Rating Yourself

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ak5 said:
I'm none of the above lol.

Never been in a relationship, zero friends, all I have is my family.

Same with my case. I would be a "four," but without friends online.

Not being the type who wants to be pigeon-holed or classified (society already does enough judging) I shall simply say this - I'm Awesome :p

Lonely in BC said:
Not being the type who wants to be pigeon-holed or classified (society already does enough judging) I shall simply say this - I'm Awesome :p

Good answer! :)

I think I rank at about a 4. My best friend is my sister, I've never been in a relationship (and never will be, I assure you), and I have very few friends. I'm just too awkward to really be social and viewed as "normal."

Never is a strong word, Lombax. Despite however big the social obstacle is you'll get people coming into your life - via school, via work, etc - just so long as you don't completely retreat from others. Whatever it is that makes you "not normal" are virtues to someone. Just keep trying. :)

Thanks for the encouragement, IambicBlonde! And I hope that perhaps I will find someone who appreciates and honors my "virtues." :)

Most of the reason behind my words "and never will be" have to do with my odd sense of morals ("odd" in comparison to those held by most of the modern world's peoples). I'm a terrible prude, and the whole concept of romantic relationships kind of disgusts me. I would, however, like to have a lifelong friend whom I can rely on, since I am a very dependent person. Something kind of like a lifelong companion, or a partner--sans the romantic part.

Since that is probably not possible in society (though I don't see anything wrong with it), that whole aspect of my future really scares me.

Oh, well now that you're more specific about it, yes, that does make it more difficult. But even that isn't unheard of. If you don't mind me asking, what is it about romance (or did you mean physical intimacy) that you dislike? And even how you feel about that could change, despite however certain you are about it now. Speaking for myself I spent my entire 20's alone. Using my intellect to convince myself that being a loner was something to be proud of. After a few years I wised up and became honest with myself and the reality in which I lived. Perhaps it's different for you. I'm sure you have your own circumstances, personality and reasons that has led you to this conclusion. I guess all I'm saying is that I think it's still too early yet for you to resign yourself to a lonely fate. I didn't fall in love til my mid-thirties, and even that was an accident. What you're seeking may be more challenging, but when you get to my age maybe you'll be searching for/or will have found something completely different.

Uhh.. I have never officially been in a relationship. Was with a girl of whom I had lots of sex with and spent 3 years with, but no official titles. Hence why I am still not with her.

Anyway I guess I am a 4? Or was it five? Anyway low on the scale.

:p I have no problem finding more reasons to hate myself.

Not sure. I have been in relationships, but I'm not very sociable. Don't have many friends or family support. Where do I put myself...

none of the above. i've been in a relationship, zero friends, only family (sister and mother)

Latest posts

Back