Official "Lonely Life Recent Game Happenings Thread"

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man I hate it when gaming companies do that honeysuckle. You get an awesome game, finish it, and look forward to the next one only to be let down and are $50 lighter in the pocket. Thank God for "Greatest Hits" and used titles.

The only thing I've managed to do in a game lately, is win the Asia Cup with China.

One goal in extra time against South Korea :cool:

Just picked up a used copy of "Tekken 6". Not too bad a game. I still think that 3 is the best I've played thus far, but I got 6 for $10.
It's worth it.

Well. My birthday party was a fiasco, but I raked in $185.
I was very tempted to buy "Street Fighter Vs. Tekken" but before I decided to buy it from EB Games, I took a look at some used games from a local business and bought these titles for the PS3:

1. "L.A. Noire" ($15)
2. "Mortal Kombat" ($30)
3. "Final Fantasy XIII" ($12)
4. "Saints Row II" ($10)

I just figured that I'd enjoy all of these titles more than just one. Besides,
"Street Fighter Vs. Tekken" will eventually drop in price. I'm in no hurry.

For those of you who may not have played
"Mortal Kombat 9", I highly recommend trying it if you are into the "Fighter"
genre. It's the bloodiest and most awesome one in the entire series in my
opinion.

2gy605s.jpg

Is that the "komplete" edition with all the DLC? I always liked the idea of them using Freddy Kruger in the game, wish they added Jason and Michael too.

mkf.jpg

Lost Drifter said:
Is that the "komplete" edition with all the DLC? I always liked the idea of them using Freddy Kruger in the game, wish they added Jason and Michael too.

mkf.jpg
Hi Lost.
Nope. It's just the standard edition. To be completely honest, I wasn't aware of the full edition until my brother told me. I don't belong to the network. Still an awesome game though. All the gore makes the price I paid well worth it. lol

I’d love to be good at fighting games. I can play them, perform some basic combos and the odd special move but when you look at the hardcore gamers during those tournaments I know I haven’t got a hope in hell on reaching their levels of skill.

Lost Drifter said:
I’d love to be good at fighting games. I can play them, perform some basic combos and the odd special move but when you look at the hardcore gamers during those tournaments I know I haven’t got a hope in hell on reaching their levels of skill.
Neither do I. In life there are always going to be people that dominate in their chosen activities. Just like basketball has its Kobe Bryants, and hockey has its Sidney Crosbys, gaming has its experts as well. There is always someone out there better someone else.

Especially in martial arts. There are martial artists out there that would crush any competitor in the UFC but have nothing to prove and don't compete.

Can I rant about a game for a bit? I play DCUO and I'm in a league with some pretty decent people. Last night I wanted to do a sub-avatar run. Those are "bosses" who drop special gear, and only they drop it. There's a group of us who are always on and we've been running it together. I'm pretty much the only one of us who run it regularly who has the least amount of the new gear. When I asked if anyone wanted to do it I also mentioned the four pieces I still needed. Four of us ran it, one person was on an alternate character and another hadn't run it. They were all "needing" on the gear, some of what I mentioned I wanted. When people need on group drops it goes to a roll, highest roll gets it. I didn't complain, one guy didn't have any of it, and the other one who was using an alternate didn't have any for that character. Later we had more people come on and join in. There were two pieces I needed that I missed out on several times. Somewhere along the line our league leader must have mentioned he wanted the shoulders when they dropped, I never saw him mention it at all. When they drop I roll need because I still hadn't gotten them and had already missed out on them three times last night. I start getting ragged on for getting them. I was stunned because I didn't know there was an agreement he was going to get them, especially since I mentioned from the beginning what I needed and kept losing out on them. I also told them that I hadn't gotten the back either which had dropped four times, the fifth time I won the roll, other people still rolled need on them though.

That really upset me, I wasn't getting mad at anyone not giving me first dips on the drops so I could complete my set. I didn't get mad at anyone who didn't have the gear. I didn't get mad at the one person who has a complete set on one character who was grabbing the loot on her alternate. But yet I get chewed out.

Poguesy said:
Does nobody go outside and kick a football anymore?
Only if their gaming consoles, PC, Blackberry, Nintendo DS, PSP, Blue Ray player, Game Boy, Sony Vita, and Television aren't working.

This local store where I live has 3 used copies of "Final Fantasy VII" for $40 each. I already own one, but I was thinking of getting one for my brother. Do you feel that the price is reasonable?

Hmm... nothing cool lately. Been playing a mess of battlefield 3. So in response to my god-awful reply, here's something I thought was really neat I found a couple of months ago. A passage from an old game called Kings Quest VI.

"Your challenge is this, for thousands of years, I have sat upon this throne. I have heard every sad tale that can be told by human lips. I have seen tragedy that ended empires, injustices that defy reason; love that would light the very stars cold and hard. I have seen torments that cannot be possibly be born; yet must be. For centuries, this thing I have never done. I have never shed a tear. Make me cry, thou man of flesh. That is your challenge"

"Tekken 6" was very disappointing. The characters in "Arcade Mode" have no ending. It goes right to the credits! It wouldn't
of hurt for the good people at Namco to include some sort of ending story for each character. In my opinion, every "Tekken" sequel after 3 sucked ass.

My Dragon Age II game got messed up on the weekend. Two characters texture mapping completely vanished for their clothing. All that was there was the 3d solid model. Except for their heads and weapons, that was okay. It was just two characters though through the cut scenes and game play. Everyone else around them was fine.

Latest posts

Back