Update- Revelations and Healing

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesse

Reaction score
Hey everybody, just wanted to stop in and give an update. I've only been away for two weeks (I have snuck in from time to time to reference some of my poems), but have had some major breakthroughs. I've found insight into myself, released burdens I've carried my entire life, and found new perspective on life itself.

Life

I've found myself caught in a money trap. I go to work so I can pay for my car so I can go to work. What is this never ending cycle of unfulfillment? (is that a word?) Everyone is doing it. We go to work so we can get money so we can buy food, shelter, and things. Obviously food and shelter are necessary for survival, but mankind- particularly the wealthy nations- have associated happiness with material possessions and status.

It isn't about things. I work nearly two weeks out of a month to pay for my car and its required insurance coverage. I've spent thousands of dollars on computer equipment, cable, internet, fast food, and all sorts of things. There's nothing wrong with having things, but I withdrew more and more from people to spend more time with my games, computers, etc.

My goal now is to figure out how to live a simpler life less dependent on money and things and to focus on my relationships with people because that's all that really matters in this life.

Burdens Lifted

I was molested as a kid. The man who did this to me also did the same and worse to his own children (my cousins). I spent a lot of time with my cousins as a kid and sometimes we'd build tents inside the house out of blankets and chairs. My cousins wanted to play house.. which apparently involved them touching me and wanting me to touch them back. We were so young, pure and innocent.. violated by a man the family trusted.

A couple years later my stepdad took the family to Michigan for a vacation. We stayed at his brother's house. His brother had two daughters. I was still young and innocent and decided to play house with one of the daughters. We didn't get caught... however..

A few years later my stepdad's brother came to ohio to visit. His brother's wife took me aside from everyone else and said, "I know". I asked what she was talking about. She said, "I know", with a stern, intimidating look on her face. It all came back to me. Ever since that day I've felt dirty, evil, bad. I felt like a villain. Not only that but my stepdad was a nightmare in bodily form. I lived in abject terror of him finding out and what he would in turn do to me. I've lived in fear and dread and thought about what I did every single day for years and never told a soul about it.

Finally, last night, it came out. I couldn't hold it in anymore. I broke down and confessed it all to my mom- everything- and with my confession came the realization... I was just a kid. I must have been around 8 years old. It wasn't my fault. A huge burden has been lifted.

Insight into Myself

Many of you know the troubles I've had with dating. I've had a major realization. It seems that it's up to the men to initiate physical contact on a date. I've always had trouble doing this and I never knew why, not until now. I was touched against my will as a kid. For years I've lived in guilt and shame for touching someone else while playing house. Can you make the connection as to why I have so much trouble even trying to hold a girl's hand on a date? I am unable to tell if she wants me to do that and after all I've been through, there's no way in hell I'd ever want to touch someone if they didn't want me to. I finally understand what's kept me from trying for a kiss, a hug, or touching someone at all even in a non-sexual way. This carried over to not just dates but family as well. I've always avoided hugging people or getting to close and now I get it and as I write, another healing tear falls. If I had a life free from the influence of evil, maybe I wouldn't have turned out good.

Hope everyone's doing well. Love you all.
jess

"Happiness only real when shared."
-Christopher McCandless

Glad to hear from you jesse . I'm glad you're getting well or better.
I'm gald that you were able to open up a can of worms ,face your fears
and see things in a different perspective and heal.

You have much courage

Lonesome Crow said:
Glad to hear from you jesse . I'm glad you're getting well or better.
I'm gald that you were able to open up a can of worms ,face your fears
and see things in a different perspective and heal.

You have much courage

Thanks man. It feels good to get it all out, to finally face the demons. I hope you're doing well.

***Hugs*** Good to hear from you Jesse.
I'm happy to hear that you're doing better.
It's strange yet such a relief to understand why we think, feel and act the way we do.
And you're right, it wasn't your fault. You were just a kid. You were innocent and you didn't want those things to happen to you. Who the hell does..
What you wrote made me think of some things I experienced as a kid too.
Fortunately, or unfortunately, I only remember a tiny fraction of it and I don't know what led to it happening. But it could explain why I have some intimacy issues with everyone except my bf. It could explain many things in my family, who knows... Certainly makes me question some people's behaviour and comments. Blah..

Anyway, I really wish you all the best in your healing.
You're a really great guy Jesse, and you deserve all the happiness in the world :)

*Hugs*

Ty Ocean you are a sweetheart. I'm glad opening up here has helped you too. The best part is we can all heal. :)

I've figured out that by talking about things we can correctly process what happened and by doing so we can realize why we react or behave a certain way. Once you understand why you do something you can more easily change your life to how you want to live.

*hugs*

I am glad that it is going well and that you are happy with your progress. :)

Thanks Minus :) Things are definately looking a lot better!

One of the things those with PTSD suffer from is called hypervigilance. It's when people always "scan" the environment around them for "threats". Example: I work in the local hospital. When I go to the cafeteria, every time I pass a hallway I look down that way. When I leave a room, I always look behind me to make sure I'm safe.

Well I went to the cafeteria tonight and realized I didn't look down any hallways at all! I still looked behind me when I left, but I'm making progress. :)

Latest posts

Back