The Hardest Thing That You Ever Went Through In Life?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
Hey!

What was the hardest thing that you have ever experienced in your life? The hardest thing I've ever done was quitting drugs and alcohol. I can't tell you how many times relapsed. There's also trying to shake the feelings of guilt I had for all the pain I caused because of my addiction.

Have any of you gone through anything in life that was very difficult to get passed?

God Bless.
LK

LoneKiller said:
Hey!

What was the hardest thing that you have ever experienced in your life? The hardest thing I've ever done was quitting drugs and alcohol. I can't tell you how many times relapsed. There's also trying to shake the feelings of guilt I had for all the pain I caused because of my addiction.

I've never been addicted to anything LK I couldn't imagine what that must have been like. I have been (and am) on the other side of having to watch someone I care for battle an addiction.

That must have been quite an accomplishment.

lonelyfairy said:
Attempting suicide.

Glad it didn't happen fairy. I'm sure a lot of people are. :)

Felix said:
yes bullying.

and my grampa's death.

The media portrays bullying as an increasingly troublesome problem that has been around forever. To remove it from schools in the least would be wonderful.

The passing of loved ones is always hard. We can only love them for who they were and attempt to live in ways they might approve of. I have almost no extended family anymore but am happy to have known most of them.

My mother was bipolar and addicted to prescription medication. She was married to my anger ridden and alcoholic father. My parents divorced after my mother's first suicide attempt. I wasn't there for that one. I visited her at the hospital until she was released, she was held against her will as a danger to herself and others. After that I had my life's dream which I had worked so hard for forcibly removed and made impossible. My mother tried to kill herself again, with knives this time. I was there for this one and had to call the police. I visited her in the hospital until she was released. By the third time she tried I told her I wasn't going to visit her anymore until she stopped this and got better.

She got better and became a wonderful mother after that. Which is good because then I suffered a series of interesting events that resulted in me being hospitalized and medicated. She visited. I couldn't work on my medication and lost my job. Lost my insurance and my medicine. Didn't have anywhere but my car to live for a while.

And now I'm here. :D

FunkyBuddha said:
LoneKiller said:
Hey!

I've never been addicted to anything LK I couldn't imagine what that must have been like. I have been (and am) on the other side of having to watch someone I care for battle an addiction.

That must have been quite an accomplishment.

lonelyfairy said:
Attempting suicide.

Glad it didn't happen fairy. I'm sure a lot of people are. :)

Felix said:
yes bullying.

and my grampa's death.

The media portrays bullying as an increasingly troublesome problem that has been around forever. To remove it from schools in the least would be wonderful.

The passing of loved ones is always hard. We can only love them for who they were and attempt to live in ways they might approve of. I have almost no extended family anymore but am happy to have known most of them.

My mother was bipolar and addicted to prescription medication. She was married to my anger ridden and alcoholic father. My parents divorced after my mother's first suicide attempt. I wasn't there for that one. I visited her at the hospital until she was released, she was held against her will as a danger to herself and others. After that I had my life's dream which I had worked so hard for forcibly removed and made impossible. My mother tried to kill herself again, with knives this time. I was there for this one and had to call the police. I visited her in the hospital until she was released. By the third time she tried I told her I wasn't going to visit her anymore until she stopped this and got better.

She got better and became a wonderful mother after that. Which is good because then I suffered a series of interesting events that resulted in me being hospitalized and medicated. She visited. I couldn't work on my medication and lost my job. Lost my insurance and my medicine. Didn't have anywhere but my car to live for a while.

And now I'm here. :D

I can't even begin to imagine the pain you must have suffered. I admire your strength. My mother has never attempted suicide, but after reading this post of yours, I can imagine what she went through when I cut my wrist wide open years ago. I'm not proud of it, but after I cut my wrist and was admitted to the hospital this prick janitor looked at me and said that suicide is for the weak. I couldn't believe my ******* ears. I'm no tough guy, but it's pricks like that who have never tried to kill themselves yet have the audacity to make a remark like that are setting themselves up for a ass kicking. I lost my cool and and kicked him in the face which ended me up in the AOU for a week.

Well I'm glad I never felt suicidal, that has to be one of the worse feelings, if not the worst... I like living, no matter how miserable I feel lol

Felix said:
Well I'm glad I never felt suicidal, that has to be one of the worse feelings, if not the worst... I like living, no matter how miserable I feel lol

"But all I want to do is live
No matter how miserable it is"

You're post just made me think about those lyrics. God I love them. Sometimes I need to hear them and they always make me feel like crying and I don't know why.

Anyway I don't have a lot to add here because anything I could say would be way too private.

Tough call, there have been so many... Probably have to say my marriage tho.

Everytime I go through a difficult situation...at that piont in time
It is the most diffiucult thing to me in the world.

As it is now.
I've put my heart, soul, livelyhood and everything on the line.
I've travel far and wide. Begged and pleaded.
I would give up my life for her's

annik said:
You're post just made me think about those lyrics. God I love them. Sometimes I need to hear them and they always make me feel like crying and I don't know why.

Anyway I don't have a lot to add here because anything I could say would be way too private.

Regardless of your situation you have support from ALL, where there are no deaf ears.

I hope that can ease or comfort you in some way. :/

Naming just one would somehow seem to take away validity from all of the others.

Having lived with my mother for nearly 18 years. If anything destroyed nearly every part of my being, it's that.

Latest posts

Back