Questions for the Men

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had it twice, well one was an unsolicited boob pic, I definitely wasn't thrilled or looking for a sexual relationship and no I didn't respond with one of my own
Lol I should clarify that I was talking about men who receives unsolicited pics that ALSO sends.

Meanwhile, I've been on a dating website for about a month and a half now...still no unsollicitated kitty pick. ☹️
I'm disappointed in you ladies...😈

Getting random pics wouldn't thrill me tbh. If it's someone I like the it would be diff but a random person is a random person. No feelings to it

Would you judge a potential partner on their work ethic/performance and attitude towards their job?

Would you judge a potential partner on their work ethic/performance and attitude towards their job?
Personally, I couldn't care less. Work and romance are entirely unrelated and independent in my book. Of course, if the partner works with you it could be hard to seperate the two, but dating a colleague is a big no no in my book.

Yes.I would expect them to work hard,bring the money in and play hard.You can't have two lazy people in a relationship 😉But i don't know its so ingrained that they work their arse off I've known nothing else so how I deal with it in a new relationship who knows.

There are a few variables here. Before this atmosphere of being able to cherry pick a good number of jobs, sometimes you took what you had to. If they really hated that they HAD to go to work, I wouldn't expect a positive attitude. I am of the few that GET to go to work, cause I love it. I would just try to support their looking for something more fulfilling. But, if they just love to ***** for the sake of bitching, forget that noise.

Eh. Not really. So long as she has a job and maintains a job, I can work with that.
Fact of the matter is: All jobs suck, and nobody wants to do them.
She doesn't need to be some multi-faceted entrepreneur with the newest BMW and the Karen Of The Year Trophy over the fireplace.
Could just be girl who has worked in retail for 5 years, or girl who works in food service. I don't really care, just so long as she financially manages herself and stays in her own lane like a responsible adult.

I'm really not that materialistic of a man, to be honest, the consistent rise of inflation kind of gears me more towards minimalism and practicality rather than winding me up in an anxious mess because I've gotta find a way to have the new shiny thing. --I'm very against the grain when it comes to the social construct and its standardizations.

Truthfully, I'm more interested in a woman's mental state than I am anything else.

I'd say most people judge each other on that, but I wouldn't care about her job status all that much. (Obviously there's a limit, maybe not someone who works at Burger King)

Somewhat. If she’s going to work I expect her to take it seriously and do things like handle her own laundry and wake herself up on time since my own schedule is a mess and I don’t have time for all that. Secondly, I would not date a woman who can’t manage her finances on the most basic level. It’s one thing to be poor, and another to be poor because you spent your whole paycheck on candy and toys like a toddler. I have dated someone like that and wouldn’t do it again.

A sort of related question would be whether we would judge a partner by how intelligent they were.

Last edited:
sort of related question would be whether we would judge a partner by how intelligent they were
I'm supposed to say yes to this question. I may have in the past not chosen the best match in that particular category. I know now, while moving forward, to do my best to find someone who I perceive as an equal in all ways. Not someone who needs 'saving', or one I can manipulate. I'm not saying I'm overly smart, but to have someone who can challenge me (in a good way) on an intellectual level would be for the best. Hell, I'd love it if I could have long, well thought out conversations. Because, as awesome as it sounds to be rolling under the covers all waking moments, that's just not realistic, nor sustainable. To have someone that relates to you is a pretty big deal.

A sort of related question would be whether we would judge a partner by how intelligent they were.

I recently talked to a guy like this. Not only did he often talk about how he could never date someone who wasn't intelligent, he also thought he was smarter than basically everyone.
I'm always down for intelligent conversation, but don't assume you are smarter than everyone else. No one is smarter than everyone else and it's annoying to be that arrogant.

I recently talked to a guy like this. Not only did he often talk about how he could never date someone who wasn't intelligent, he also thought he was smarter than basically everyone.
I'm always down for intelligent conversation, but don't assume you are smarter than everyone else. No one is smarter than everyone else and it's annoying to be that arrogant.
For me the problem with them not being particularly bright is worrying I might take advantage of that (or just take them for granted). Not that I'm that intelligent, but I don't like that kind of power dynamic.

Latest posts

Back