Official "Lonely Life Recent Game Happenings Thread"

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just completed playing Thomas Was Alone. It was given to me for awhile now and been meaning to play just never got around to it and when I finally did, I didn't wanna stop. So addictive, so well done, so fun and frustrating at the same time and very importantly too, amazing soundtrack. I am moved, hooked and satisfied with the game. I thought the storyline was quite nice and adorable too.

Final Fantasy XIV's gameplay is delightful, at least in the early stages so far. FATEs are events that pop up for all players to participate in and cooperate on. Tonight was my first time fighting a particularly nasty one in my current area.

And it looked so innocent at first.

"Oh, hey guys. Beating up a bunch of little demons? Ha! I can help with that."

"Oh, there's more over here? I guess I'll come with."

"Gee, there sure are a lot of these."

"honeysuckle! Is that a dragon?"

"Is it coming over here?!"

I recently started playing Assassin's Creed, took me long enough to get into it and been enjoying it so far. Haven't played much though, but so far, so good.

Mr Seal The Albatros said:
Playing through Five Nights at Freddy's. I will never look at animatronic bears the same way again.

Creepy game! I do not want to tarnish the image I have in my mind of bears or anything alike. :s

Tried out watchdogs. It's not too bad so far. Best part is turning all the traffic lights green and watching everyone else crash. >:)

Completed Manhunt 1&2 (yet again) this week. Maybe I ought to play some of the completely untouched games from my library now.

I've completed Assassin's Creed 1 and 2. I'm currently playing Brotherhood.... and I have to say it's a rather confusing one for me. I guess maybe cos there's just so many things on the map and so many things to do and it looks so overwhelming. I just have to know what I want to do first. But something is always distracting me on my way to my destination. :p
Which I suppose is a good thing for it to be so extensive like that but I preferred AC 2... it seemed more orderly and less mundane than AC 1. Anyway, I've yet to play much since I just started, so we'll see how Brotherhood goes.

ladyforsaken said:
I've completed Assassin's Creed 1 and 2. I'm currently playing Brotherhood.... and I have to say it's a rather confusing one for me. I guess maybe cos there's just so many things on the map and so many things to do and it looks so overwhelming. I just have to know what I want to do first. But something is always distracting me on my way to my destination. :p
Which I suppose is a good thing for it to be so extensive like that but I preferred AC 2... it seemed more orderly and less mundane than AC 1. Anyway, I've yet to play much since I just started, so we'll see how Brotherhood goes.

I told you they're going to get progressively worse ;) Make the most of Brotherhood, because you'll be on to Revelations next and that's where the fun ended for me...

The Wolf Among Us - Done. Replay in sight.
Murdered: Soul Suspect - Done.
Ghost Busters: The Video Game - In progress.
Silent Hill 2 - In progress.

1122 said:
ladyforsaken said:

I told you they're going to get progressively worse ;) Make the most of Brotherhood, because you'll be on to Revelations next and that's where the fun ended for me...

I'm already kinda dragging Brotherhood... I can tell I'm not as eager to play it as I was with AC 2. I hope I'll at least finish this... not for too long.. heh.

Rodent said:

I'm looking forward to playing Murdered: Soul Suspect soon. I just can't decide if I should just start it or finish with AC: Brotherhood first.. cos it might just distract me and I never get to finish Brotherhood properly. Then again, I could multi-task.

Decisions.. decisions....

ladyforsaken said:
1122 said:
ladyforsaken said:

I'm already kinda dragging Brotherhood... I can tell I'm not as eager to play it as I was with AC 2. I hope I'll at least finish this... not for too long.. heh.

I actually quite enjoyed Brotherhood despite it being almost a carbon copy of AC2, but the modern obsession with adding pointless collectibles and terrible mini-games in order to give the illusion of the game being longer than it actually is has got to stop.

Rodent said:
ladyforsaken said:

I'm looking forward to playing Murdered: Soul Suspect soon. I just can't decide if I should just start it or finish with AC: Brotherhood first.. cos it might just distract me and I never get to finish Brotherhood properly. Then again, I could multi-task.

Decisions.. decisions....

It sounds a much better game than it actually is. I was hyped for it, but the storyline is hackneyed and overly-melodramatic and it's tied to some incredibly mediocre stealth sections. If there is a plus side, it's that it's also incredibly short, so you're not going to lose anything much by playing it.

I'm a harbinger of doom where your gaming desires are concerned, huh?

Rosebolt said:
I just completed The Witcher 3.

What are your thoughts on it? I'm a few hours into Velen. So far it's impressive, yet bleak and alien feeling. Probably to do with the Polish/Baltic themes and setting. Definitely not you're typical high fantasy.

How does this rate, say against a Bioware title like Dragon Age Inquisition?

Started playing Dark Souls. I have absolutely no idea what on earth I am doing and the game lags like crazy. Halp.

Rodent said:

Silent Hill! Ooh! That's a good one. One of my favorite stories in a video game.

ardour said:
What are your thoughts on it? I'm a few hours into Velen. So far it's impressive, yet bleak and alien feeling. Probably to do with the Polish/Baltic themes and setting. Definitely not you're typical high fantasy.

How does this rate, say against a Bioware title like Dragon Age Inquisition?

I don't know, i have not played Dragon Age Inquisition. I personally really loved the game, i've completed it once in about 80 - 90 hours. I'm personally drawn to the story rich aspect of it, i like being moved.

I like Velen, though it's not my favourite region. It reeks of death everywhere, there's an eerie tone surrounding it. It has a side quest that is really really good, you'll know it when you completed it.

I personally liked Ard Skellig the most as a region. Anyway, moving on, i felt there's generally a mix between Baltic, Polish, Celtic, and Nordic themes. Nordic particularly on Ard Skellig.

Rosebolt said:
I don't know, i have not played Dragon Age Inquisition. I personally really loved the game, i've completed it once in about 80 - 90 hours. I'm personally drawn to the story rich aspect of it, i like being moved.

I like Velen, though it's not my favourite region. It reeks of death everywhere, there's an eerie tone surrounding it. It has a side quest that is really really good, you'll know it when you completed it.

I personally liked Ard Skellig the most as a region. Anyway, moving on, i felt there's generally a mix between Baltic, Polish, Celtic, and Nordic themes. Nordic particularly on Ard Skellig.

Okay thanks, will give it some more time. DAI seem to play too much like a MMORPG.

I found an 8 ball pool game from miniclip that works on iOS 6, so I've been playing that lately. Have also recently bought Minecraft for PC but haven't played it too much lately.

Latest posts

Back