OMG! WTF are our kids watching these days!!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yukhi said:
Wow I miss Pinky and the Brain T_T Ben 10 is like one of the very few cartoons I find okay. I don't watch cartoons anymore though. Only my brothers do. But other shows like Chowder and Flapjack just make me wanna bang my head on the wall.

But generally asides from that, I think the shows being catered to adults especially teens are more of an issue for me.

Yes, agree agree!!!!! lol

But I'm not too old to watch cartoons, just wish it was like the old days, not this garbage.

I loved Dexters Laboratory!!!!!

I say this as someone not interested in having children, but here's what I think would be ideal:

Let the kids watch whatever they want, as far as you can be there watching everything with them. Then, you can ask the kids questions to see what they got out of it, if they are understanding real life vs. fantasy, discuss any subtext or moral lessons that can be gleaned, shoot down any morally objectionable issues that might have come up, etc.

IMO, this is better than condemning TV entirely. This is a good opportunity to raise kids that will become more media-savvy adults that will be conscious of the context of the movies, TV, etc. that they're watching. Also, an analytical mind will help them in school!

I liked/like:

SwatKatz
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Dragon Ball Z
Foster's Home for Imaginary friends
Jenny the Teenage Robot
Catdog
Spongebob
Fairly Oddparents
Danny Ghost (I might be slightly off with the name)
Batman Cartoons
Tiny Toons
Loony Toons
Making Fiends
My Gym Partner's A Monkey

:)

I don't watch any new ones anymore. If I see an old cartoon I used to watch Ill watch it but I change the channel if its a new cartoon I'm not familiar with.

Oh I also liked Rugrats and The Wild Thornberries.

I actually think TV was worse back in the late 80s early 90s when I was a little kid. I really didnt have control over what my mom watched and I remember being like 6 watching Married With Children and George Carlin standup. Back then the cartoons were just as violent as they are now, its just that people didnt think it was as big of a deal back then. **** you Tipper Gore !!!

Now that I think about it, eris, you're right.

Look at the Roadrunner and how homicidal that coyote was. Or at Pepe le Pew and how much of a rapist he was. I know I've mentioned that on this site before, but... it STILL amazes me how evil Pepe is. That cat must've threatened to KILL ITSELF like 100 times, just to get away from Pepe's unrequited advances... and STILL he pursued her.

What a creep.

TV cartoons were just as bad back in the old days. :p

Cartoons were violent, but they weren't STUPID. Well, some were. But I mean, today, a lot of cartoons are just dumb. I often feel like I lose IQ points just watching their commercials.

Latest posts

Back