Questions for the Men

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where are you guys going to get women showing interest in you? It's never happened for me in 35 years of life.
20 years ago at work. Everywhere else I was invisible. But, nowadays I believe women are starting to show some interest in me. I'm an older man, in shape, out and about, and breathing. So, that makes me more attractive now. My overall looks don't matter as much. A women took interest in me at a gas station. I thought she was attractive so I nodded at her and smiled. She smiled back and we stared at each other for a few seconds. I know I was supposed to say something. But, I just didn't want to do so. I've also had several older then me women come up and start talking to me at Walmart. I smile at them and talk to them for a few minutes. Usually I help them get something off a high shelf or put something heavy into their cart. But, IMO, they are usually hitting on me. They start the conversation. But, I end it. I think it's much easier for old guys that want to date old women then young or old guys that want to date young women.

20 years ago at work. Everywhere else I was invisible. But, nowadays I believe women are starting to show some interest in me. I'm an older man, in shape, out and about, and breathing. So, that makes me more attractive now. My overall looks don't matter as much. A women took interest in me at a gas station. I thought she was attractive so I nodded at her and smiled. She smiled back and we stared at each other for a few seconds. I know I was supposed to say something. But, I just didn't want to do so. I've also had several older then me women come up and start talking to me at Walmart. I smile at them and talk to them for a few minutes. Usually I help them get something off a high shelf or put something heavy into their cart. But, IMO, they are usually hitting on me. They start the conversation. But, I end it. I think it's much easier for old guys that want to date old women then young or old guys that want to date young women.

None of the scenarios you mentioned there have ever happened to me. I've never even noticed so much as a positive glance from a woman in all my years of adult life.

None of the scenarios you mentioned there have ever happened to me. I've never even noticed so much as a positive glance from a woman in all my years of adult life.
You might not be noticing the glances. I had no clue when I was younger. I just thought someone was looking at me. Try paying attention to when people look at you. Try smiling and making eye contact with others. Do it just as an experiment in you want to. It might surprise you how others react when you look at them, nod, and smile. Just try it.

You might not be noticing the glances. I had no clue when I was younger. I just thought someone was looking at me. Try paying attention to when people look at you. Try smiling and making eye contact with others. Do it just as an experiment in you want to. It might surprise you how others react when you look at them, nod, and smile. Just try it.
Think about it. There are a lot of loney people in this world. They want to be acknowledge. If you do that they feel better and will acknowledge you back. Some get so little acknowledgement that they'll want more from you. So many people completely ignore each other. If I don't make eye contact with others I'm invisible. I look at them. Then they see me looking at them and look back. There's a lot of communication going on in those few seconds of looking at each other. But, you have to learn how to understand it.

This went so far off the rails from the intended question. So, since there aren't any actual questions, let's go this way. How often, after a certain age and demographic, do you men go for your full doctors check up? I'm still avoiding the one test. But I do the rest yearly. Well, this years a little different. But for the most part, I do my best. Maybe this was already asked, but it still holds to the actual thread.

Think about it. There are a lot of loney people in this world. They want to be acknowledge. If you do that they feel better and will acknowledge you back. Some get so little acknowledgement that they'll want more from you. So many people completely ignore each other. If I don't make eye contact with others I'm invisible. I look at them. Then they see me looking at them and look back. There's a lot of communication going on in those few seconds of looking at each other. But, you have to learn how to understand it.

Duly noted. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Same here.
At least none that I have found attractive.

None whatsoever for me, attractive or otherwise. I'm completely invisible to the entire female population it would seem. I used to think that was perfectly normal until I started hearing how some men get randomly smiled at, flirted with or approached in public. That seems like something contrived in a parallel universe to me. Completely unheard of in my personal world.

None whatsoever for me, attractive or otherwise. I'm completely invisible to the entire female population it would seem. I used to think that was perfectly normal until I started hearing how some men get randomly smiled at, flirted with or approached in public. That seems like something contrived in a parallel universe to me. Completely unheard of in my personal world.
Oh, it's extremely common...if you have a certain look/personality type/whatever.
I've worked with Wall St. firms since the 80s and often have gone out after work to bars/clubs/rooftops/etc..
Girls will absolutely fawn over 6'3" Ivy league frat boy athlete types with brash personalities.
The 80-20 rule is very, very true.

Oh, it's extremely common...if you have a certain look/personality type/whatever.
I've worked with Wall St. firms since the 80s and often have gone out after work to bars/clubs/rooftops/etc..
Girls will absolutely fawn over 6'3" Ivy league frat boy athlete types with brash personalities.
The 80-20 rule is very, very true.

What's the 80-20 rule?

Edit: It's OK. I googled it.

Last edited:
Day later, no actual questions. I'll go with the..fudge, word I should know...anyway. Nose hair. I had a good run for a few months having none. But now...I'm using anything that doesn't make me look like I'm 70. Annoying

Ugh whats happened to questions for the men... this simply wont do... okay men!

Would you work for your wife? Like she owns a business and needs you to help her, it's really taking off, but she would be your boss... could you do it? Or would it bother you? and for extra spice... could you do it if you knew a hot girl would see you in that situation and judge ya lol

Ugh whats happened to questions for the men... this simply wont do... okay men!

Would you work for your wife? Like she owns a business and needs you to help her, it's really taking off, but she would be your boss... could you do it? Or would it bother you? and for extra spice... could you do it if you knew a hot girl would see you in that situation and judge ya lol
Sure, why not?, it would make a pleasant change. Being judged by 'hot girls', or anybody else, has no impact on my self esteem.

Just wondering if you men are man enough to take one for the team and let your wife lead lool
You bet your sweet...pistachios 😜
I'd be proud to go out with a girl who makes more than me or has more responsibility. It's not a contest and my sense of manhood isn't tied to how much more I mske than her, or not. We're supposed to be a team. So, we strategise.

Sure, why not?, it would make a pleasant change. Being judged by 'hot girls', or anybody else, has no impact on my self esteem.
I like that you wouldn't let hot stacey put you off being a man and supporting your wifey!

actually woman on top is for the tough d***
Cherunino lool you're gonna get told off lmaoo

You bet your sweet...pistachios 😜
I'd be proud to go out with a girl who makes more than me or has more responsibility. It's not a contest and my sense of manhood isn't tied to how much more I mske than her, or not. We're supposed to be a team. So, we strategise.
Yeah you know my friend is sooo successful and her hot and amazing partner is super supportive of her in every way, perfect partner in every way, but her success scares him... it's sooo weird.

I like that you wouldn't let hot stacey put you off being a man and supporting your wifey!

Cherunino lool you're gonna get told off lmaoo

Yeah you know my friend is sooo successful and her hot and amazing partner is super supportive of her in everyday, perfect partner in every way, but her success scares him... it's sooo weird.
Funny. I don't see why. I'd be more scared of getting flushed for a young, handsome, richer dude lol. Not of the success she has.

Latest posts

Back