To go or not to go , that is the question.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Masson

Reaction score
I got a job offer in another country (100% legit ). Everything is good and dandy even my dad went there ,now today he called me and gave me some world-breaking news. He said I shouldn't go there because the job isn't hard per-say but you have to spend around 8-10 hours a day going all over the place etc and its extremely exhausting so I should focus on college.

Now there's a problem here because we pretty much settled that were doing this , we even sold the apartment ,I have to pay rent right now until I leave , we even sold the car because we don't need it there and we needed the money.
So basically I have nothing here anymore.

I feel a bit let down that my own dad thinks I can't manage this job , even if he does it as a parent to protect me but this is not the point of the thread , it's just to get it off my chest.

The problem is that I have to choose to not listen to him and still go there and yeah probably it's going to be hard at first but were humans after all , I will adapt to it eventually or try getting in a college here. The college part is also tricky because I missed the sign ups for now because I thought I'm leaving the country so I'l have to wait 3 months and then try , also my best friend is taking hes exams this week for a college in another city and if he fails he will try in another city where I also want to go, so if the gods are merciful that will happen and we can get a place together there.

I have to think about all of this until tomorrow night when my dad calls again.

So bottom line what should I choose , these are some life changing decisions so I don't want to rush into them. On one hand I want to go in another country and work with my dad because we've planned this for at least 6 months hence the sold place and car but I also want to stay here with my friends and now after what he told me I have a reason to stay here.

I'm not asking for opinions necessarily , just getting it all out and speaking my mind here.

Personally, being as you've said that this was already a "set in stone" plan, I would go and have a stab at it - how bad can it really be???
Given the current state of the world, jobs are not in ample supply and if there is one available, even if it means hard graft and long hours, it will certainly be worth it.
If you don't like it, but can live with it, then at least it is money in the bank, a new experience and looks great on the old Curriculum Vitae!!!

Ultimately your choice though, but I hope this aids your decision in some way.

All the best!

I'll go. Work experience matters a lot more than college, and if its in another country, there are all sorts of additional experiential benefits like being able to be immersed in another culture and learning another language. If its hard, you'll learn to deal and that's a good thing.

Is your dad successful?

Latest posts

Back