online dating

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rawr! said:
I can't even bring myself to message people on a dating site. My self esteem is at the point where the only women I'd consider messaging would be dwarves, paraplegics, amputees, or all of the above combined, because, well. They're probably not so choosy, you know?

Hmmmm, I can totally understand. I tried making a few profiles a long ago, but never bloody would even check them. Hell I never would even write anything I can be so shy.

Skorian said:
Hmmmm, I can totally understand. I tried making a few profiles a long ago, but never bloody would even check them. Hell I never would even write anything I can be so shy.

You dont look shy, skorian...
Btw, nice avatar. Im afraid of vampires but lobisomens (not going to search in english lol ) are ok

Rawr! said:
I can't even bring myself to message people on a dating site. My self esteem is at the point where the only women I'd consider messaging would be dwarves, paraplegics, amputees, or all of the above combined, because, well. They're probably not so choosy, you know?

hhahahahah...ahh...hmm hmm. I don't think I am supposed to laugh here, but I did. Not at you, or dwarves or paraplegics...or amputees...OK I am just making it worse.

snow said:
This is the third thread I've recently started in this board...I know, I'm a nerd. Lol.

Anyway has anyone ever had luck with online dating sites? I've only tried one free site [okcupid.com], and after messaging some 20-30 different girls I gave up. Only one actually replied, and I found she lived way too far for my liking. This was about a year ago.

To me, it seems much harder online than dating in real life. Its so much easier for the girl to ignore you. In fact, my question to the guys [that have tried it] is which sites are the best? If any ladies have tried it, how would a guy have to word his profile to interest you, since there are so many hopeless guys to turn down.

Hey!

I'm on okcupid, not for dating though... however I have met this one really nice guy. I'm not sure how he feels about me. He probably thinks I'm too young :(. He's come along at exactly the wrong point... I think we're meeting up june-julyish time, atleast I hope so. *sigh*. You have to admit having a crush is a nice feeling, even if you're unsure the feeling is mutual. He's a great guy, always makes me smile.

Sorry :) I did say to myself after my last internet "boyfriend" that it wouldn't happen again... but it's so much easier than meeting people in real life... even when you don't want to :s

I tried it one time. Talk about sharks. Man 'ol man.....LOL

"There's Sharks in them thar walters!"

I don't think I want to go thru that one again. Not anytime soon, I don't think, :)

Latest posts

Back