Official "Lonely Life Recent Game Happenings Thread"

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tealeaf said:
I think I saw that in the tags and decided to go for it, considering that it was under a buck and I'd heard it mentioned on another forum. Arcade = platformer?

Platformers are a type of arcade game yeah. To me an arcade game is anything with a very simplistic goal, simple graphics and gameplay. So I'd consider The Binding of Isaac to be an Arcade type game. Don't Starve is more of a Indie-Survival game. Still a super fun time burner though, plus it's cheap.

Currently playing a game called Blood Bowl. It's basically football chess with demons, a chance to accidentally kill (or eat) the other team's members, and where combat isn't just a part of the game, it's ENCOURAGED.

Mr Seal The Albatros said:
Currently playing a game called Blood Bowl. It's basically football chess with demons, a chance to accidentally kill (or eat) the other team's members, and where combat isn't just a part of the game, it's ENCOURAGED.

I played the tabletop version for many years. It's been out of print for a long time now, but there are still people out there who play it and paint those lovely 'lead' figures. I think they're made out of pewter or something similar now, but back in the 80s we didn't give a honeysuckle about our kids driving themselves insane through chewing on such things.

Tealeaf said:
I-is my projectile in The Binding of Isaac tears?! That's brutal.

Baby tears are a potent weapon.

---------------------------------------
I'm currently trying to escape the terrain constraints in Dragon Age Inquisition. Damned teleporter not letting me explore/break the game properly.

Just started replaying Tomb Raider 1 as i bought a bunch of games on steam in the sale, still seems as enjoyable as i remember it. I still have the original boxed version but i also got he later games on steam that i have never played so figured i would play through the lot.

I am also slowly trying to play though all the games i have got over the years but never actually started playing them :).

I am currently admiring the picture for the game I am Bread. It's a single slice of bread posing majestically on a counter-top.

Not sure if amazing or stupid.

Playing this cool fighting game called MUGEN. You download the fighters and stages, and they can be from anything like (usually) anime or internet memes.

Fest said:
I am currently admiring the picture for the game I am Bread. It's a single slice of bread posing majestically on a counter-top.

I... what?!?

Fest said:

I just got a Steam key for a game called Surgeon Simulator. It was made by the same developer as the Bread game, and looks equally as dumb. You can do things like operate on Team Fortress 2 characters and replace their heart with a sandwich.

I guess if nothing else, I now know what happens to TF2 characters post-game, lol.

I'll probably give it away, like I do with most weird Steam games.

Playing a roguelike called Prospector. I have so far lost characters to being killed pirates, once by a leaf, twice to giant worms, an "anomaly" that vaporized the ship, and forgot to refuel the ship one time.

Tealeaf said:
Finally beat Mom in Isaac.

****, that was a beautiful run. So much HP and damage.

Congratulations... only 5 more bosses and managing to do an entire run without being hit to go.

Save those tears you're currently crying for extra damage in the future... :p

user 130057 said:
Tealeaf said:

Congratulations... only 5 more bosses and managing to do an entire run without being hit to go.

5 MORE?!?!? I thought Mom was the last one.

user 130057 said:
Tealeaf said:

Nah. Mom is just the beginning. Spoilers below...

You beat Mom to unlock the womb and Mom's Heart.
You beat Mom's Heart 6 times to turn on 'Everything Is Terrible!' that makes the game harder.
You beat Mom's Heart another 3 times to replace Mom's Heart with It Lives!
You beat It lives to unlock Sheol and The Cathedral
You beat Satan at the end of Sheol 6 times to unlock the Negative
You beat Isaac at the end of The Cathedral 6 times to unlock the Polaroid
You take the negative and kill Satan to unlock The Dark Room
You take the Polaroid and kill Isaac to unlock The Chest
You then kill The Lamb at the end of The Dark Room
Or you kill Blue Baby at the end of The Chest.
Once you've beaten those, you unlock the Angels. You then destroy 2 angel statues inside 2 angel rooms and kill the angels that appear. Each of those gives you half of a key. You take that key to The Chest or The Dark Room and use it to open a giant golden door behind which is the final extra boss: Mega Satan.

Then you have the fun of unlocking The Lost. He has zero health, so you have to do all the stuff I listed above... without getting hit once.

user 130057 said:
user 130057 said:
Tealeaf said:

Nah. Mom is just the beginning. Spoilers below...

You beat Mom to unlock the womb and Mom's Heart.
You beat Mom's Heart 6 times to turn on 'Everything Is Terrible!' that makes the game harder.
You beat Mom's Heart another 3 times to replace Mom's Heart with It Lives!
You beat It lives to unlock Sheol and The Cathedral
You beat Satan at the end of Sheol 6 times to unlock the Negative
You beat Isaac at the end of The Cathedral 6 times to unlock the Polaroid
You take the negative and kill Satan to unlock The Dark Room
You take the Polaroid and kill Isaac to unlock The Chest
You then kill The Lamb at the end of The Dark Room
Or you kill Blue Baby at the end of The Chest.
Once you've beaten those, you unlock the Angels. You then destroy 2 angel statues inside 2 angel rooms and kill the angels that appear. Each of those gives you half of a key. You take that key to The Chest or The Dark Room and use it to open a giant golden door behind which is the final extra boss: Mega Satan.

Then you have the fun of unlocking The Lost. He has zero health, so you have to do all the stuff I listed above... without getting hit once.

th

****, and here I just purchased Wrath of the Lamb. I guess my roguelike journey isn't done yet.

I'm here to shoot monsters and eat Chinese food... and I'll shoot them right after I've finished this bowl of sesame chicken.

Latest posts

Back