Official "Lonely Life Recent Game Happenings Thread"

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting back into Dwarf Fortress, the only game where I can honestly say I'm building a city in the sky while performing experiments to turn dogs into alcohol.

Playing F.E.A.R. again. I saw the platinum edition on sale today and simply couldn't resist.

Rodent said:
Playing F.E.A.R. again. I saw the platinum edition on sale today and simply couldn't resist.

For some reason running up to and bicycle-kicking dudes was my favourite bit of that game :D

Katerina said:
Rodent said:

For some reason running up to and bicycle-kicking dudes was my favourite bit of that game :D

I'll make sure to abuse that skill at every opportunity. Well, as far as hard difficulty allows it at least. :p

Don't have access to my gaming rig and all I have right now is a laptop running Linux.

So the last two games I've played and finished where Hotline Miami 2 (almost finished the first one but got bored after the first few missions) and Legend of Grimrock. Games are really helpful sometimes to alleviate loneliness.

Anyway, both are very good, though I wish they would port Legend of Grimrock 2 to Linux (which is not going to happen). Hotline Miami 2 is very gory, if anyone is curious and wants to look into it, since it's a rather quick game about murdering everyone. It's almost a bit like a puzzle game in that respect and very fun. Very well done.

If anyone else games on Linux from time to time maybe they can recommend some games that don't require a powerful machine (this laptop has a monster of a CPU but a very weak video card).

I'd love to finally play Cities: Skylines but I'm pretty sure it won't run. Still, if anyone wants to play a recent game that is like Sim City but better because newer than Sim City 4 and not as disappointing as Sim City 5 this is your game. :D

I'm interested in Skylines, but my rig isn't quite there. The streams I've watched of it look nice.

I've started Final Fantasy Type-0, and it's ok so far.

Okay so I'm playing DCUO today and another player asked for help to take down a boss. I helped them out and after they thanked me they asked me to help support their business and gave me the links to their website, facebook, and go fund me page. WTF!?! Seriously, soliciting and promoting their business on a MMO game? Doesn't pay to help anyone these days, all seem to have an anterior motive.

It's some kids site based on a persons cartoon puppy and his friends with downloadable content.

My love of weird indie games continues...

Today, I purchased Hotline Miami 2, Life of Pixels and Please Don't Touch Anything. I have only played Please Don't Touch Anything so far - it is one of the weirdest games I have ever played. Everything takes place on a single screen and all you have is a TV screen and a big red button. There are some very cryptic instructions and you have to work out how everything works and how to move forward.

I'm playing Road Not Taken, Vertical Drop Heroes, The Nightmare Cooperative and A Wizard's Lizard. I suck at Rogue-likes, but they're awesome.

Sci-Fi said:
Okay so I'm playing DCUO today and another player asked for help to take down a boss. I helped them out and after they thanked me they asked me to help support their business and gave me the links to their website, facebook, and go fund me page. WTF!?! Seriously, soliciting and promoting their business on a MMO game? Doesn't pay to help anyone these days, all seem to have an anterior motive.

That sucks. Gaming communities are already filled with annoying people. Soliciting just makes it worse. I had something similar happen while I was playing Torchlight 2 a few days ago. The guy was spamming his Steam Greenlight page. =/

SeaBee said:
Playing Pillars of Eternity and waiting anxiously for GTA V for PC.

Ah yeah, PoE looks nice.

Bet GTAV will be too, but one go around on the console was all I needed for that.

Gonna start Lost Odyssey soon to continue my current JRPG binge I've been on. :D

Just starting my second Nuzlocke challenge on Pokemon leaf green. Hoping that I can keep the team alive long enough to get through to the end this time!

Well I finally went back to Dark Souls with the intention on working my way towards the DLC.. and broke my controller..

Sounds like I raged and quit right? I swear I didn't :D

I've been having controller input problems with my dualshock 3 for a couple of months which were growing worse and worse. For example I just moved the left analogue stick to move my character around and not only was it really laggy but all the dpad items changed and it triggered the L1 and L2 shoulder buttons. So not good.. in fact it makes a game like Dark Souls very difficult to progress through. So I thought I'd try and repair my controller.

Didn't work :p

In fact part of the contact sheets for the shoulder buttons was pulled out .i'm not sure if I somehow dislodged it or whether it was part of the problems I've been having. Either way I can't put it back so I definitely need a new one now. :D

I finished Hotline Miami 2 - It's not a patch on the original and has some peculiar design choices, but I still don't regret the purchase.

I'm most of the way through Life of Pixel - It's an enjoyable romp for anyone who lived through the inception of home computing.

Waking Mars: Space gardening with that guy from Transcendence causing massive environmental changes.

HURL IT WITH YOUR HUMAN ARMS!

Oh no I killed one (;A; )

I played through The Cat Lady; the feel good game of the decade! If you remove the supernatural stuff it could be renamed ALL: The Video Game.

Currently playing "Season Mode" in NBA 2k10 with the New York Knicks. I am battling for a spot in the playoffs with less than 10 games left in the regular season. I will post an update (if I remember) once the season is over. If all goes well, I will have won a championship, but it certainly won't be easy, but it is possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Lol, I love my NBA 2k10.

(I'll have to google this "Cat Lady" game, Cavey. Sounds intriguing...)

Latest posts

Back