Questions for both Men and Women.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you think, does IQ(maybe not exactly IQ, just more/less smart/intelligent things) matter in relationship?

I think it is good to be in some balance. I'd prefer a partner at least the same ot even a little bit smarter(not in any absolute numbers but as I take a person). If one of the partners is much smarter than other, I think it would be dull.

What do you think, does IQ(maybe not exactly IQ, just more/less smart/intelligent things) matter in relationship?

I think it is good to be in some balance. I'd prefer a partner at least the same ot even a little bit smarter(not in any absolute numbers but as I take a person). If one of the partners is much smarter than other, I think it would be dull.

I think that there are different kinds of intelligences, and that it is beyond human capacity to be able to possess and/or master all of them in a single human lifetime. We're all students of life, for the entire length of our lives. When we arrogantly or ignorantly forget this, life dully punishes us for it. So it's in our best interest to maintain being humbled.

IQ, doesn't, it's just a number to attempt to quantify something that's already very hard to quantify. As for intelligence "level" itself, I don't think it really matters. What most people look for is someone with admirable qualities that they enjoy spending a large amount of time with and are compatible with. Intelligence can be one, but it doesn't necessarily have to be. It can be a great body, it can be a profound sense of generosity, it can be a calm attitude in general, etc etc. The things people find enjoyable are pretty endless.
For example, I've been called extremely intelligent a few times. I consider myself very normal, got strenghts and weaknesses, some college education but no degree. One of my ex girlfriends is a university educated woman, yet she was not, in our social group at the time at least, considered intelligent. She was, but some of the things she'd say coupled with her looks had a tendency to land her in the stereotypical "blonde" category, which I thought was really unfair lol. Regardless, that had zero impact on our relationship, we enjoyed each other's company for a variety of other reasons. We could talk about anything. While we argued on occasion, neither of us would get angry at the other and make it a distasteful argument. If we were out of line on something, we'd apologize to each other and not hold a grudge. We had a few common interests, some not in common at all, but were both willing to share both interests with each other and take a step forward into something we disliked, for the other's sake.
I think that's what really matters, compatibility and a willingness to share and be open.

I assume of she had been stupid, or if I was as thick as a pile of bricks, it still would've worked out, though our shared interests would likely have been different. A basic minimum I think is fun, for conversation's sake lol, but ot's not necessarily a hill to die on, I believe.

The higher IQ - the harder dating is.
The higher HER IQ - the more stupid she is to date.
Dumb people are happiest in life.

I forgot to add that when you hear some people's lines of thinking, it often enough gives you a very good idea in what spectrum they land. It leaves you shaking your head and thinking...yup, godspeed.

I forgot to add that when you hear some people's lines of thinking, it often enough gives you a very good idea in what spectrum they land. It leaves you shaking your head and thinking...yup, godspeed.
I guess I'm talking more about a way of thinink maybe. I am just not sure how to call it.
IQ, doesn't, it's just a number to attempt to quantify something that's already very hard to quantify. As for intelligence "level" itself, I don't think it really matters.
<...>
We could talk about anything.
I mean if someone let's has completely another way of thinking I can't really talk to them about anything.
I don't know how to talk about let's say the inflation to a person who has no idea what does 10%. means(I had a coworker who told me I did wrong because she asked to count 30% of smth while I counted 3/10).

I guess it's about a way of thinking, for example, I know someone when they read "The ripe lemons are yellow. The lemons contain citric acid", they take it as "The lemons are sour because they are yellow". So any arguments with this person is useless, because whatever I say is also taken in that way(and I begin to think what a stupid one). Other example is "I don't know, as you say" for whatever you try to discuss.
On the other hand I know a few people who are very intelligent and it's difficult to talk to them as well, becuase my thoughts are no so fast and there are a lot of things they know, that I don't, while there is almost nothing I know and they don't . So we can't exchange.
It matters to me, but I know a lot of people who don't care about it, they just don't talk to their partners about the topics not related to their houshold life.

I guess I'm talking more about a way of thinink maybe. I am just not sure how to call it.

I mean if someone let's has completely another way of thinking I can't really talk to them about anything.
I don't know how to talk about let's say the inflation to a person who has no idea what does 10%. means(I had a coworker who told me I did wrong because she asked to count 30% of smth while I counted 3/10).

I guess it's about a way of thinking, for example, I know someone when they read "The ripe lemons are yellow. The lemons contain citric acid", they take it as "The lemons are sour because they are yellow". So any arguments with this person is useless, because whatever I say is also taken in that way(and I begin to think what a stupid one). Other example is "I don't know, as you say" for whatever you try to discuss.
On the other hand I know a few people who are very intelligent and it's difficult to talk to them as well, becuase my thoughts are no so fast and there are a lot of things they know, that I don't, while there is almost nothing I know and they don't . So we can't exchange.
It matters to me, but I know a lot of people who don't care about it, they just don't talk to their partners about the topics not related to their houshold life.
Lemons don't have citric acid. They have lemon juice in them.
....😜.
I is smart, mademoiselle 😉

Dumb people are happiest in life.

Dark Helmet Good Is Dumb GIF by Leroy Patterson

I think it depends on the person. Lots of people can be dumb and have intelligent conversations. Lots of people can be smart and have a very dumb conversation. I think it just depends on how they treat their intelligence. If they are arrogant as honeysuckle, no thanks. If they are dumber than a box of rocks and don't do anything to be better themselves, also no thanks.

This is interesting, I was raised by a total nerd so I have a love for all things nerdy. I think its healthier to have a slight intellectual imbalance in a relationship. I wouldn't want to be with someone who cant teach me anything as I am humble enough to learn.

This is interesting, I was raised by a total nerd so I have a love for all things nerdy. I think its healthier to have a slight intellectual imbalance in a relationship. I wouldn't want to be with someone who cant teach me anything as I am humble enough to learn.
Reminded me of this quote:

1689498492555.png

I'm not completely certain. I do like the notion of being with an intellectual equal. I'm not sure I'd recognize one though.

There's wisdom, too, to consider. I've known women that may not have been as intelligent as me; but, had far more sense than I'll probably ever have.. heh..

A good match is a good match.

Latest posts

Back