Questions for the Men

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh please there is always a girl C. That girl who is secretly in love with you but thinks she has no chance so she just stays in the wings hoping he will notice her.
Why does girl C get to be a coward? No excuses in 2023.

To Ceno's question: this isn't a quandary most of the men here will ever have to face... but girl A sounds like an infatuation.

Last edited:
At least Ska doesn't cheat! Such loyalty and knows what he want and expects, question, would you be sad that you aren't with the woman you truly love?

I don't know. The situation with Girl A sounds more like lust than love to me. Like it was fast and intense, but more based on looks than having common interests to talk about, and like-mindedness. I might have thought it was love, but that could just be excitement talking.

The situation with Girl B I feel, has more of a chance to turn into love over time. I find that deep feelings like love come from actually liking the person, which can take a while sometimes.

Why does girl C get to be a coward? No excuses in 2023.
Well, to be fair, if the roles were reversed, I would say there was a guy coward. lol
But no excuses? Really? Seems like the more we get into the 2020's, the more excuses people use. There's always something new popping up to excuse everyone for whatever.

I've a qwektion for the men...

The toilet paper roll...

Does it pull from the bottom, or the top? Under or over? What's the correct way? 😏
Well, as a "Real Man", I'd like to counter with....WHO GIVES A TOSS? 😜
Over, under, top, below, sideways, I really don't jave the time to give such an insignificant detail much importance. As long as there IS one.
No compromises on that last part 😉

Okay men! Question from Netflix Academy…

Why is it when men cheat they are generally considered selfish monsters but when women cheat we are given so much excuses like “she had low self-esteem” or “her partner was controlling and she needed an outlet”? Any ideas, is it due to a history of oppression ?

Why is it when men cheat they are generally considered selfish monsters but when women cheat we are given so much excuses like “she had low self-esteem” or “her partner was controlling and she needed an outlet”? Any ideas, is it due to a history of oppression ?

Women are visually the fairer sex, they're more visually appealing to the eye on the general whole of society. For all of the oppression of women throughout history, they have through social evolutionary adaptation learned to adapt to leaning into that. So as women gradually come to the realization that they're attractive, they also have learned how to use that to their advantage. Charismatic people have a higher chance at getting away with lying, BECAUSE they're charismatic. There's actually been dozens of psychological research on it throughout decades. It is trace relevance to psychopathy, but for that matter sociopathy is just a derivative variation of psychopathy, probably because they couldn't call it "psychopathy lite" because that sounds more like a Patrick Bateman type of a beer (from American Psycho).

...aren't they always called "whores" ? At least in my experience, that's the case. Unless it's on tv, which doesn't mirror real life in the LEAST, I know no real life situation where excuses were made to defend said behavior.

Women are visually the fairer sex, they're more visually appealing to the eye on the general whole of society. For all of the oppression of women throughout history, they have through social evolutionary adaptation learned to adapt to leaning into that. So as women gradually come to the realization that they're attractive, they also have learned how to use that to their advantage. Charismatic people have a higher chance at getting away with lying, BECAUSE they're charismatic. There's actually been dozens of psychological research on it throughout decades. It is trace relevance to psychopathy, but for that matter sociopathy is just a derivative variation of psychopathy, probably because they couldn't call it "psychopathy lite" because that sounds more like a Patrick Bateman type of a beer (from American Psycho).
Ooh I like that we are so hot we are allowed to cheat (jokingg) but its an interesting concept.

...aren't they always called "whores" ? At least in my experience, that's the case. Unless it's on tv, which doesn't mirror real life in the LEAST, I know no real life situation where excuses were made to defend said behavior.
Strange no in real life women aren't really called names like men are (where I am from) lol we are given a lot of excuses for our bad behaviour lol like if I said I cheated on my boyfriend ppl would say its his fault he caused me to do it…. By… belittling me? Idk lol

I just wonder why thats a thing, in all reality even if I was awful to my fella he’d never get a excuse for doing the same thing, is it because women are usually propositioned ? Idk.. I was watching a murder documentary that sparked this idea not exactly a drama series.

Ooh I like that we are so hot we are allowed to cheat (jokingg) but its an interesting concept.

I don't think that social constructionism will hold down human nature for forever. Mathematically speaking, it's actually unlikely that it would. The last 5,000 years of academically-acknowledged civilization pales in comparison to the 12,000 year mark of the relative thawing of the last ice age, and the 30,000 year mark which the South African San People and Bushmen as well as the Australian Aboriginals claim to have been around since. Going even further back, if we begin to include our ancestral hominids, we can get to roughly 240,000 years ago via a rare find in Ethiopia named Lucy. Sssooo it really kind of depends on where you want to draw lines, and as for the last 2,000 years? By comparison it's just a bandaid fix. 🫂😔 I'm tired, Cen. Excuse my rambling. Didn't sleep last night, now I'm at work. Anyway, I think that, we'll have to eventually come up with a fair and proper system for everyone. Or rather it would probably be in the best interest for our species to do so.

Strange no in real life women aren't really called names like men are (where I am from) lol we are given a lot of excuses for our bad behaviour lol like if I said I cheated on my boyfriend ppl would say its his fault he caused me to do it…. By… belittling me? Idk lol

I just wonder why thats a thing, in all reality even if I was awful to my fella he’d never get a excuse for doing the same thing, is it because women are usually propositioned ? Idk.. I was watching a murder documentary that sparked this idea not exactly a drama series.
Well...unless people in the UK are totally nuts, I've never heard of a woman getting excused for cheating, or bad behavior. I've heard a LOT if "she's a lying, cheating sack of..." and others of that kind. By an OVERWHELMING margin.
...no? Are we Canadians nuts? Lol.
I thought we were supposed to be the polite one. I guess we should hang up the title.

I think the public opinion is much milder with men on this issue ... like slut shaming

Idk this is a cultural issue quick someone from the UK help me out here, are you seeing slut shaming towards women? Or do you also mainly hear excuses for women cheating and so on? Cant just be me.

I don't think that social constructionism will hold down human nature for forever. Mathematically speaking, it's actually unlikely that it would. The last 5,000 years of academically-acknowledged civilization pales in comparison to the 12,000 year mark of the relative thawing of the last ice age, and the 30,000 year mark which the South African San People and Bushmen as well as the Australian Aboriginals claim to have been around since. Going even further back, if we begin to include our ancestral hominids, we can get to roughly 240,000 years ago via a rare find in Ethiopia named Lucy. Sssooo it really kind of depends on where you want to draw lines, and as for the last 2,000 years? By comparison it's just a bandaid fix. 🫂😔 I'm tired, Cen. Excuse my rambling. Didn't sleep last night, now I'm at work. Anyway, I think that, we'll have to eventually come up with a fair and proper system for everyone. Or rather it would probably be in the best interest for our species to do so.
This is so interesting reading this while eating some bread as I am very unwell I smell like a old peoples home because I drink nothing but soup lately… anywho please make sure you are getting enough rest, so dangerous to work whilst tired ✨

Idk this is a cultural issue quick someone from the UK help me out here, are you seeing slut shaming towards women? Or do you also mainly hear excuses for women cheating and so on? Cant just be me.
Yeah a lot of times my friends will have unfair standards for women. They can't do anything that isn't seen as perfect or that fits in the box as the perfect girl or they are seen as unholy. Basically women cant be unperfect and will be judged for it 389x more

In summery; yes they are slut shamed a lot by males, and shamed in general.

This is so interesting reading this while eating some bread as I am very unwell I smell like a old peoples home because I drink nothing but soup lately… anywho please make sure you are getting enough rest, so dangerous to work whilst tired ✨

I'm not operating machinery, I can do this job half awake. lol. I've fried bigger fish before. Just one of the side effects I have with insomnia is I kinda don't realize what I say until after I say it. And I think the way that I write and talk, almost all entirely from improvisation and stream of consciousness. 😅
Get well soon. 🥺❤️

Latest posts

Back