quotes...sayings....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"when a man can't explain a womans actions the first thing he thinks about is the condition of her uterus"

-Clare Boothe Luce

"The one you love and the one who loves you are never, ever the same person."

muhahahahaha said:
"If you are here , you are not there"
Some random dude on drug

Well, I guess he sort of has a point... unless you want to get of metaphysical, philosophical or whatever.

Unacceptance said:
Antihero said:
muhahahahaha said:
"If you are here , you are not there"
Some random dude on drug

Well, I guess he sort of has a point... unless you want to get of metaphysical, philosophical or whatever.

Stating the obvious isn't really making a point.

That all depends, but in this case I will agree. Depending on the drug, I'm surprised some addicts make anything resembling sense sometimes at all.

Than again, I'm surprised I make sense sometimes.

"Inspiration comes in the middle of the night when you should be doing homework."

your only as young as you feel,
but i know im not 10 years old.................................... or am i........................
i better ask my mum :p

“The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along.” Rumi

“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.” Rumi

"Slow and Steady doesnot win the race. Its always the fast and the furious who does."

My teacher used to say this all the time comparing it to our lives and the troubles or competitions we have to face everywhere and everytime.

I think he created it and its so true.

“What makes the vanity of others unsufferable is that it wounds our own”.
Francois de La Rochefoucauld

In my opinion vanity (aspiration for superiority) is the root of all human faults tree, "The Original Sin", "The Supreme Evil".

“One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.”

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
mark twain

'If you think of this world as a place intended simply for our happiness, you find it quite intolerable.
Think of it as a place of training and correction, then its not as bad'

'We make them cry who care for us.We cry for those who never care for us.and we care for those who will never cry for us,this is the truth of life,its strange but true.'

'One day at a time' Short but i tell myself this through difficult stagesss lol

These are all from "Conan the Barbarian". Arnie gets a lot of bad press, but I've always thought this movie had some good dialogue.

The Wizard: The gods are pleased with you, they will watch the battle.
Conan: Are they going to help?
The Wizard: No.
Conan: Well, then tell them to stay out of the way.

Subotai: Food... FOOD! I have not eaten for days.
Conan: And who says you will?
Subotai: Give me food, so I have strength when the wolves come. Let me die, not in hunger, but in combat!
Conan: Who are you?
Subotai: [jumps to his feet] I am Subotai! Thief and archer! I am Hyrkanian... the great order of Kerlait!
Conan: So what are you doing here?
Subotai: [holds up chains] Dinner for wolves.
[Conan laughs, Subotai laughs]

Conan's Father: For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts. This you can trust.
[Points to sword]

Subotai: He is Conan, Cimmerian. He won't cry...so I cry for him.

One of my all time favorite actors is Jack Nicholson.

As The Joker in Batman - "Have you ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?"
"Wait'll they get a load of me!"

as Melvin Udall in As Good As It Gets - "Go sell crazy somewhere else. We're all stocked up."

as Will Randall in Wolf - "I've never loved anybody this way. Never looked at a woman and thought, if civilization fails, if the world ends, I'll still understand what God meant."

Latest posts

Back