Ramen Noodles

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The power of ramen will not be silenced!

Shiitake pork ramen recipe (among others)

Name: Shiitake pork ramen
Category: Japanese
Our rating:
Difficulty: Easy
Ready in: 45 minutes

You will need:
- 1 package of ramen noodles
- 2 or 3 pork slices
- 1/2 cup of scallions (sliced)
- 1/2 cup of Shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of bamboo shoots
- 1 egg
- Dried Kelp
- 6 cups of water

How to cook:
The soup broth (Dashi):
1. Soak the Shiitake mushrooms in water for 30 minutes.
2. Put the Shiitake and water in a cooking pot.
3. Heat it (Medium heat).
4. Turn off the heat when the water comes to a boil.
5. Let it stand for 30 minutes.
6. Remove the Shiitake mushrooms with a strainer.
The noodles:
7. Put 2 cups of water in a cooking pot and bring to a boil.
8. Once the water is boiling add your ramen noodles.
9. Wait 2-3 minutes until the noodles are tender and separated.
10. Take off the water with the strainer.
The recipe:
11. Put the egg in a cooking pot, covering it with 1-2 inches of water.
12. Bring to a boil. As soon as the water boils, turn off the heat. Let it sit for 10 minutes, then peel it. Cut the egg in half lengthwise.
13. Put your noodles in the hot soup broth.
14. Add the pork slices, the dried kelp, the egg, the scallions and the bamboo shoots.
15. If you don't want to lose them, you can add the shiitake mushrooms that you used to make your Dashi!
16. Enjoy!

Oh, I love ramen noodles together with a cola. I put some eggs on it and sip a long thread of noodle. lol. I love to play with it. Until my grandmother told me that manufactured goods like noodles are bad for our health because of MSG and preservatives on it. So now, I just eat noodles occasionally.

I liked the ramen noodles I got in Korea best of all. I think I'll go to my local Korean grocery and buy some packages. Yum. Kimchi ramen.

Oceanmist23 said:
Mmmmm stirfried ramen with tofu, onions, red bell peppers, garlic, sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce...

Oh wow, that sounds good. I'm definitely getting a case of ramen today.

how did we get 10 pages on the topic of ramen noodles? somebody trailed off i believe

we did a chapter on nutirition the other day in school and do you know how much sodium is in those cheap top ramen cups? like over a 1/4 of what your supposed to get a day! all in one serving! thats bad for the body!

so no, i dont want any ramen noodles! *sheesh*

Maybe you could get reduced sodium ones? Now that I think of it those things always did make me get real thirsty afterwards. I dunno how we got 10 pages either..that's insane.

We don't call ours Ramen we call them 2 minute noodles, but I like Mi Goreng, instead of one packet of flavouring you get 6 included in it is the flavour, fried onions, palm oil and sugar, a seasoning, and I a sauce.

Believe me you'd convert from Ramen to Mi Goreng in an instant!!!!

samba101 said:
We don't call ours Ramen we call them 2 minute noodles, but I like Mi Goreng, instead of one packet of flavouring you get 6 included in it is the flavour, fried onions, palm oil and sugar, a seasoning, and I a sauce.

Believe me you'd convert from Ramen to Mi Goreng in an instant!!!!

Wow that sounds so much better than freeze dried shrimp =/

VanillaCreme said:
I had the beef flavor tonight. Am I cool or what?

Yes you are, you're a beast now :p

Latest posts

Back