quotes...sayings....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Run towards your fears. Embrace them. On the other side of your greatest fears lives your greatest life." Robin Sharma

Well that sounded enough gay.

Sanal said:
"Run towards your fears. Embrace them. On the other side of your greatest fears lives your greatest life." Robin Sharma

Well that sounded enough gay.

That quote ain't gay. Ricky Martin is
ZeFace2.png

"I was trained to defend myself, with my brains and my mental health."
-DeadPrez

"Persevere with patience; the inner struggle is the greatest we're ever faced with."
-Infinite

"The function of prayer is not to influence God, but rather to change the nature of the one who prays."
-Soren Kierkegaard

"I gave food to the poor and they called me a saint; I asked why the poor have no food and they called me a communist."
- Dom Helder Camara

"charity needs no recognition, virtue needs no reward"
-Chinese proverb

"What other people think of you is none of your buisness." -Rhiannon

"I have no real problems. I just think I have them." -Anonymous

"Anyone who tries to imprison friendship or love, will cut off the spring that feeds it, and the trapped water will grow stagnant and rank." -The Witch of Portobello, Page: 196

“Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life...You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love.”

-Neil Gaiman

Man has such a predilection for systems and abstract deductions that he is ready to distort the truth intentionally, he is ready to deny the evidence of his senses only to justify his logic. - Fyodor Dostoevsky

“Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes... just be an illusion.”
- Javan

"I will know Love no matter what circumstances the world may give me, no matter how many people choose to turn and walk away. I will find love in the laughter of little children, in the gentleness of animals, in the beauty and glory of Nature, in the knowledge of myself. And when the day comes that I find someone who does not turn away, I will give Love with all my heart. "

-Javan

"Dreams are true while they last, and do we not live in dreams?"

- Alfred Lord Tennyson

"When people talk, listen completely. Most people never listen."
-Ernest Hemingway

"A good will isnt good because of what it effects or accomplishes, it's good in itself. Even if by the upmost effort the good will accomplishes nothing, it would still shine like a jewel for its own sake as something which has its full value in itself" - Kant

“A dying man needs to die, as a sleepy man needs to sleep, and there comes a time when it is wrong, as well as useless, to resist.” (Stewart Alsop)

"know thyself" and "an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" are my 2 personal favourites right now

"A truth that's told with bad intent beats all the lies you can invent."

- William Blake

'What is that noise?'
The wind under the door.
'What is that noise now? What is the wind doing?'
Nothing again nothing.
'Do you know nothing? Do you see nothing? Do you remember nothing?'
I remember ....

-T.S. Elliot (The Wasteland)

"A good character is the best tombstone. Those who loved you and were helped by you will remember you when forget-me-nots have withered. Carve your name on hearts, not on marble." ~Charles H. Spurgeon

Kristen said:
Administrator's note: Due to the originality of the content in this thread it falls under the criteria of "Essential" and hereby shall remain as a historical landmark of aLonelyLife.com in the form of a sticky. Thank You, Kristen!

4th of April 2008
- Robin

-----------------

hi.
Any1 have a motto?of your life...or a day...or today...
do u have any of your own insperational quotes or of another famous people.
**this topic has nothing to do with the meaning of life though.

Is there anything you live by? A philosophy? A rule? For ex: "Enjoy life!"
"Tomorrow is another day."

Or some quotation that u really like or hateand maybe little explanation why. thanks
here are some:
---------------------

By any means necessary (Machiavelli or Malcolm X, take your pick).

I listen to the wind....to the wind of my soul....Cat Stevens

"I will dare to do just what I do. Be just what I am. And dance whenever I want to." -Sabrina Ward Harrison

"Someday this will all make sense."

Whatever it takes

"Getting ahead in a difficult profession requires avid faith in yourself.
That is why some people with mediocre talent, but with great
inner drive,go much further than people with vastly superior talent."
~ Sophia Loren ~

Baby, hit me one more time!

Carpé Diem
- Seize the Day -

"I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge. That myth is more potent than history. I believe that dreams are more powerful than facts, that hope always triumphs over experience, that laughter is the only cure for grief, and that love is stronger than death." - Robert Fulgahm

"Change is never easy. You fight to hold on, you fight to let go."

"Normal people scare me."

"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favor to men of skill: but time and chance happeneth to them all"
~Ecclesiastes 9:11

I don't have a motto...

How do you live your life...
when nobody's watching?

If Me don't wanna, Me not gonna.(this is more like me)

honeysuckle happens.

Heaven won't take me and hell's afraid I'll take over.

OR

i do have a friends my only friends my cigaretters and beer lol,,,you yhink thats alryt?????

"Trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken, but you can still see the crack in that mother ******* reflection."
— Lady Gaga & Beyonce

"We all live with the objective of being happy; our lives are all different and yet the same." - Anne Frank

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

"How can I go back to New York, to Banard, not knowing which ones are Goblins? How can I trust anyone ever again? How dare I marry someone, not really knowing what he is? How can I have friends, real friends with whom I can be open, direct, and truthful? I can't tell the difference between them and us, so I have to assume everyone's a Goblin. I'll have to be alone, always alone, forever alone. Because trusting in anyone could be the end of me. Alone...what kind of life will that be?"

-Dean Koontz (Twilight Eyes, Page: 337)

As I said when I began this story, hope is a constant companion in this life. It is the one thing that neither cruel nature, God, nor other men can wrench from us. Health, wealth, parents, beloved brother and sisters, children, friends, the past, the future-- all can be stolen from us as easily asn unguarded purse. But our greatest treasure, hope, remains. It is a sturdy little motor within, puring, ticking, driving us on when reason would suggest surrender. It is both the most pathetic and noblest thing about us, the most absurd and the most admirable quality we posess, for as long as we have hope we also have the capacity for love, for caring, for decency.

- Dean Koontz (Twilight Eyes, Page: 183)

"Sometimes I feel that all things in this life are subjective, that nothing in the universe can be objectively quantified, qualified-defined, that physicists and carpenters alike are made fools by the assumption that they can weigh and measure the tools and materials with which they work and can arrive at real figures that mean something."

-Dean Koontz (Twilight Eyes, Page: 24)

Not really a saying, more an anecdote (possibly apocryphal) that sort of makes me laugh at the bleak humour of it. Can't remember where I first read it:

There was a poet, old and wise, who was famed for the insight and profundity of his verses. One day, during an interview, his interviewer asked this final question with which to finish the session: "What do you make of it all?" the interviewer asked, standing by a window and giving a sweeping gesture to the city beyond. "All of it. The world. People. Everything. What is the one thing you would say that you have learned above all?"

The poet strode over to the window, and was pensive for a while as he watched outside. "You know," he finally said, more to himself than the interviewer. "There sure are a lot of bastards out there."

Latest posts

Back