The Stick-and-Carrot Challenge

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stranger

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Remember when you were little, your parents would promise you a treat for doing something good? "Clean your room and you can have a cookie" or, "Finish your homework before 8pm and I'll take you to the park after". If you failed the task, you didn't get the reward. Hmm let's forget the "stick" schemes like "get off Playstation now or you won't get any supper" :p

I have to work (study) on my own for this whole summer (May-August), and I've been really struggling with self-discipline so far. I want to resort to this basic "carrot" system to force myself to buckle down and do what needs to be done. I'd like to post the deal of the week here to make it official and prevent myself from cheating ;).

If you have the same problem, then join the fun! Make challenge-and-reward deals with yourself, and post them here! Then edit the post to let everyone know if you've succeeded and got to treat yourself. Good luck! :D

Challenge #1: If I work in the library for 4hrs tomorrow, I will do crafts in the evening.
Challenge #2: If I complete 15 hours of work in 5 days (by Monday evening), I will go to the cinema on Tuesday, the Cheap Movie Day :D

(The results I expect to obtain from 15 hours are kind of technical, so I won't post them here... made a paper note, though)

Latest posts

Back