Social Problems

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IGETNONE

Reaction score
why is it so ******* hard to be accepted by people even though some people nowadays are complete dumbasses who have nothing better to do, except drink or do drugs, cause im in High School. And I have to say i've never done drugs (so far) and i have drank but i don't want to be like those kind of people. I don't know if this makes but yeah thats pretty much it.

IGETNONE said:
and i have drank but i don't want to be like those kind of people.

Then don't be like them. It's as simple as that. Stay away from those people and don't let them influence you. You don't have to do what they do to have friends. Just do your own thing and look for people who are a bit like you...and you'll be alright. :)

----Steve

Find other types who dont fit in (try the geeky sorts) and try to hang out with them.

Otherwise just grit your teeth and tough it out til you're done. You'll be in a way better starting position once real life starts. Trust me, I was there only a few years ago.

Problems you might have/I had:

-Social awkwardness
-Feelings of 'missing out' now and then

Problems they'll have:

-Children ten years too early
-Alcohol or drug addictions
-Lack of direction after spending their childhood looking about 5 minutes in to the future

If you ask me, it's a pretty easy choice if you can consciously make it.

This is a really important time in your life right now, even though you probably don't realize it. If you are not compatible with people at school, find your own interests outside school. Get involved in sport, music whatever! Once you start excelling people will notice, your confidence will attract people.

Latest posts

Back