Post freely on this board

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try volunteering
Already have for years and didn't meet anyone. I wasn't allowed to go into my main volunteer job since last year due to COVID and they haven't even asked me about coming back, even emailed the boss before Christmas last year if I could come back this year and was told 'we'll think about it' then heard nothing.

I also have other hobbies...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211227-025151_kindlephoto-126385807.png
    Screenshot_20211227-025151_kindlephoto-126385807.png
    483.8 KB · Views: 53
im sorry guys for all the unwanted commotion i caused but hey it's just a forum there are bigger problems in life and don't be so serious. we CAN all get along.

I feel bad. Bad for dumping the first girl I tried to get into a relationship with in 15 years. Bad, because it sucks. Good, because it wouldn't have ended well. Hard to find someone who doesn't try to tell you what to be, nowadays...

Now YouTube is suggesting videos of people who sit in front of a camera and talk about depression and loneliness. I'm quite happy to be reading the comments. A lot of people my age describing a similar life as mine, occasionally with a positive spin. I've often wondered why reports of loneliness are so hard to find on the internet. It's made me feel like my condition isn't very common. However, according to this report, it describes over 30% of people : https://mcc.gse.harvard.edu/reports/loneliness-in-america. Before I found this (small) community, I looked on reddit where teens and 20's people go. But where were the 35+ crowd? I think YouTube has plenty of content for people my age. I'm not looking for solutions or even hope. I just want to read about people living a similar experience, who are trying to cope and manage life without falling into negative behaviors like drinking and drugs.

I can't say I really enjoy life very much. I just try to keep tidy, stay healthy, and avoid problems at work. The fewer problems I have, the easier it is to cope with the big problem - isolation and boredom.

There's a DBT-skill, that is called radical acceptance.

I don't know, how I can find the right treatment for me and whether I heal. It feels as If it gets worse over time and I try and try and try and it's never enough. Good therapies are hard to find.

I have to accept my diseases and my disability. The psychic and now even physical problems.

I have to accept my loneliness. That I never had a fulfilling relationship like good friends or a good relationship.
No Family. That I struggle with relationships and malfunctions as it is described in the symptoms of Borderline and cPtsd, depression, social phobia and paranoid PS.

I have to accept my unemployment. I worked always a little, as much as I can, a few hours a day, but you can't live from it. And often I needed to go to the hospital and couldn't work. Plus the problems, that arise, when you have chronically less money for the easiest things.

I have to accept life as it is. There are things, that are hard or never to change.
I can work in a place for ppl with disabilities now, that's better than nothing.

I need to accept all that, radical acceptance.

I am thankful, that there is this stationary treatment. The poverty and isolation is not that rough, as if you live alone. We get some financial support and they even help to organize things.

I would like to go on with writing and singing and allowing me to do things I like. Sometimes I wished all my imaginary friends could come alive, my world would be such a nice, supportive, creative and soothing place.

My highly narcissistic parents, sibling, cousins we're very successful in their carriers, some of them even mentioned in the newspapers for their good work. I was very good and functional till the age of 19 and then everything broke down. I could hate their ******* mentality, but at least they reached a lot and I reached to not kill myself and to treat myself less badly, although it's still a struggle to not dive into self-damaging behaviour.
I shouldnt compare myself, but I do, so there is only one thing to do, called radical acceptance.

How do I force as default this larger font size? Oh, wait, I just zoomed in... but what if it's now too big for folks who are too zoomed in... Such are the trade-offs of life.

I now present to you a depressed stick figure, Ticky Fig, who must engage in naked group therapy to ameliorate shiz depression. First exercise of the day is naked trust falls. Brace yourself, folks, for some twig and berries in the bush sticky fig style. Then zhill go skinny dipping with the all the other sticks. Will these help to cure Ticky Fig's depression. Who knows...

Ticky Fig, we love you... Ticky Fig, we need you... We're all naked, it's ok to feel ok.

Last edited:
I feel bad. Bad for dumping the first girl I tried to get into a relationship with in 15 years. Bad, because it sucks. Good, because it wouldn't have ended well. Hard to find someone who doesn't try to tell you what to be, nowadays...
You get told what to be? Here they expect you to be just perfect in every way so when you get involved with them, they simply accept your perfection. That's the case in my situation. I can be anything as long as i'm perfect in every way. Which includes financial status. Because they are all amazing here and live perfect amazing lives and they won't accept anything less. This is from local tinder, okc, and my real life offline experience, past and more recent when i tried to do a test run and told someone i liked her. Just to see if it goes anywhere beyond her occasional text or cold lame "hello". First time in 17 years i wanted to try to like someone to see if i still have anything left in me. It backfired hard. I got disliked and permanently ignored. Also gained even more invisibility superpower. Now completely invisible. Like i don't exist.

I think... the earth is designed to be a prison, instead of being in the middle of the ocean its in space and we aren't allowed to leave, but we keep trying to leave, failing to understand that we are in prison. Stuck here with other parasites and viruses....

Yeah i'm in a bad mood :confused:

I think... the earth is designed to be a prison, instead of being in the middle of the ocean its in space and we aren't allowed to leave, but we keep trying to leave, failing to understand that we are in prison. Stuck here with other parasites and viruses....

I think so too. Apparently neither the cell doors nor the main door are actually locked though and through enlightenment we can find liberation 🤷🏻‍♀️
Ps. Hope your bad mood disappears quickly 🤍

I think so too. Apparently neither the cell doors nor the main door are actually locked though and through enlightenment we can find liberation 🤷🏻‍♀️
Ps. Hope your bad mood disappears quickly 🤍
I don't think the Earth is inherently a prison, but I think we've helped make it feel like one through lack of compassion, by not being kind and thoughtful to one another, by not seeing other people's viewpoints, by thoughtless accumulation, and by pursuing control, prestige and power over others. I don't blame the Earth for any of that. I think we've done it all to ourselves, sadly.

But if you want to pursue the prison analogy, think of what it takes for people to actually leave the Earth. So far, the only way out that we know of involves lighting a skyscraper-sized rocket with the equivalent of an enormous bomb inside. The Saturn V delivered 7.6 million pounds of thrust to push an object the size of a few decent-sized vans to the moon. That's only 238,000 miles/384,000 km away. And space doesn't really seem very hospitable to humans. We need millions of dollars of complicated technology to live there for even short amounts of time. In some ways you could say we are almost trapped here, but we did manage to finally get off, so who knows what will happen in the future? The point is more that we're intimately tied to the Earth biologically. We are of the Earth. We might be able to live on other planets, but the most Earth-like ones float millions of years away. And they might contain viruses or bacteria that we have no immunity to that would kill us quickly. Who knows?

In any case, I don't like to think of the Earth as a prison, but it can really seem like one sometimes.

To get a better idea of the power involved to get off this thing, this video shows Saturn V engines firing in slow motion.

Last edited:
I don't think the Earth is inherently a prison, but I think we've helped make it feel like one through lack of compassion, by not being kind and thoughtful to one another, by not seeing other people's viewpoints, by thoughtless accumulation, and by pursuing control, prestige and power over others. I don't blame the Earth for any of that. I think we've done it all to ourselves, sadly.

But if you want to pursue the prison analogy, think of what it takes for people to actually leave the Earth. So far, the only way out that we know of involves lighting a skyscraper-sized rocket with the equivalent of an enormous bomb inside. The Saturn V delivered 7.6 million pounds of thrust to push an object the size of a few decent-sized vans to the moon. That's only 238,000 miles/384,000 km away. And space doesn't really seem very hospitable to humans. We need millions of dollars of complicated technology to live there for even short amounts of time. In some ways you could say we are almost trapped here, but we did manage to finally get off, so who knows what will happen in the future? The point is more that we're intimately tied to the Earth biologically. We are of the Earth. We might be able to live on other planets, but the most Earth-like ones float millions of years away. And they might contain viruses or bacteria that we have no immunity to that would kill us quickly. Who knows?

In any case, I don't like to think of the Earth as a prison, but it can really seem like one sometimes.

To get a better idea of the power involved to get off this thing, this video shows Saturn V engines firing in slow motion.

I meant meditation. Eastern philosophy. Spiritual liberation. Plato's allegory of the cave.

Latest posts

Back