Pacific on bullying and rudeness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brightshadow

Reaction score
I stumbled upon this video today and would like to share with you guys (I searched, and it doesn’t seem like it was posted here before.)
It’s a 3 years old video, but it’s just timeless!
Pacific is talking about USA, but I think it applies just as much (if not even more) to some other countries too.
[video=youtube]
My old, old dream: I still wish, there was place on Earth, where only nice people could enter! *sigh*

I watched about ten minutes of it may watch the rest later, but i think it really is a problem how people just say and do whatever and theres so many walls seperating people. I call it the shadow cage myself nobody can see it, but theres bars for pregidous, bars for hate, bars for bad timing, bars for social statuses that seperate people. Litterally anything people can find to seperate one another. Its human nature but that doesnt excuse it. I think it comes down basically to a good thing thats become twisted into something bad.

Fact of life, people want to feel special, so the only way a lot of people know to do that is by belonging to a group. They want that group to seem more special than the other group somebody else belongs to so they belittle others to boost themselves up and pull attention away from theirs and the groups own shortcomings. I dont know that theres a good answer to it except to talk to people and try to get them to see reason and that thats not the only way. Of course most people that do that, if they truly took time to consider others theyd realize their behavior was wrong, and alot of them do know its wrong but just dont care because theyre still in their "special" club. Like i say i didnt watch the whole thing but just my thoughts on what he discussed at the beginning.

I had to step up and stop someone from getting bullied yesterday. I was at a local cafe and this guy was getting roughed up by a barista there because he called him a name. What was he, 5? This hipster doouche probably had 50 lbs on the kid. Maybe I should have minded my own business but I can't stand a bully.

Amthorn said:
Maybe I should have minded my own business

No, you shouldn't have. You did the right thing that i personally wouldn't have the balls for.

Latest posts

Back