Thread for Metal Heads. What are you listening to?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pheenix said:
Their reissue of this album is sorta wonky, on the really meaty and dirty songs, (that is, pretty much only this one,) the new sound does wonders, but on their more sharp and groovy songs, it makes the metaphorical blade a little too dull.

Most remixed/remastered Metal albums have the life sucked out of them to sound more modern. Especially in the drums. Take the remastered Peace Sells album by Megadeth for example. The thrashy 80's production of the original is replaced with so much compression and missing reverb, that it severely lacks the feel of the original from 1986. However, the remixed version of Rust in Peace has several significant changes in production that were much needed in the original, and they improve the dynamism of the album throughout. The 2002 remixed/remastered versions of Ozzy's The Blizzard of Ozz, and Diary of a Madman were awful, because of the overdubbed bass and drum tracks. As for Bark at the Moon, I think both original and remixed versions sound well, though I will always prefer an original master when it comes to any Metal album.

Yeah, it's annoying you have to dig deep in order to find out which issue to choose. Strapping Young Lad's City reissue was also awful because the edge was taken off an album that got popular for being raw aggression in one of it's most concentrated forms. I always listen to that album on grooveshark now to get the better production.

some Blazebirth Hall

[video=youtube]
[video=youtube]
[video=youtube]

Never liked NSBM bands..most new black metal is a tasteless recycling of the second wave that insists upon an established impression, in my honest opinion. Just saying.

Raven Dark's Berustet av Kriegsdronnet is excellent

Some of those Blazebirth Hall bands had at least I few albums I would consider top notch BM, such as Forest's A Blaze Above The Ashes. I haven't listened to much NSBM though, it's not something I go out of my way to seek.

Relatively modern bands may be derivative as all hell but we're talking about BM here, lets face it. Bands like Akitsa, Vlad Tepes/Belketre and Peste Noire have produced some distinctive stuff I would consider on par with anything in the Norwegian second wave, as much as love Immortal, Burzum, Darkthrone, Mayhem etc.

Have you listened to Drudkh or Wolves in the Throne Room?

Ah, 'tis a classic.

[youtube]bJBjWpas0q4[/youtube]

Drudkh's Autumn Aurora is really good. The WITTR i've heard isn't my style, unfortunately.

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

I'm really looking forward to the new album from Sanctuary.

Pheenix said:
If you haven't tried it, Blood in Our Wells is good as well.

I checked that band out on youtube, they have some great material, my kind of black metal. It makes me want to start listening to BM again, but I'll have to wait 'til winter to do that.

New Animals as Leaders track streamed on YouTube if anyone is into that. I find it very relaxing, and that's all it needs to be, but it's not aoty material.
[Epilepsy warning]
[youtube]xYbu9YRzD3Y[/youtube]

Also, I'm just gonna leave this here.

image.php

And if someone is planning to go "hardcore =/= metal" on me, I will nail to to a wall. I don't care, they sound similar, and I like punk too :D

Fvantom said:
cant link -__-

like this...
I miss spell youtube on purpose.
Notice the back slash.
paste in the charactors after the equaltion mark.

[yuutube]ql1zjv5fEok[/yuutube]

[youtube]ql1zjv5fEok[/youtube]

Latest posts

Back