Random Observations, Thoughts, And Dumb Questions Thread

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wailun said:
Alienated said:
So what about this...

If you received a testicle transplant, and you fathered a child.... Who's DNA would the child have ?

I'm assuming in this situation you somehow don't have testicles, and then get 1 from a donor. So in this situation, the child would have 50% of their DNA from the original owner of that testicle :) And the other 50% of their DNA from the child's mother of course :)

That's kinda what I predicted too, it would make sense that way.

So I've seen a few episodes of Beyond Scared Straight. I'm always hoping that one of the prisoners will haul off and just knock one those mouthy teens out, but never do. There are cameras and everything around.

Let me ask you this. If one of the inmates is in that prison for life, then what the hell has he got to lose by knocking one of those little mouthy turd's heads off? Even though they're cuffed, they could still hurt one of those little punks. What are they going to do? Add more years to the inmate's sentence? Whoop de doo!

The only reasonable conclusion I can come up with is that maybe they keep "Lifers" or the more dangerous inmates away and not part of the show for fear of an assault. I don't know.

LoneKiller said:
mates is in that prison for life, then what the hell has he got to lose by knocking one of those little mouthy turd's heads off? Even though they're cuffed, they could still hurt one of those little punks. What are they going to do? Add more years to the inmate's sentence? Whoop de doo!

The only reasonable conclusion I can come up with is that maybe they keep "Lifers" or the more dangerous inmates away and not part of the show for fear of an assault. I don't know.

Prisons have systems in place to reward good prisoners and punish the bad ones, over here you get more privileges but if you cause trouble then you'll end up in solitary confinement unable to associate with any other person.

Of course some prisons just beat the crap out of the bad ones, I'm pretty sure that's enough motivation.

LoneKiller said:

Do any of you feel that time is passing by at an increased rate of speed in your daily life? For some reason, my sense of time appears to be speeding up. The days are going by faster, as well as the years. I only started noticing this within the last year or so. I could be wrong. But I think that we are living in the period of history where the world is going to end real **** soon!

When you were 2 years old, 1 year was the equivalent of half of all the time you'd ever known. When you were 20, 1 year was the equivalent of one 20th of all the time you'd ever known. And so on. That's why time appears to pass quicker as you get older I reckon

LoneKiller said:

Do any of you feel that time is passing by at an increased rate of speed in your daily life? For some reason, my sense of time appears to be speeding up. The days are going by faster, as well as the years.

Yes, I do. I think that's pretty normal.

A Dumb Question Many Drug Users Ask Their Dealer:

Buyer: Hey man. Just lookin' to pick up a couple grams.
Dealer: No Problem. Just got some new stuff in yesterday.
Buyer: Really! Is it any good?
Dealer: Best in town!

I've been to my fair share of drug dealer's houses in my time, and this chat happens often.

Of course the dealer is going to say it's good!! What do you expect
him or her to say? "..Oh! This honeysuckle sucks! Don't buy this!.." c'mon.

LoneKiller said:
Do any of you feel that time is passing by at an increased rate of speed in your daily life? For some reason, my sense of time appears to be speeding up. The days are going by faster, as well as the years. I only started noticing this within the last year or so. I could be wrong. But I think that we are living in the period of history where the world is going to end real **** soon!

I feel that time is flying by. In fact, I live my life constantly racing around as if I have to beat the clock because I know my time will end. It has gotten increasingly worse as I've gotten older. My mother on the other hand, has told me on many occasions that her life runs very slowly. That a day seems never ending and the dragging time gets worse the older she gets.

LoneKiller said:
Has anyone ever seen the movie "Happiness"? I was floored. That is one raunchy movie, but intriguing as hell. It would be pretty inappropriate to tell how gross the ending was. What a frickin' odd film that was.

I have watched that movie numerous times. It's over-the-top offensive and bizarre. I thought it was hilarious and there was never a dull moment. Completely entertaining. I love weird stories.

It's usually a bad sign when I find myself listening to "Siegfried's Funeral March"...Richard Wagner. You gotta have self-destructive tendencies to find that piece attractive.

LoneKiller said:

I heard this explained once as, when you were younger, you were introduced to more new things often. So life seemed to have more novelty. The days had more variety. When you get older, you're more likely to fall into a routine where every day feels the same. Less noteworthy things stick out in your mind to mark the passage of time.

I remember when I was a kid, summer vacation was awesome - almost 3 whole months to do whatever you want. Now 3 months passes like 3 weeks.

The pandemic is different though. It's only been a year, but it feels like it's been several. But at the same time, it also feels like time is speeding up too, like life is passing even faster now cause we can't do the things we want to do.

Anyway just my take on it.

Latest posts

Back