One thing that really/royally pisses me off...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The_Iblis_Trigger said:
Tex Is Lost said:
The_Iblis_Trigger said:
Finally, SOMEONE who understands what I have been trying to get across! Thank you so much! I have an idea for you though: The next time someone tells you something like that who is dating or married, ask them this:

"If I'm such a good man and date worthy, woud you leave your partner to be with me?"

Ask them that and see how quickly they shut up. Do this if you're really sick and tired of hearing it. I know that sounds like something a total jerk would say, but when someone pushes you, you've got to push back.

Alternately, when someone in a relationship tells you that being single is so wonderful then tell them this:

"If being single is so wonderful, then why don't you leave your partner and come over and join me in my mansion-palace of good fortune."

I hope that would cause them to balk and think about what they're saying.

Also, when you say that what these people in relationships say things like that isn't heartfelt and is said only to try to make you feel better, I understand that their intentions are good (most of the time, anyway), but as the old saying goes, "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."

What is it that you want to hear from people? From those in relationsihps?
Do you talk to them about how you are feeling and get these responses?

Adrolak said:
No, all Iblis is trying to say is he doesn't want to talk about relationships with people who are in them, all it does is bring the pain back, he's not crying out for attention or wanting it to be about him, it's just he doesn't want to talk about that!

You're right, about that sir. Thanks for the back up, but I'm sure he wasn't attacking me.

Tex Is Lost said:
The_Iblis_Trigger said:
Finally, SOMEONE who understands what I have been trying to get across! Thank you so much! I have an idea for you though: The next time someone tells you something like that who is dating or married, ask them this:

"If I'm such a good man and date worthy, woud you leave your partner to be with me?"

Ask them that and see how quickly they shut up. Do this if you're really sick and tired of hearing it. I know that sounds like something a total jerk would say, but when someone pushes you, you've got to push back.

Alternately, when someone in a relationship tells you that being single is so wonderful then tell them this:

"If being single is so wonderful, then why don't you leave your partner and come over and join me in my mansion-palace of good fortune."

Also, when you say that what these people in relationships say things like that isn't heartfelt and is said only to try to make you feel better, I understand that their intentions are good (most of the time, anyway), but as the old saying goes, "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."

No, I do not really talk to them about my feelings. I have only told like 2 people this. That's all. I am not trying to be a jerk here, but if I feel like I'm getting attacked, I will naturally be defensive. If they (from those in relationships) want to say anything at all, they should say something neutral like "Oh, I'm sorry that you're going through that" and nothing more, so they do not sound like they're patronizing me.

So YOU are allowed to speak what's on your mind, but other's aren't?
That is EXACTLY what you said here. Double standards tend to bite you in the ass.

The key is everything in moderation-try that and see if that works for ya. Regards...

Sir you are a contradiction in terms. Please stop making yourself out a
Martyr.
Def: a great or constant sufferer
Webster's Dictionary pg. 317

queenwindbaby said:
Martyr.

I just would like people to bease their encouragements on something solid, not blind hope/blind optimism

Callie said:
The_Iblis_Trigger said:
Tex Is Lost said:
The_Iblis_Trigger said:

Adrolak said:
No, all Iblis is trying to say is he doesn't want to talk about relationships with people who are in them, all it does is bring the pain back, he's not crying out for attention or wanting it to be about him, it's just he doesn't want to talk about that!

You're right, about that sir. Thanks for the back up, but I'm sure he wasn't attacking me.

Tex Is Lost said:
The_Iblis_Trigger said:

No, I do not really talk to them about my feelings. I have only told like 2 people this. That's all. I am not trying to be a jerk here, but if I feel like I'm getting attacked, I will naturally be defensive. If they (from those in relationships) want to say anything at all, they should say something neutral like "Oh, I'm sorry that you're going through that" and nothing more, so they do not sound like they're patronizing me.

That is EXACTLY what you said here. Double standards tend to bite you in the ass.

No I did not say that. Let me clarify what I was trying to say:

Yes, others can speak their minds to me, but if I do not agree with what they say, I will not hesitate to say so.

The_Iblis_Trigger said:
queenwindbaby said:
Martyr.

I just would like people to bease their encouragements on something solid, not blind hope/blind optimism

Callie said:
The_Iblis_Trigger said:
Tex Is Lost said:
The_Iblis_Trigger said:

Adrolak said:

Tex Is Lost said:
The_Iblis_Trigger said:

No I did not say that. Let me clarify what I was trying to say:

Yes, others can speak their minds to me, but if I do not agree with what they say, I will not hesitate to say so.

which one of the half dozen people in your quote are you responding to?

Latest posts

Back