relationships are

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EveWasFramed said:
oopsiedoop said:
I don't know what you're saying. You're the type of person, the selfish kind, who makes relationships hell. We're not animals, or well even animals have social needs, most of them. So you're ignorant as well. They might not be monogomous, I think that's what you're referring to, but they also live in the jungle, where people like you belong.

I'm pretty sure you've already been asked not to call names, so let's not let this get out of hand, OK?

It's okay. It made me smile.

Humans and animals are living creatures.

Humans aren't animals. This is why we have the term 'human'.

Your view on relationships is also too cynical. I completely disagree.

Humans CAN be animalistic though. Sometimes, humans can be "worse" than animals. I see his point, but I don't necessarily agree with how he laid it out.
We all, humans and animals, have the potential to be predators, have the potential to be inhuman.

EveWasFramed said:
I'm pretty sure you've already been asked not to call names, so let's not let this get out of hand, OK?

I was referring to the selfishness he identified himself as. If he's proud of it, what should I do? Be proud of him too?

Callie said:
We all, humans and animals, have the potential to be predators, have the potential to be inhuman.

If humans are inhuman they don't belong in human societies. That was my point. And in fact that's why we have jails. I would put a lot more people in there though. In fact most. I wonder though what activates potentials for one or the other in people. I grew up in an abusive family and it made me very sensitive to others. Maybe because there was rhetoric about how much they cared that I had to believe to survive and now try desperately to hold on to? That's my theory.

oopsiedoop said:
EveWasFramed said:

I was referring to the selfishness he identified himself as. If he's proud of it, what should I do? Be proud of him too?

Callie said:

If humans are inhuman they don't belong in human societies. That was my point. And in fact that's why we have jails. I would put a lot more people in there though. In fact most. I wonder though what activates potentials for one or the other in people. I grew up in an abusive family and it made me very sensitive to others.

ummm...don't get snippy with me. It was your "ignorant" comment I was referring to.

oopsiedoop said:
EveWasFramed said:

Stop assuming you know what he is thinking. You don't. Quite frankly, from everything I've experienced, it's usually those so eager to call others ignorant that are actually full of ignorance. Just saying.

oopsiedoop said:
If humans are inhuman they don't belong in human societies. That was my point. And in fact that's why we have jails. I would put a lot more people in there though. In fact most. I wonder though what activates potentials for one or the other in people. I grew up in an abusive family and it made me very sensitive to others. Maybe because there was rhetoric about how much they cared that I had to believe to survive and now try desperately to hold on to? That's my theory.

It's not for YOU to decide who belongs where.

Also, you don't have to like everything everyone says, but I really don't see how that would mean you think you have the right to insult them.... Not everyone is going to think or believe the same why you do and that's their right.

Oopsie, I find you to be one of the most judgmental posters on here. You are no better than he is.

Stereotypes aren't necessarily, or good. There are some truths to some of them, but they don't encompass all. Like, say I met a Republican...would I assume he was a sexist pig bigot, like Santorum?

Also, the prisons are overcrowded. When they throw someone in prison for stealing music for 50 years, and someone who commits murder, actually KILLS someone, gets half that sentence...yes, I do believe I'm jaded, too. I feel that the government is trying their best to criminalize perfectly normal activity, and they're doing a **** good job at scaring everyone at the same time.

Just like the other thread that you insulted everyone in, there is never a time or place for insulting someone. If you were abused, that doesn't mean you have to become the abuser. That makes you a bully, and not a very nice person...and certainly not someone that should be giving advice to depressed and lonely people.

oopsiedoop said:

You call all of your thrilling attitudes having sensitivity towards others? Throwing more people in jail is not having any sort of sensitivity to the people or their situations. You have no idea what anyone could be jailed for. It could be something such as petty theft, or having to fight for their lives.

Quite a sensitive theory you got there though.

How amazing is this?!?

dinosaur-toy.jpg

Eww. I wouldn't ride him for a million bucks. Maybe a playmate tho :p

Callie said:
Hoffy said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
It was a joke. :p

I know, I'm just playing along ;)

Oh so you're really gonna say you wouldn't actually take a playmate???? (wary)

Edit- bloody hell. I read honeysuckle wrong all the ******* time.
Only if it's you Callie (hello) :p

Latest posts

Back