The "Luck" Factor

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's all chaos and luck to me...and a thing I call 'inherent sympathy'. Which isn't some absolute factor though. People like each other for the strangest reasons. A classmate who knew me only as a friend's friend told me once that she always found me sympathetic and I was completely clueless because we had almost no interaction during 6 years of school...so that's that.

DariusArgent said:
Just because you contact them through the internet doesn't mean that you cannot meet them face to face.

It does make a difference for some. There are people (including myself) who can loosen up easily on the internet once they get going, but take an awful lot of time in real life to get comfortable in social situations. I'd say I even had my own internet personality for a while...and it would've been quite shocking if some my gaming friends from the old days met me in real life and were confronted with the real me.

A good friend of mine met up with these people though and he told me the interaction was riddled with awkward silence...I know it would've been the same for me.

ladyforsaken said:
Is it good luck? It doesn't happen so much in real life though. And people always leave me at some point. So the luck comes and goes I guess? I see it as bad, been hurt too many times to think of it as good with people coming and making it seem like they really like me only to ditch me afterwards. It hurts. So I can't consider it good luck.

This is why I can't promise anything to anyone anymore. It's too scary to think that I could break my promises. Day-to-day is best.

Latest posts

Back