Over 30 and zero relationship experience?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Winter Fire said:
It's so much better than having a traumatic relationship. Don't get into a relationship right away just because you want to fall in love. There are very evil-minded people in this world. They can ruin your life.

That's all well and good to say, but when you get to 30 and you've never "done anything" romantically or sexually, you start to question what's wrong with you, so much so that it can have quite a profoundly bad effect on your mental health.

Tiina63 said:
I think that there must be many people 30+ without relationship experience. It is just that those with relationship experience tend to talk about it the most and the loudest.  Also, it can feel embarrassing to admit after a certain age that you have no relationship experience so people who haven't tend to keep it to themselves. It is very sad that society can be judgemental towards those of us who in one way or another don't hit certain milestones when we are 'expected' to.

I run into this same issue. I'm positive that this will turn some, if not most or everyone, away from me if they were to ever find out. By next year I'm going to be giving up hope that I'll find someone to love me and just cry myself to sleep every now and then. I'm trying to get used to it right now.

Forgottendanfan said:
Winter Fire said:
It's so much better than having a traumatic relationship. Don't get into a relationship right away just because you want to fall in love. There are very evil-minded people in this world. They can ruin your life.

That's all well and good to say, but when you get to 30 and you've never "done anything" romantically or sexually, you start to question what's wrong with you, so much so that it can have quite a profoundly bad effect on your mental health.
I had a traumatic relationship. We broke up like 7 years ago but he is still harrassing me. [font=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He ruined every aspect of my life. I can't even imagine how different my life would be now if I have never dated him. I'm sure it would be great. Now I have to spend years to overcome this trauma and try to take my life back. I used to think like you before I met that person. But now, I wish I have never been in a relationship. So, bad relationships can have quite a profoundly bad effect on your mental health and your general health. [/font]

lei said:
I'm a little over 30 (female) and no real relationship experience. It's something I don't dare mention to anyone

I feel as is you not wanting to talk about it would be a decent defense to the questions. My only concern is someone being angry at me when and if I break a relationship rule that I didn't know or think about or if I did something wrong.

African_weasel said:
I run into this same issue. I'm positive that this will turn some, if not most or everyone, away from me if they were to ever find out. By next year I'm going to be giving up hope that I'll find someone to love me and just cry myself to sleep every now and then. I'm trying to get used to it right now.

It's nice to set a goal for yourself and then achieve it. Giving up is so much easier then constantly torturing yourself with something that isn't achievable, or at best near impossible to achieve. Besides relationships are all about compromising. However, we end up doing all the compromising while the other person doesn't. Then there are some real abusive aholes out there to top it all off.

Latest posts

Back