX (Dallas). I've lived in towns as small as barely having 1000 residents. That's why I suggested using a different phone so that the call can't definitively be traced back to them. Or maybe having someone else from a different area do it.

im sorry to hear that happened to you and your family....

i suppose there are pros and cons either way, the other thing to remember is that ultimately you would be going to the police with hear say, unless the person/s you heard talking about it, knew for sure either by witnessing them or getting it from the horse's mouth and were willing to make a statement on that, then i dont think there could be much the police could do, if only maybe ask them a few questions, which could then inflame the situation? im not sure if i have been watching too many police shows tho hehe

on the flip side, i would be tempted to still report, as really crooks should not be allowed to get away with it...

i guess just weigh the pros and cons, and see if it is something you want to do, or maybe just have a chat without mentioning names to the police as to what they would do and go from there....the other thing is to make sure you protect your home, as some crooks are lazy, so if they see deadlocks and other measures they wont even try....

People like that thrive off others who are to scared to open their mouth and stand up to them.
Its what makes them bullies.Im making a bet if they are as you say, already known to the police.
I would go and report it and let the law follow it up.
You have the right to be safe in your own home and not be intimidated and bullied by thugs regardless of how long you have lived there.

Latest posts

Back