quotes...sayings....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." - William Shakespeare

“The love that lasts the longest is the love that is never returned.”

“One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.”

“It is better to lose your pride with someone you love rather than to lose that someone you love with your useless pride.”

“To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world.”

“It hurts to love someone and not be loved in return, but what is the most painful is to love someone and never find the courage to let the person know how you feel.”

it scares you to fly,
because you must fall before you can fly

-just me thinking

"In a real dark night of the soul, it is always three o’clock in the morning day after day.”
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"I was like a boy playing on the sea-shore, diverting myself now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscoveredad before me."
Isaac Newton

"The plant grows in the mist and under clouds as truly as under sunshine"
William Ellery Channing

I love that shizz.

“We have two lives . . . the life we learn with and the life we live with after that.

Below is one of my all time favorite passages. If you dont know much about music, you'll want to look up some of the words, as i had to do, to really capture the meaning. It comes from Thomas Pynchon's Entropy:

"And as every good Romantic knows, the soul (spiritus, ruach,
pneuma) is nothing, substantially, but air; it is only natural that warpings in
the atmosphere should be recapitulated in those who breathe it. So over and above the public components—holidays, tourist attractions—there are private meanderings, linked to the climate as if this spell were a stretto pas-
sage in the year's fugue: haphazard weather, aimless loves, unpredicted com-
mitments: months one can easily spend in fugue, because oddly enough,
later on, winds, rains, passions of February and March are never remembered
in that city, it is as if they had never been."

Thomas Pynchon's Entropy is full of symbolism through the use of science and music. it is such an interested fusion of thought; not like anything i have ever read before, but it works beautifully.

went over my head...
guess im not a good romantic.

my favorite quote, from i dont know. maybe i made it up. lol. i dont know.

'the resistance gives me strength, but the struggle makes me stronger.'

if youve ever tried exercising for a few weeks and didnt notice any change. theres a moment where you question if its worth continuing. this quote was always my kind of motivation.

I will have to spend more time with Heretostay's quote.

I think h i's quote sounds familiar, but I can't place it.

This quote speaks to me of life being a journey, an answer to my father's (last) question as to what my goal is in life:

"Not every end is the goal. The end of a melody is not its goal; and yet: if a melody has not reached its end, it has not reached its goal."

So Pardon me while I burst into flames.
I've had enough of the world, and its people's mindless games
So Pardon me while I burn, and rise above the flame
Pardon me, pardon me. I'll never be the same.

- Incubus

"Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you."

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

--Thomas Jefferson

Who's gonna fight for what's right
Who's gonna help us survive
We're in the fight for our lives
And we're not ready to die

Who's gonna fight for the weak
Who's gonna make 'em believe
I've got a hero, I've got a hero
Livin' in me

I'm gonna fight for what's right
Today I'm speaking my mind
And if it kills me tonight
I will be ready to die

A hero's not afraid to give his life
A hero's gonna save me just in time

Hero - Skillet

I don't really read much, but I like some dialogues a lot from Diary by Chuck Palahniuk. Just copying and pasting from website:

When they were in school, Peter used to say that everything you do is a self-portrait. It might look like Saint George and the Dragon or The Rape of the Sabine Women, but the angle you use, the lighting, the composition, the technique, they’re all you. Even the reason why you chose this scene, it’s you. You are every color and brushstroke.

Peter used to say, “the only thing an artist can do is describe his own face.” You’re doomed to being you.
This, he says leaves us free to draw anything, since we’re only drawing ourselves. Your handwriting. The way you walk. Which china pattern you choose. It’s all giving you away.
Everything you do shows your hand.
Everything is a self portrait.
Everything is a diary.

Disconnected said:
"Not every end is the goal. The end of a melody is not its goal; and yet: if a melody has not reached its end, it has not reached its goal."

that is such a good quote. i love it. im always obsessed with the end of the story, or in other words, the end of life. i rarely consider what's going on at present to be very important. but that quote really puts it in perspective. ive never been into music but it seems to describe things so well.

september, autumn skies are closing in
and the mistake your reality
at best has left you broken
with wounds that re-open
on every brink of sleep
and a fire in your heart
that never dies and never seizes

and it goes up in flames
your world is torched away

showered by the embers of your fate
being burned by every
opportunity you threw away
he is regretting every moment
he is regretting every day
fueling the fire, burning desires
which fuel the pain

and it goes up in flames

so let it go up in flames
and the fire in your heart is fueling the pain

Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplacable spark. In the hopeless swamps of the not quite, the not yet, and the not at all, do not let the hero in your soul perish and leave only frustration for the life you deserved, but never have been able to reach. The world you desire can be won, it exists, it is real, it is possible, it is yours.
-Ayn Rand

Obscure_Aspect said:
Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplacable spark. In the hopeless swamps of the not quite, the not yet, and the not at all, do not let the hero in your soul perish and leave only frustration for the life you deserved, but never have been able to reach. The world you desire can be won, it exists, it is real, it is possible, it is yours.
-Ayn Rand

beautiful..

You have messed up
Can't do anything
And I have messed up
Can't do anything
You're just a f**k up
I'm just a f**k up
We're just two f**k ups
At least we're f**ked Up together

Beckoned - Coal Chamber :D

Punisher said: