One thing that really/royally pisses me off...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ThatOneDude said:
The_Iblis_Trigger said:
Sci-Fi said:
Sounds like you've calmed a lot since your first post. Who cares where the compliments come from, if you keep acting like that soon even they won't compliment you. One of those involved women just might have a friend that she might talk to about you, and repeat those compliments they've given you. But if you act like a jerk about it because you are sick of it then they will stop and those nice things will turn into negative things. Keep being the nice guy, it might be a struggle but so is life. And those compliments you are getting are completely unbiased, those women aren't looking for anything, they are heart felt honest compliments. Being a fire spitting dragon is no way to live your life either, women would rather cuddle up to a furry little bunny than a fire spitting dragon.

Take a few steps back and really look at yourself, not what you want from life or whats going on in your life, at YOU. Do you like the person you are? If not then change what you don't like, be what you want to be and what you want people to remember you as. The guy that used to be a nice guy then became a jerk or the nice guy who went through crap and remained that nice guy.

I understand what you're saying, but look at it this way: who do you think is more likely to be taken advantage of? A bunny or a dragon? A dragon will eat a bunny.

The way I feel is this: I don't care if women think I'm Lucifer (Satan)
incarnate... As long as the bad ones know that I'm not one to be messed with, then I'm doing a good job. At least "the nice guy who became a jerk" is less likely to get walked over than the nice guy who remains nice even after getting walked on. Maybe not every woman thinks a nice guy is weak, but all it takes is just ONE that thinks that way to mess it up. Also, I would rather be openly ridiculed than shown false/mock kindness.

I hate to say it but you have a really poor attitude. Everybody has bad experiences but you have to get past stuff. Being strong is not synonymous with being an ass. Being nice to people is not weak. You can stand up for yourself without being a dick. I hope things get easier for you but if you keep that kinda honeysuckle up you're gonna be alone forever.

Wow, I didn't know that being as realistic about my situation as possible is synonomous with "having a poor attitude". However, if me being realistic about my situation means the rest of the world sees me as "having a poor attitude", then so be it-- not everyone can/will want to see the world through rose colored glasses. No, being nice doesn't mean being weak, but you obviously do no know that there are people out there who do take kindness for weakness. No disrespect intended, but you do sound like one of those people who sees life/the world through rose-colored glasses.

The_Iblis_Trigger said:
Wow, I didn't know that being as realistic about my situation as possible is synonomous with "having a poor attitude". However, if me being realistic about my situation means the rest of the world sees me as "having a poor attitude", then so be it-- not everyone can/will want to see the world through rose colored glasses. No, being nice doesn't mean being weak, but you obviously do no know that there are people out there who do take kindness for weakness. No disrespect intended, but you do sound like one of those people who sees life/the world through rose-colored glasses.

Let me get this straight. If, in spite of disappointments and tragedies in life, you attempt to maintain a positive attitude about things, you are actually seeing the world through "rose colored" glasses?

The_Iblis_Trigger said:

You are blaming everyone else in the world for your problems. You can say whatever you want about how people treat you, but honestly, if you are like the way you post in here, then you most likely bring it on yourself. No one can make you feel like anything unless YOU let them make you feel that way.
Every person sees the world in a different way, those who see the world in "rose-colored glasses" CHOOSE to see the world that way. They CHOOSE to not let the bad honeysuckle bother them.

Callie said:
The_Iblis_Trigger said:

You are blaming everyone else in the world for your problems. You can say whatever you want about how people treat you, but honestly, if you are like the way you post in here, then you most likely bring it on yourself. No one can make you feel like anything unless YOU let them make you feel that way.
Every person sees the world in a different way, those who see the world in "rose-colored glasses" CHOOSE to see the world that way. They CHOOSE to not let the bad honeysuckle bother them.

If something bothers me, I will be honest with myself and show it. Say what you want about me, sirs and misses, but at least I have the raw self-honesty, self-respect and personal honor to at least say that "this looks like honeysuckle and smells like honeysuckle, so it is honeysuckle", not like people (This time, I will not try to point fingers at anyone) who pretend that everything is alright, even as the world goes to hell around them(figuratively speaking). Correct me if I am wrong, but it has been proven that people who pretend to be happy tend to wear themselves down quicker than those who are miserable all the time (like me). Say what you want to about me, but at least I have the balls to call it like I see it and not pretend that everything is all wonderful. I do not like my situation, but I will not pretend it is anything other than what it is-- pretending is for children. Once more, I speak my mind. I do not intend to offend anyone, so If I have offended anyone here, I truly apologize. I do respect your points of view, but all I am doing is just saying why I might disagree.

Please forgive me... :(

The_Iblis_Trigger said:
Callie said:
The_Iblis_Trigger said:

If something bothers me, I will be honest with myself and show it. Say what you want about me, sirs and misses, but at least I have the raw self-honesty, self-respect and personal honor to at least say that "this looks like honeysuckle and smells like honeysuckle, so it is honeysuckle", not like people (This time, I will not try to point fingers at anyone) who pretend that everything is alright, even as the world goes to hell around them(figuratively speaking). Correct me if I am wrong, but it has been proven that people who pretend to be happy tend to wear themselves down quicker than those who are miserable all the time (like me). Say what you want to about me, but at least I have the balls to call it like I see it and not pretend that everything is all wonderful. I do not like my situation, but I will not pretend it is anything other than what it is-- pretending is for children. Once more, I speak my mind. I do not intend to offend anyone, so If I have offended anyone here, I truly apologize. I do respect your points of view, but all I am doing is just saying why I might disagree.

I can't speak for everyone, but you have not offended me in the least. We disagree about something, so what? I love a good debate. If it gets heated...well, that sometimes make it more fun. lol

As far as to what else you said, there in lies the problem...you call it like YOU see it. That doesn't mean that that is the way it IS, just that you see it the way you want to see it. I've lived with an alcoholic for a lot of years, I know how that works. (not saying you're an alcoholic, just that I know how people see things the way they want to see them.)

Honestly, why would you expect people to compliment you or see you as date worthy with such an attitude? That's what the original post was about, right? If you've managed to alienate a group of people whom you have something in common with on a forum (loneliness) how would you expect to attract women whom you don't know with that same attitude. Stop blaming others and take some responsibility over your situation, and you may just see things improve

halfemptyheart26 said:
Honestly, why would you expect people to compliment you or see you as date worthy with such an attitude? That's what the original post was about, right? If you've managed to alienate a group of people whom you have something in common with on a forum (loneliness) how would you expect to attract women whom you don't know with that same attitude. Stop blaming others and take some responsibility over your situation, and you may just see things improve

Did you not read my last post? If not, please read it and get back to me. I did say that, while I respect everyone's opinions, I will speak my mind on why I may (dis)agree with what is said.

[/size]
Callie said:
The_Iblis_Trigger said:
Callie said:
The_Iblis_Trigger said:

I can't speak for everyone, but you have not offended me in the least. We disagree about something, so what? I love a good debate. If it gets heated...well, that sometimes make it more fun. lol

As far as to what else you said, there in lies the problem...you call it like YOU see it. That doesn't mean that that is the way it IS, just that you see it the way you want to see it. I've lived with an alcoholic for a lot of years, I know how that works. (not saying you're an alcoholic, just that I know how people see things the way they want to see them.)

I do agree with you...

And I am willing to admit that I may be wrong in my assessment of things...

However, to me, if it looks like a rooster and crows like a rooster, then it sure as heck is not a peacock... :) That's all I'm trying to say.

The_Iblis_Trigger said:
I do agree with you...

And I am willing to admit that I may be wrong in my assessment of things...

However, to me, if it looks like a rooster and crows like a rooster, then it sure as heck is not a peacock... :) That's all I'm trying to say.

Okay, first, there's no need for the huge ass font.

Second, you SAY you are willing to admit that, but judging by your previous posts, you are not.

Let's revisit the original post>>>>>
The_Iblis_Trigger said:
As lonely as I am, it seems like the only people that think I'm worthy tdo date and love or always have good stuff to say about me are either:

1) Married

2) Dating

3) In a relationship

OR

4) Otherwise would not be interested in me.
Iblis, what is your proof of #4?

The_Iblis_Trigger said:
That pisses me off so bad that I want to cuss these people out or at least find some way to shut them up once and for all about that! When they say that, it basically means less than nothing to me (it has less than zero positive effect on me), because I'm pretty sure that they say the same things to their partners.

What do you want them to say to you? "Gosh, I wish I had met you first"

The_Iblis_Trigger said:
Sometime, yes, I do feel like fying because of this, but then again, I guess that life/God/whatever it is out there has a really messed up/warped/twisted (excuse my french) sense of humour... Why should good people (like me) have to suffer like this when the bad guys get all the good stuff (i.e. "the bad guys get all the play, while the good guys get played")

What is your definition of "good stuff" and "suffering"?

The_Iblis_Trigger said:
And please, please, PLEASE do NOT tell me that you all "care" about me! I ask you all of this for a couple of reasons:

1) None of you know me
2) (females only) I bet none of you could be paid enough to give me a chance, meaning that I wouldn't have a chance with even the worst off of you on here...

1.You're right, none of us know you....but some of us have had similar circumstance.
2.You have a self defeating attitude..."....I wouldn't have a chance with even the WORST OFF of you"
the worst off comes off a little rude as well

The_Iblis_Trigger said:
I am not trying to be rude; I am just tired of hearing hollow platitudes and empty words that ultimately mean less than nothing to me...

Again...you may not be trying, but it is coming off rude.
From what I gather, you want people to agree with what you have to say, and not make any comment contrary to your stated opinion and feeling. Is this what you need for validation? Unquestioned acceptance of your ideas and opinions?
Life does not work that way.

Other things you have posted, such as the whole "rose colored glasses" thing show me that you really do not have any value for anyone elses experience or thoughts, because they do not mesh with yours.

Tex Is Lost said:
The_Iblis_Trigger said:
As lonely as I am, it seems like the only people that think I'm worthy to date and love or always have good stuff to say about me are either:

1) Married

2) Dating

3) In a relationship

OR

The_Iblis_Trigger said:
That pisses me off so bad that I want to cuss these people out or at least find some way to shut them up once and for all about that! When they say that, it basically means less than nothing to me (it has less than zero positive effect on me), because I'm pretty sure that they say the same things to their partners.

What do you want them to say to you? "Gosh, I wish I had met you first"

The_Iblis_Trigger said:
Sometime, yes, I do feel like dying because of this, but then again, I guess that life/God/whatever it is out there has a really messed up/warped/twisted (excuse my french) sense of humour... Why should good people (like me) have to suffer like this when the bad guys get all the good stuff (i.e. "the bad guys get all the play, while the good guys get played")

What is your definition of "good stuff" and "suffering"?

The_Iblis_Trigger said:
And please, please, PLEASE do NOT tell me that you all "care" about me! I ask you all of this for a couple of reasons:

1) None of you know me
2) (females only) I bet none of you could be paid enough to give me a chance, meaning that I wouldn't have a chance with even the worst off of you on here...

1.You're right, none of us know you....but some of us have had similar circumstance.
2.You have a self defeating attitude..."....I wouldn't have a chance with even the WORST OFF of you"
the worst off comes off a little rude as well

The_Iblis_Trigger said:
I am not trying to be rude; I am just tired of hearing hollow platitudes and empty words that ultimately mean less than nothing to me...

From what I gather, you want people to agree with what you have to say, and not make any comment contrary to your stated opinion and feeling. Is this what you need for validation? Unquestioned acceptance of your ideas and opinions?

Other things you have posted, such as the whole "rose colored glasses" thing show me that you really do not have any value for anyone elses experience or thoughts, because they do not mesh with yours.

Maybe you're right, but if I may say some stuff:

1) In response to your question:What do you want them to say to you? "Gosh, I wish I had met you first"
I would rather these married/dating/ women not say anything to me at all because when they say things like that, it really makes me feel worse because it just brings my situation even more to the forefront than it already is...

2) In response to another one of your questions
Tex Is Lost said:
The_Iblis_Trigger said:
As lonely as I am, it seems like the only people that think I'm worthy to date and love or always have good stuff to say about me are either:

1) Married

2) Dating

3) In a relationship

OR

The proof is in the fact that NOT ONE available female that would be the microscopically interested in me has ever come up to me and said that.

3) In response to another one of your questions
The_Iblis_Trigger said:
Sometime, yes, I do feel like dying because of this, but then again, I guess that life/God/whatever it is out there has a really messed up/warped/twisted (excuse my french) sense of humour... Why should good people (like me) have to suffer like this when the bad guys get all the good stuff (i.e. "the bad guys get all the play, while the good guys get played")

What is your definition of "good stuff" and "suffering"? What I meant by that is the fact that the jerks and the woman-beaters seem to get all of the women, while us good guys are just left in the dust, and by my "suffering" I was referring to my lonliness.

4) And finally, in response to your statement
The_Iblis_Trigger said:

Just because I speak my mind and say that I disagree with what someone says does NOT mean that I do NOT value their opinion. You assume that just because I don't blindly agree with everyone's words, that means I don't respect them. I do respect everyone's opinions, but that does not mean I will not speak my mind on why I may disagree with something. To me, it seems that when you say something like "I don't value someone's opinion because I have the nerve to disagree with them", you're basically doing the very same thing that you're accusing me of. I do not expect anyone here to agree with any and/or every thing I say. Just like you may not expect me to agree with what you say... I actually welcome different opinions. However, if I do not agree, I will not hesitate to say so and why I disagree. But just because I disagree does not mean that I do not value.

So please think about what I just said. I really don't want anyone to dislike me because I am a good person at heart, but I will not hesitate to speak my mind.

So people who are in a relationship may not talk to you AT ALL? Sorry, that's the way I read that, please correct me if I'm mistaken.

And might I say that for claiming to be such a "good guy" at heart, you sure are an ass in here. Not being a ***** here, but it's what I am seeing.

Callie said:
So people who are in a relationship may not talk to you AT ALL? Sorry, that's the way I read that, please correct me if I'm mistaken.

And might I say that for claiming to be such a "good guy" at heart, you sure are an ass in here. Not being a ***** here, but it's what I am seeing.

All I'm just doing is speaking my mind. I am truly sorry that you think I'm being an "ass", but I'm to the point now that I am going to say what's on my mind, and if you don't like it, fine. Just don't make me look like a bad guy because I dare to say what's on my mind and how I am feeling.

Also, with all due respect, if I really wanted to be an "ass", I would say EXACTLY what's on my mind and how I'm REALLY feeling--raw, uncut, 100% Kameron K. Brown. In short, I'm holding back because I am a good guy and I respect everyone's opinions, even if I don't agree with them, so think about what I'm saying here the next time you say I'm acting like an "ass".

Keep that in mind...

And as for the first line in your comment, all that I am trying to say is that I would PREFER that they not talk to me at all because it just makes me feel worse-- all the good stuff that they say to me, they say to their partners.

Sorry, but there's no need for ME to make you look like a bad guy. You're doing fine on your own on that count.

With all due respect, do you think words scare me? Do you really think I'm gonna back down because you go all pyscho and say what's REALLY on your mind? No, I don't back down from anything, never have, never will.

And by the way...you're not the only one who calls it like they see it.

I think what Iblis is trying to say is that he doesn't approve of when people in relationships try and sugarcoat it, try to make it better, and sooth, coo, and have sympathy, it get's REALLY patronizing after a while. Along with that, most of the time what they're saying isn't heartfelt, it's just being said to try and make it feel better, in which case all they're doing is bringing what's bothering you closer to the front of your mind, and making you think and dwell about it even more. I know how you feel because this is exactly what happens with me, I have friends and family, but everywhere I look I see happy couples, my friends with their dates, being told that they're sure somebody will date me. All when I know it's not true, it's almost like rubbing it in my face, so I know what your trying to get across here Iblis. The thing is I've learned to let it not bother me, something that lately hasn't been working.. :(

The_Iblis_Trigger said:
Callie said:

All I'm just doing is speaking my mind. I am truly sorry that you think I'm being an "ass", but I'm to the point now that I am going to say what's on my mind, and if you don't like it, fine. Just don't make me look like a bad guy because I dare to say what's on my mind and how I am feeling.

Also, with all due respect, if I really wanted to be an "ass", I would say EXACTLY what's on my mind and how I'm REALLY feeling--raw, uncut, 100% Kameron K. Brown. In short, I'm holding back because I am a good guy and I respect everyone's opinions, even if I don't agree with them, so think about what I'm saying here the next time you say I'm acting like an "ass".

Keep that in mind...

And as for the first line in your comment, all that I am trying to say is that I would PREFER that they not talk to me at all because it just makes me feel worse-- all the good stuff that they say to me, they say to their partners.

Ok, it's really not hard to see why people don't like you. I used to be a lot like you, blaming the world for my problems and honeysuckle. First off, I do not look at the world through rose-colored glasses. The world is not a nice place. There are a lot of mean people in it. There are lots of people who will make you feel awful just because you're there or for an other stupid reason, but not everyone's like that. And one day I stopped looking at the world and everyone around me and started looking at myself through all the excuses and realized that I wasn't as nice and innocent as I thought I was. I started thinking that, you know, maybe I needed to change myself for the better instead of whining and waiting for the world to throw happiness in my lap because "I'm such a nice guy." And yes, seeing people around you in relationships and happy when you're alone and hearing "You're a nice guy, but..." over and over blows, BUT THAT'S LIFE.

Callie said:
Sorry, but there's no need for ME to make you look like a bad guy. You're doing fine on your own on that count.

With all due respect, do you think words scare me? Do you really think I'm gonna back down because you go all pyscho and say what's REALLY on your mind? No, I don't back down from anything, never have, never will.

And by the way...you're not the only one who calls it like they see it.

Oh, so now I'm trying to be "psycho" because I said that if I really wanted to be rude, then I would say exactly what's on my mind and how I feel? I don't expect my words to scare anyone, nor did I intend what I said to be a threat of some sorts... All I was trying to say is that I am at least showing enough respect for everyone here to just merely disagree with what they're saying and telling them why without being a total meanie. And no, I am not being a total meanie just because I have the nerve to disagree with someone's words.

ThatOneDude said:
The_Iblis_Trigger said:
Callie said:

Keep that in mind...

Ok, it's really not hard to see why people don't like you. I used to be a lot like you, blaming the world for my problems and honeysuckle. First off, I do not look at the world through rose-colored glasses. The world is not a nice place. There are a lot of mean people in it. There are lots of people who will make you feel awful just because you're there or for an other stupid reason, but not everyone's like that. And one day I stopped looking at the world and everyone around me and started looking at myself through all the excuses and realized that I wasn't as nice and innocent as I thought I was. I started thinking that, you know, maybe I needed to change myself for the better instead of whining and waiting for the world to throw happiness in my lap because "I'm such a nice guy." And yes, seeing people around you in relationships and happy when you're alone and hearing "You're a nice guy, but..." over and over blows, BUT THAT'S LIFE.

Well, sir, thank you for telling me what I need to hear (the truth), WITHOUT attacking me or calling me names just because I do not agree with what you're saying. I am not trying to argue with you, but, my question is: How much failure and disappointment is one supposed to take before they totally break down? I admit, the way I treat the young girls where I am, I am not being nice. I know that is contrary to my aims, but look at it this way: All of my bad experiences have been with young girls, so yes, I only focus on older women, who I show the respect they deserve. I am mature FOR MY AGE, but (read the "but" part closely) since I am still young, yes, I have a LONG way to go. Once again, sir, I would like to thank you for not attacking me and telling me what I need to know/telling me the truth without attacking me.

Have a nice day!

Adrolak said:
I think what Iblis is trying to say is that he doesn't approve of when people in relationships try and sugarcoat it, try to make it better, and sooth, coo, and have sympathy, it get's REALLY patronizing after a while. Along with that, most of the time what they're saying isn't heartfelt, it's just being said to try and make it feel better, in which case all they're doing is bringing what's bothering you closer to the front of your mind, and making you think and dwell about it even more. I know how you feel because this is exactly what happens with me, I have friends and family, but everywhere I look I see happy couples, my friends with their dates, being told that they're sure somebody will date me. All when I know it's not true, it's almost like rubbing it in my face, so I know what your trying to get across here Iblis. The thing is I've learned to let it not bother me, something that lately hasn't been working.. :(

Finally, SOMEONE who understands what I have been trying to get across! Thank you so much! I have an idea for you though: The next time someone tells you something like that who is dating or married, ask them this:

"If I'm such a good man and date worthy, woud you leave your partner to be with me?"

Ask them that and see how quickly they shut up. Do this if you're really sick and tired of hearing it. I know that sounds like something a total jerk would say, but when someone pushes you, you've got to push back.

Alternately, when someone in a relationship tells you that being single is so wonderful then tell them this:

"If being single is so wonderful, then why don't you leave your partner and come over and join me in my mansion-palace of good fortune."

I hope that would cause them to balk and think about what they're saying.

Also, when you say that what these people in relationships say things like that isn't heartfelt and is said only to try to make you feel better, I understand that their intentions are good (most of the time, anyway), but as the old saying goes, "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."

The_Iblis_Trigger said:
Finally, SOMEONE who understands what I have been trying to get across! Thank you so much! I have an idea for you though: The next time someone tells you something like that who is dating or married, ask them this:

"If I'm such a good man and date worthy, woud you leave your partner to be with me?"

Ask them that and see how quickly they shut up. Do this if you're really sick and tired of hearing it. I know that sounds like something a total jerk would say, but when someone pushes you, you've got to push back.

Alternately, when someone in a relationship tells you that being single is so wonderful then tell them this:

"If being single is so wonderful, then why don't you leave your partner and come over and join me in my mansion-palace of good fortune."

Also, when you say that what these people in relationships say things like that isn't heartfelt and is said only to try to make you feel better, I understand that their intentions are good (most of the time, anyway), but as the old saying goes, "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."

What is it that you want to hear from people? From those in relationsihps?
Do you talk to them about how you are feeling and get these responses?

No, all Iblis is trying to say is he doesn't want to talk about relationships with people who are in them, all it does is bring the pain back, he's not crying out for attention or wanting it to be about him, it's just he doesn't want to talk about that!

Tex Is Lost said:
The_Iblis_Trigger said:

Adrolak said:
No, all Iblis is trying to say is he doesn't want to talk about relationships with people who are in them, all it does is bring the pain back, he's not crying out for attention or wanting it to be about him, it's just he doesn't want to talk about that!

You're right, about that sir. Thanks for the back up, but I'm sure he wasn't attacking me.

Tex Is Lost said:
The_Iblis_Trigger said:

No, I do not really talk to them about my feelings. I have only told like 2 people this. That's all. I am not trying to be a jerk here, but if I feel like I'm getting attacked, I will naturally be defensive. If they (from those in relationships) want to say anything at all, they should say something neutral like "Oh, I'm sorry that you're going through that" and nothing more, so they do not sound like they're patronizing me.

The_Iblis_Trigger said:
No, I do not really talk to them about my feelings. I have only told like 2 people this. That's all. I am not trying to be a jerk here, but if I feel like I'm getting attacked, I will naturally be defensive. If they (from those in relationships) want to say anything at all, they should say something neutral like "Oh, I'm sorry that you're going through that" and nothing more, so they do not sound like they're patronizing me.

Latest posts

Back