The "Spending 14th of february alone" Club!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
brickinthewall said:
Sorry to hear that Theresa , wasn't very nice of your ex.I realize that after a few years with someone it gets harder and harder to pick out a gift for that one occasion but when all else fails just buy flowers , everyone likes flowers , I guess?

But it sounds like you're not gonna have such a bad day after all , I mean you're gonna be playing the violin , that's awesome :).

Hey Michael, thanks :)
I thought about my post later and realized I can give a hug and smooch on That Day to my precious 4 year old, who has taught me more about love than anyone.
We should all log into the forum next Monday, that way we won't be alone; virtual friends are sometimes just as good or even better than friends that you can see and touch :)

Teresa

Sign me up, too. It's been this way all my life, so I always try to find things to fill my time. Thank God the day is not lecture-free at school.

Good idea, Teresa! I only wonder what the plan of action for Monday is.

Really? Here I'd think monday would be a great day for valentines day since you'll just be distracted with how much it sucks to go to work after the weekend and forget about the entire thing in the process. :)

SofiasMami said:
brickinthewall said:
Sorry to hear that Theresa , wasn't very nice of your ex.I realize that after a few years with someone it gets harder and harder to pick out a gift for that one occasion but when all else fails just buy flowers , everyone likes flowers , I guess?

But it sounds like you're not gonna have such a bad day after all , I mean you're gonna be playing the violin , that's awesome :).

Hey Michael, thanks :)
I thought about my post later and realized I can give a hug and smooch on That Day to my precious 4 year old, who has taught me more about love than anyone.
We should all log into the forum next Monday, that way we won't be alone; virtual friends are sometimes just as good or even better than friends that you can see and touch :)

Teresa

Awwww Theresa,,,,Your words just warmed my heart. Yup, our kids do teach us what love is, even when our partners mess up, "big-time" and a BIG, amen to the value of our cyber buddies as well! :)

Limlim said:
Really? Here I'd think monday would be a great day for valentines day since you'll just be distracted with how much it sucks to go to work after the weekend and forget about the entire thing in the process. :)

Is just a double sadness for me.

Well at least i'm going to be with family that sunday... but I know Saturday I'll be bored because all my friends will be out with their dates =\ and yes I know valentines day is that monday. Because I'm missing yet another dance/school event because I'm not going to go alone.

well i have never had a valentine and i'll be 26 soon. i have always hated that day.

i guess that makes me a member too :p ...do we get a free t-shirt? lol its just another day

I've never really felt alone on Valentine's Day. It's a martyred saint's feast day and also the day when the Valentine's Day (der?) Massacre happened. The holiday is a commercial thing and one of Hallmark's biggest moneymakers. As a friend of mine says on 14 Feb: "Happy Hallmark Day!"

Anyway, I've got half the day off tomorrow and will spend the second half studying for the GRE.

Latest posts

Back