Official "Lonely Life Recent Game Happenings Thread"

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of curiosity what’s the big difference between the original Dragon Age and the second game? I’ve been tempted to sample one of those titles but fans seem to be split on which is the better game.

Lost Drifter said:
Out of curiosity what’s the big difference between the original Dragon Age and the second game? I’ve been tempted to sample one of those titles but fans seem to be split on which is the better game.

The characters are the biggest difference, plus the story in Dragon Age II lacks a real straight forward plot.

In Dragon Age Origins (there's also Awakenings which I haven't played and was told not to bother by those who have) the whole main plot to the game is the invasion of the Dark Spawn and defeating them to save your homeland. There's a purpose to your hero of the game from the beginning.

In Dragon Age II you flee from your homeland to a new place where you have to work to climb the social ladder and become "The Champion of Kirkwall". Along the way you meet up with different people and get involved with their quests, and the political workings of Kirkwall, which drives the main story to its ultimate conclusion. You can also upload a previous game from Dragon Age Origins when you play Dragon Age II. It's not necessary, there are preloaded stories you can use. Which is what ties the two games together.

So while the two games are connected it isn't necessary to have played the first one. Personally I have enjoyed playing DA II over DA Origins. Even though there is the lack of a solid plot it just seemed more fun. My part time employee who has played the games backwards enjoyed DA II as well. Though II lacks a main purpose from the beginning it's fun to play a character who just helps (or not, your choice) the people he comes in contact with. Your relationships with the people who join your quest can greatly affect the path you choose at the end.

I like to compare the two to Batman and Superman. DA Origins you are basically like Batman, from the beginning something happens to you that drives your purpose throughout the game. In DA II you are Superman, you arrive in a new land (which you mother is native too but left before your character was born) and you just help people along the way, until what is going on in this new land climaxes and you have to decide who you will stand with. Ironic I enjoy DA II more being more of a Batman fan, lol.

columbo.png

And is the combat fluid in the games or more turn based? Videos seem to show different options so it this something that can be turned on or off?

More fluid, there are cool downs to abilities and how much stamina or mana you have to use them, but you can attack at will. You can also switch to other party members at will. The AI uses whatever attacks they have and will use ones that are pinned in their quick commands. You can also access your inventory in combat (which pauses when accessed) to use potions or bombs which all have cool down periods as well after they are used.

I know this post isn't about "Dragon Age", but have any of you played "Uncharted 2"? by any chance? If so, what did you think? OK. Back to you guys with Dragon Age.

Never played it, don't think it's on Xbox if it's the game I'm thinking of. It looked incredibly cool though.

Thanks for that Sci-Fi, I’ll pick it up next weekend and give it a whirl, I need something new to fill the void left by Mass Effect.

Uncharted 2 was really good, puts most movies to shame and the action hardly ever lets up.

A local used electronics store has 4 copies of "The Golden Compass" for the PS3 for $2.00 a piece! LOL I know they have 4 of them, but surely the game can't be that bad. Can it?

_-The-Golden-Compass-PS3-_.jpg

I still get asked for I.D when buying games. I'm 21! Last time I was asked, it was by this absolutely gorgeous girl with red hair at Game. She made me all embarrassed, I was all tongue tied 'cause of how cute she was, and she could sense I was shy, so she said she always gets asked for I.D too, and smiled at me. The most beautiful smile I've ever seen, and then she winked at me. I fell instantly in love with her!

LoneKiller said:
A local used electronics store has 4 copies of "The Golden Compass" for the PS3 for $2.00 a piece! LOL I know they have 4 of them, but surely the game can't be that bad. Can it?

_-The-Golden-Compass-PS3-_.jpg

No matter how bad, I'd buy it for that price :D

To be honest, the local second hand store sells some games for 1 euro 98, not all of them are bad. You can buy Grand Theft Auto 3 for about 2 euro e.g. Ofcourse, these are PS2 games so they are cheaper than PS3 games in general.

LoneKiller said:
This local store where I live has 3 used copies of "Final Fantasy VII" for $40 each. I already own one, but I was thinking of getting one for my brother. Do you feel that the price is reasonable?

I don't know if you bought it, but it seems quite expensive. I know that it's an absolute classic, one of the best FF games out there, but that doesn't mean it's rare to find, on the contrary: due to its success, it's probably quite easy to pickup somewhere.

I think the fact that they own 3 copies says it all.

Fitz said:
I still get asked for I.D when buying games. I'm 21! Last time I was asked, it was by this absolutely gorgeous girl with red hair at Game. She made me all embarrassed, I was all tongue tied 'cause of how cute she was, and she could sense I was shy, so she said she always gets asked for I.D too, and smiled at me. The most beautiful smile I've ever seen, and then she winked at me. I fell instantly in love with her!
Well, what are you waiting for son? Ask her out!

I was going to post something about videogames, but I don't want to steal Fitz's thunder :D

LoneKiller said:

Yeah, in my dreams perhaps! When she winked at me, I just started grinning like a dummy. The smile and wink combo just completely threw me off balance. She was perfect, believe me I wish I could've asked her out or whatever, but I just couldn't do it! I'm a hopeless case!

Fitz said:
LoneKiller said:

Yeah, in my dreams perhaps! When she winked at me, I just started grinning like a dummy. The smile and wink combo just completely threw me off balance. She was perfect, believe me I wish I could've asked her out or whatever, but I just couldn't do it! I'm a hopeless case!
Yeah, I guess. The fear of being rejected sucks. It can be very embarrassing to be turned down. Sometimes I don't think that women realize just how tough it can be for a guy to summon the courage to ask a woman out. It's awkward to say the least.

I'm not sure if it is a rare game, but I just bought a used copy of "Back To The Future: The Game" for $7.00. Haven't played it yet though. I thought that it might be rare because this is the first time I've ever seen it. I wasn't aware it even existed, let alone on the PS3.

Latest posts

Back