/sigh... still single

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Papabear

Reaction score
Well, Thanksgiving was another "lonely" holiday. I spent it with my family and one of my best friends came over (he's got an apartment in town alone with no family here).

My brother who lives in Chicago couldn't make it down. He sent me a text after he talked to my dad about how I had friend over asking "Hey, so do you actually like girls?"

I know he was just giving me a hard time because at 23 I still have friends coming over to eat thanksgiving with my 'rents. I have to say that it really hit a soft spot though.

I'm really tired of being single, of there being a MAJOR lack of single women in my town (see my thread about it if you question it), and I'm tired of being the only single one out of pretty much everyone around me or that I spend time with.

fresia holidays.

Yeah, family can do wonders for pouring salt in the gaping wound. lol, I had dinner with my mom. We watched T.V. And tried not to talk. Blue PLanet marathon was on. I know how awkward it could be. And if it helps im about to turn 23 in two mo, with no chance of meeting anyone. But still, there's always hope, right? Maybe a nice cowboy lives just around the bend. . .Or maybe the girl of your dreams is currently becoming best friends with one of your friends. . .or his girlfriend? Ya never know. After all, it is the holidays.

I know the feeling :\
I was invited over by my Fire Chief for the evening along with a couple other guys from our department. We had a nice dinner and watched a couple of movies. I figured out that I'm Thankful for having good enough friends to want me over for Thanksgiving...but I still wish I could have just one holiday someday where I've got a girl with me.

I know if I'd been at my parents house they'd have probably pulled out the good ol' "So when are you gonna get a girlfriend? You're 21 now." routine.

Papabear, That sucks man. This is why I ent into family any longer on account they can be insensitive fucks. used to be nothing they say would get to me. But when your all ready feeling bad about something ppl never seem to meas an opportunity to stick the knife in do they. Good that you have a friend come over tho :)

Am already dreading the christmas holidays coming. I used to think it was the beast time of the year. Now I think its the worst time of the year.

It's probably why I'm getting triggers like a matha.
It's probably also reasons why I kind of isolated myself this past
year. I didn't wanted to be reminded of the things I don't
have that I used to have.

I see a couples at the park play balls with their children
When I'm out in public I see couples everywhere.

Now, during the holidays...it's right under my own roof.
My siblings with thier partners and children.

**** it...you can run but you can't hide.

I need to get my honeysuckle together and move to the freaken beach where all the
single people hang out.

Papabear said:
Well, Thanksgiving was another "lonely" holiday. I spent it with my family and one of my best friends came over (he's got an apartment in town alone with no family here).

My brother who lives in Chicago couldn't make it down. He sent me a text after he talked to my dad about how I had friend over asking "Hey, so do you actually like girls?"

I know he was just giving me a hard time because at 23 I still have friends coming over to eat thanksgiving with my 'rents. I have to say that it really hit a soft spot though.

I'm really tired of being single, of there being a MAJOR lack of single women in my town (see my thread about it if you question it), and I'm tired of being the only single one out of pretty much everyone around me or that I spend time with.

fresia holidays.

Ummmmm, what city is that? I need to move there. :D

lovehurtme said:
Papabear said:

fresia holidays.

Ummmmm, what city is that? I need to move there. :D

...owensboro ky... you move here... better contact me or 1 of the other 10 nice guys in town. This town is FULL of abusive hicks. More than enough stories around here of girls who get beat regularly by their boyfriends but won't leave them due to some twilight zone mentality this town has.

One of my best friends, who happens to be a girl... a few weeks ago "yeah... I know he treats me like complete honeysuckle, but oh well." A straight quote there... almost all women here are like that.

^^^^That is sad. I kind of understand those women though. I have dated guys that were not good to me.

Latest posts

Back