Over 30 and zero relationship experience?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
soresoul said:
priscella said:
I am beginning to be feeling "sad" about men now and what they have to put up with--poor babies.....priscella.. Awwww...

My daughter who was on those horrible dating sites a few years back would tell me that she had her fair share of guys being pathetic but the women were worst. She encounter some women who would go on dating sites just to get a free night out of dinner and drinks. One time she told off her coworker because she would make a weekly list of guys who she’s going to meet up with to get free meals from. She flat out told her she was a piece of honeysuckle.

Yeah similar story and many years ago now.Met up with this girl at a leaving do in a pub near to my work .Thought she's nice ,alright intelligent ,street wise ,everything I'm not and a bit out of my league but it was a nice half hour just drinking at the end of the night.So gave her my no. said anytime you fancy a drink or even a meal give me a ring.About four weeks later she rings ,we have a few drinks for half hour in my local then she sais 'it's been nice ' but can you give me a lift now to a party up the road ,it's a real pain to get to buy transport and was convenient for me you living in the same town and to be truthful that's why I'm here tonite.Gobsmacked I dropped her off at the party never saw her again..oh well  :club:

Serenia said:
soresoul said:
priscella said:
I am beginning to be feeling "sad" about men now and what they have to put up with--poor babies.....priscella.. Awwww...

My daughter who was on those horrible dating sites a few years back would tell me that she had her fair share of guys being pathetic but the women were worst. She encounter some women who would go on dating sites just to get a free night out of dinner and drinks. One time she told off her coworker because she would make a weekly list of guys who she’s going to meet up with to get free meals from. She flat out told her she was a piece of honeysuckle.

I have a colleague like that sadly.  She absolutely sees nothing wrong with it.

Yes and how many men are on those sites just to get sex?  Not saying either one is right, but there are faults with both sides of the gender pool.

TheRealCallie said:
Serenia said:
soresoul said:
priscella said:

Yes and how many men are on those sites just to get sex?  Not saying either one is right, but there are faults with both sides of the gender pool.

And how many men are out there as well is looking for a serious commitment and not only sex? Yeah quite a few. Then you have those in between that women would go “geez what a pansy ass how dare him wanting a commitment? Be a real man and look to get laid” so a double edge sword either way. Get crucified to be label just seeking sex or get hang at the stakes for an actual relationship “? What to ******* choose..

Just Games said:
soresoul said:
priscella said:

Yeah similar story and many years ago now.Met up with this girl at a leaving do in a pub near to my work .Thought she's nice ,alright intelligent ,street wise ,everything I'm not and a bit out of my league but it was a nice half hour just drinking at the end of the night.So gave her my no. said anytime you fancy a drink or even a meal give me a ring.About four weeks later she rings ,we have a few drinks for half hour in my local then she sais 'it's been nice ' but can you give me a lift now to a party up the road ,it's a real pain to get to buy transport and was convenient for me you living in the same town and to be truthful that's why I'm here tonite.Gobsmacked I dropped her off at the party never saw her again..oh well  :club:

At least you were nice. I would of walked away and told her to travel by foot or call for a taxi. Then drive by pointing and laughing at her as she’s walking to sober up to the party 30 miles down the road.

soresoul said:
TheRealCallie said:
Serenia said:
soresoul said:
priscella said:

And how many men are out there as well is looking for a serious commitment and not only sex? Yeah quite a few. Then you have those in between that women would go “geez what a pansy ass how dare him wanting a commitment? Be a real man and look to get laid” so a double edge sword either way. Get crucified to be label just seeking sex or get hang at the stakes for an actual relationship “? What to ******* choose..

Um, pretty sure we just said the same **** thing there. Just pointing out that just because women do stupid honeysuckle doesn't mean men don't also do stupid honeysuckle. 
There are good and bad for everything.  Just because some do something doesn't mean all of them do it.

TheRealCallie said:
soresoul said:
TheRealCallie said:
Serenia said:
soresoul said:

Um, pretty sure we just said the same **** thing there. Just pointing out that just because women do stupid honeysuckle doesn't mean men don't also do stupid honeysuckle. 
There are good and bad for everything.  Just because some do something doesn't mean all of them do it.
But you automatically throw in the yeah guys want sex speech. If you would of said but most other guys are seeking to be serious then yeah I would of gave you a pass. But your just guys are looking for sex, which is pretty unfair.

soresoul said:
TheRealCallie said:
Serenia said:
soresoul said:
priscella said:

Just Games said:
soresoul said:
priscella said:

At least you were nice. I would of walked away and told her to travel by foot or call for a taxi. Then drive by pointing and laughing at her as she’s walking to sober up to the party 30 miles down the road.

Thanks ,but it was a mixture of shock ,not quite anger but the fact that I was used just for the lift ,couldn't believe it just lifted her in silence,got to laugh about it now,the cheek of it....

soresoul said:
TheRealCallie said:
soresoul said:
TheRealCallie said:
Serenia said:

But you automatically throw in the yeah guys want sex speech. If you would of said but most other guys are seeking to be serious then yeah I would of gave you a pass. But your just guys are looking for sex, which is pretty unfair.

"Not saying either one is right, but there are faults with both sides of the gender pool." 
Did you miss this part?  It's basically saying that.  Only it's saying BOTH SIDES have faults, instead of both sides have good.  It goes both ways.

TheRealCallie said:
soresoul said:
TheRealCallie said:
soresoul said:
TheRealCallie said:

"Not saying either one is right, but there are faults with both sides of the gender pool." 
Did you miss this part?  It's basically saying that.  Only it's saying BOTH SIDES have faults, instead of both sides have good.  It goes both ways.
I didn’t miss that part. You said and guys go on dating sites for sex. You didn’t say some guys are looking for sex on dating sites but other guys are looking for a serious relationship. You pretty much put guys guilty of association by joining dating  sites just for sex. Like I said if  you even the level playing field then yeah I would of agree.

soresoul said:
TheRealCallie said:
soresoul said:
TheRealCallie said:
soresoul said:

I didn’t miss that part. You said and guys go on dating sites for sex. You didn’t say some guys are looking for sex on dating sites but other guys are looking for a serious relationship. You pretty much put guys guilty of association by joining dating  sites just for sex. Like I said if  you even the level playing field then yeah I would of agree.

Actually, I asked how many go on dating sites looking for sex, which kind of means not all of them do.  This is just ridiculous, anything to argue with ***** Callie, huh?

TheRealCallie said:
soresoul said:
TheRealCallie said:
soresoul said:
TheRealCallie said:

Actually, I asked how many go on dating sites looking for sex, which kind of means not all of them do.  This is just ridiculous, anything to argue with ***** Callie, huh?

Not arguing with you Jennifer or calling you that b word, just calling you out on your assumption. Someone needs to be the voice of the voiceless.

Yes you did a long time ago. I told you call me by my real name before but you won’t So I’m not mad at cha.

33 year old with no love life here. I've been on a few first dates,  but never went anywhere than that. Had maybe two women interested in me from POF and Facebook Dating,  but I had no interest in them. I'm not overly choosy with who I want to date,  I just haven't met anyone who I want to be more than friends with.  Even those are far between,  for some reason. 

Not a huge deal, as I am reclusive/asocial by nature.  Just weird.

In reference to some of the above, I've never went out looking for sex. If I was able to have some kind of conversation with someone of the opposite sex then I considered it a successfully outing. That's as far as I ever got too. The entire meeting / getting to know someone is a crazy thing for many. A past girlfriend that I met through work seemed just as mixed up as everybody else. We had gone to lunch a couple times. I went to pick her for our official first date and go to the movies. But, she didn't want to go out. I didn't either. So, we talked for a few hours and then I left giving her a hug and a small kiss. I was quite pleased with the date and excited about possible future dates.

From my point of view we were just beginning to learn about each other. Then she wanted to check out my place. She was very clean and that was important to her. I appreciate that BTW. So, one day after work she came over to inspect my domain. She looked a round for five minutes and then jumped on me as if she was over come with passion. It felt totally awkward, forced, and fake. I could sense she was pushing herself on me for some reason. I was disappointed how things were playing out. But, made sure not to let it show.

I allowed it to continue because I didn't want her to feel rejected. I know how much that hurts. It turned out to be a wise decision as we kept seeing each other. Apparently we were now a couple. Ha! ha! Later she told me if I had rejected her then that would have been the end of us. I asked why she jumped me like that. She said that's what guys want. She didn't really want to do it but she felt she needed to do it so I wouldn't dump her. BTW, she dated a LOT. Before that evening, she was dating four other guys at the same time. So, she knew what the dating scene was all about.

I always just wanted to find a nice place to meet, get to know someone, and slowly progress if we were compatible. I tried many different places. But, never found anything. IMO, there is a ton of pressure on both sexes, either perceived or real. Often times I though it would be better to just have an arranged marriage and make things work. But, then I would think, what if the two of us were completely opposite. I guess it works out when one is dominant over the other otherwise there would be constant turmoil. That's kind of what happens in nature and it seems to work.

Cucuboth said:
5 months 3 weeks from December 1995 - May 1996 for my only 'real' girlfriend. Never even held hands, had a first kiss, or even a hug from her, she always claimed she wasn't ready or wasn't feeling well (yet would hug all her friends, sometimes a bit too friendly with her male friends). Only spent a handful of times actually alone with her. The rest of the time her friends always had to be there. Ended by finding out it was all just a game, a joke she and her friends had devised to play on any 'loser' they could find .... and they found me. After that she ran off to Queensland with her 'real' boyfriend.

That's as close as I've been to a real relationship (not counting two short lived, internet only, relationships), and I'm 38 ... almost 39.

44 now and it is still the same.

Cucuboth said:
Cucuboth said:
5 months 3 weeks from December 1995 - May 1996 for my only 'real' girlfriend. Never even held hands, had a first kiss, or even a hug from her, she always claimed she wasn't ready or wasn't feeling well (yet would hug all her friends, sometimes a bit too friendly with her male friends). Only spent a handful of times actually alone with her. The rest of the time her friends always had to be there. Ended by finding out it was all just a game, a joke she and her friends had devised to play on any 'loser' they could find .... and they found me. After that she ran off to Queensland with her 'real' boyfriend.

That's as close as I've been to a real relationship (not counting two short lived, internet only, relationships), and I'm 38 ... almost 39.

44 now and it is still the same.

Past 50 for me and the pool of even outside possibilities has dried up. I was thinking about getting tattoos all over my body including my face. Then I could get a Harley, ride it around with the exhaust cut off, play dress up, and pretend to be a bad ass like others do. Then the biker crowd women would think I was cool. But, I think I would still have to keep some crack on hand for them to gobble up. But, ****, that's just too much effort.

*Nervously raises hand*. I'm 32 and have zero romantic and relationship experience. I'm content with my own company a lot of the time, but there are times when I yearn for somebody special to come into my life. This yearning has been with me intermittently for many years and has caused me significant depression and distress.

Edit: Forgot I'd already replied to this thread earlier on. Oh well, have this reply too.

It's so much better than having a traumatic relationship. Don't get into a relationship right away just because you want to fall in love. There are very evil-minded people in this world. They can ruin your life.

Latest posts

Back