this is such a philosophical site

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok. glad you like it? For some reason smart people tend to be lonely. Not that that's exclusive, of course. Just a trend I've noticed. Of course... I'm not trying to say I'm smart because I'm lonely. But a lot of other people here happen to be both.

Am I speaking sense-making words?

ya, being lonely gives you a lot of time to think. Andi've always though of you as pretty smart Qui

evanescencefan91 said:
ya, being lonely gives you a lot of time to think. Andi've always though of you as pretty smart Qui

o rele? I'm flattered :]
You always seem like you'd be fun to chill with.

too bad we're on opposite sides of the country.

Too bad smart people are lonely! Could it be we think we much that we tend to do less stupid and outrageous things?? Guess too logical is not always a good thing!

zcbml said:
Too bad smart people are lonely! Could it be we think we much that we tend to do less stupid and outrageous things?? Guess too logical is not always a good thing!

overthinking=bad in social situations

I don't think we would be so lonely if we shut our brains down while talking to people and instead of words just said things like mmmhhhhmmmm and uhhhuhhhh

*shrugs*

im lonely, doesnt mean im going to read books lol. i still do things, just most of the time i do it alone.

Also, theres a difference to inteligence and being smart, like you can be heaps smart acedemically, yet you make very stupid life decisions. smart to me isnt knowing alot of things, its the decisions you make in life that make you smart.

I've been getting my crazy on lately...
must say, turning the brain off feels pretty good.
But then I feel rather stupid later, like "I did what!?"
but it's all good.

Qui said:
I've been getting my crazy on lately...
must say, turning the brain off feels pretty good.
But then I feel rather stupid later, like "I did what!?"
but it's all good.
I often enter periods of intellectual reflection, allowing my intuition to guide my thoughts temporarily. It often culminates in my accepting an invitation to some absurd social gathering (like a barbeque - what's the particular appeal of cooking food outside? It seems singularly primitive, not that that's necessarily a bad thing), and immediately regretting it upon realising the social callisthenics involved! My subconscious clearly has no respect for my introverted nature...

spuzzwink said:
I often enter periods of intellectual reflection, allowing my intuition to guide my thoughts temporarily. It often culminates in my accepting an invitation to some absurd social gathering (like a barbeque - what's the particular appeal of cooking food outside? It seems singularly primitive, not that that's necessarily a bad thing), and immediately regretting it upon realising the social callisthenics involved! My subconscious clearly has no respect for my introverted nature...

I'm the same way.

In a physical sense, calisthenics are difficult and painful, but they serve to make you stronger. This is true for social calisthenics as well. It hurts at first, but the more you do it the easier it becomes. Think of it as confidence exercise. It's hard, but as they say, no pain no gain.

Sheesh! What a stupid expression! :p

Latest posts

Back