Official "Lonely Life Recent Game Happenings Thread"

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A shame to here Mafia 2's ending was disappointing. I thought that of the first game was pretty good.

Katerina said:
A shame to here Mafia 2's ending was disappointing. I thought that of the first game was pretty good.

I thought the ending suited the game perfectly. The game itself was a little lacking in content though.

So I bought Unreal 1+2 and Brütal Legend in a sudden shopping spurt...started with Unreal 1 yesterday. I think the last game from that age I'd played was Soldier of Fortune. Of course it's kinda outdated, but rather enjoyable so far. That's the kind of game where I'd actually get lost in some levels. I am too used to guiding markers and checkpoints...

I played through Among the Sleep. It's very short and has a slightly ambiguous storyline, but it was enjoyable enough.

****! I have lost my gaming instinct, haven't played anything for last 6-8 months or maybe a year I guess. Does anybody know how to get my addiction back?

ladyforsaken said:
HoodedMonk said:
Life is Strange is a really good video game. Jus' sayin'.

I like it too.

I paid for all 5 episodes ages ago, but I refuse to play it until they've all been released. Just in case it turns into a 'Kentucky Route Zero' or 'The Detail'.

Cavey said:
ladyforsaken said:
HoodedMonk said:

I like it too.

I paid for all 5 episodes ages ago, but I refuse to play it until they've all been released. Just in case it turns into a 'Kentucky Route Zero' or 'The Detail'.

That's wise. I lack that self-control. :p

ladyforsaken said:
Cavey said:
ladyforsaken said:
HoodedMonk said:

I like it too.

That's wise. I lack that self-control. :p

Well, I've been burnt in the past with episodic content. These days, I have plenty of self-control when it comes to playing games... if only I could stop buying them!

PenDragon said:
****! I have lost my gaming instinct, haven't played anything for last 6-8 months or maybe a year I guess. Does anybody know how to get my addiction back?

It comes and goes for me too to be honest. I guess you could look for a recent game that you like the sound of and give that a try. Depends a bit on what platforms you're using :)

Created too many Steam badges for purposes unknown. Let's hope that there is a summer event and then these 200 or so 'Mysterious Cards' will shoot up in value. I can then sell those and use the proceeds to purchase more games that I won't play...

Played through The Old City: Leviathan. It's a walking simulator very similar in feeling to something like Dear Esther - although there are notes and diary entries to find along the way. It was a pleasant way to spend 3 hours, but the prose is bordering on pretentious and the entire 'storyline' is left open to interpretation.

Just played through Castlevania: SOTN again, this time getting two Ring of Vardas. I was listening to SomeCallMeJohnny's LP of the game and he talked about how overpowered it was. Curious, I grinded those big skeletons with the Alucart equipment and got one. When I went to equip it, my reaction was like this:

avgn_gr4fx.gif.html

Equipping just one of these boost your attack by 30, and your defense by some ridiculous amount. If you had two Ring of Vardas, you could have an attack stat in the triple digits before entering into the Inverted Castle, if memory serves me right. Even though I've played the game several times, I never knew about this overpowered accessory! Now, combined with two Crissaegrims, you can defeat Dracula in less than 10 seconds at the end of the game!

As much as I love SOTN, the game sure could have used a hard mode for a better challenge.

I was part of the first team in the world to reach the 100,000,000 badge on the Steam Summer Monster Game. Do I win anything for this? No...

I enjoyed the camaraderie though.

So looks like there's going to be The Last of Us 2, according to Nolan North. Personally I'm stoked about it, really loved the first game. Hope the sequel is just as good, I'm thinking they might use new characters.

Dark Souls progress. Made it to the DLC after almost 30 hours - although I think I wandered off a few times with the game running and did some farming. Beat the Sanctuary Guardian and Artorius and then went back to the main game to get rid of the Bed of Chaos and remembered what a cheap and annoying boss that is. Ugh.

Buying 7 Days To Die was a good choice...it's still in development, but next to Unturned it's the best zombie-survival game I've played in a while. I think I'm gonna have a lot of fun with it.

Man there are some idiots who play MMO's, had one guy earlier who was bitching about a person not healing the group but no one was a healer. From what I saw we didn't have that power type in our group, two people left then new ones came in. The guy complained again after we wiped a few more times and even cursed saying the electric guy won't ******* heal. I watched when we tried again and no one was electric, the only electric thing that happened was me using one of my gadget abilities, but my role isn't a healer and I had my turret pet out so he should easily see I'm not a healer. So I asked what electric guy he was talking about.

Silence. He never uttered another word.

I was setting people on fire too, surprised he didn't ***** about the fire guy not tanking. I mean, come on seriously, so many people in these games ***** and know nothing. Just make themselves look like fools.

I would love FFXIV more if it didn't repeatedly force story content that I don't want down my throat.

Latest posts

Back