Weight loss support

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knowbuddy

Reaction score
Anyone else have a lot of weight to lose and looking for support? Depending on one's comfort level, location etc, we could do this through the telephone, internet or in person. PM me if you're down...

From experience I can tell you that there's no better way to get support than in person , its not the same when the other person turns into the drill sergeant and shouts at you how incapable you are and so on if their not at your side.

I've lost 5lbs in a week. :) :)

17lbs to go til my ultimate goal weight.

But to be fair, I could lose 3 more and I'd be over the moon.

knowbuddy said:
Anyone else have a lot of weight to lose and looking for support? Depending on one's comfort level, location etc, we could do this through the telephone, internet or in person. PM me if you're down...

I have a lot of weight to lose and would LOVE support. More importantly I would LOVE to give support.

My story is that I got obese in my teens, then lost much of it, then got back big again, then got properly thin in my early to mid 20’s then I got put on a medication that is now known for causing serious weight gain and I went from 11 stone to 18 stone. I’ve now managed to get to 15st 4lbs but I am at the hardest time because you tend to find you lose tons of weight at first then it slows right down.

It is a scientific fact that you can only lose 2lb a week of FAT. You physically can not lose more than that of FAT a week. If you lose more than that then you are losing water and muscle. This is very bad since muscle burns calories. The more muscle you lose the less able you are to burn calories. In addition to this how you treat your body, what you eat and how you exercise determines WHERE you body gets it’s energy from. It has several choices, it can burn carbohydrates, it can break down muscle to use for energy, and it can use stores in you liver.

One thing is certain. Your body has to “burn” the fat away. So you have to create a need for it to burn the fat (exercise) and a SLIGHT deficit of calories so it has to use its stores rather than relying on what is currently going through you.

It is widely accepted that you need to burn an extra 500 calories a day and eat 500 calories less than you need a day to get optimum Wight loss. When you see the guideline daily amounts of r calories (usually 2500 k/cals for a man and 2000 k/cals for a women) this refers to the calories you need just to maintain your basic functions. Breathing, sell reproduction, converting food to energy, pumping blood round your body ect) . So easting 500 cals less than you need and burning 500 more than usual gives you the deficit and expenditure of calories needed to lose weight.

But if you follow a good weight loss routine you will more than likely only lose 1lb a week after a while. The is a healthy weight loss. And it is sustainable - meaning you wont get fat again like you will on a fad diet.

Where both you and I need support is because only losing 1lb a week makes it very hard to keep motivated. It will likely take me a good 2 years to get properly thin. I may loser more on a fad diet (which will be at the expense of muscle and water) but playing the long game is the best way to go.

Ill support you!

cumulus.james said:
knowbuddy said:

I have a lot of weight to lose and would LOVE support. More importantly I would LOVE to give support.

My story is that I got obese in my teens, then lost much of it, then got back big again, then got properly thin in my early to mid 20’s then I got put on a medication that is now known for causing serious weight gain and I went from 11 stone to 18 stone. I’ve now managed to get to 15st 4lbs but I am at the hardest time because you tend to find you lose tons of weight at first then it slows right down.

It is a scientific fact that you can only lose 2lb a week of FAT. You physically can not lose more than that of FAT a week. If you lose more than that then you are losing water and muscle. This is very bad since muscle burns calories. The more muscle you lose the less able you are to burn calories. In addition to this how you treat your body, what you eat and how you exercise determines WHERE you body gets it’s energy from. It has several choices, it can burn carbohydrates, it can break down muscle to use for energy, and it can use stores in you liver.

One thing is certain. Your body has to “burn” the fat away. So you have to create a need for it to burn the fat (exercise) and a SLIGHT deficit of calories so it has to use its stores rather than relying on what is currently going through you.

It is widely accepted that you need to burn an extra 500 calories a day and eat 500 calories less than you need a day to get optimum Wight loss. When you see the guideline daily amounts of r calories (usually 2500 k/cals for a man and 2000 k/cals for a women) this refers to the calories you need just to maintain your basic functions. Breathing, sell reproduction, converting food to energy, pumping blood round your body ect) . So easting 500 cals less than you need and burning 500 more than usual gives you the deficit and expenditure of calories needed to lose weight.

But if you follow a good weight loss routine you will more than likely only lose 1lb a week after a while. The is a healthy weight loss. And it is sustainable - meaning you wont get fat again like you will on a fad diet.

Where both you and I need support is because only losing 1lb a week makes it very hard to keep motivated. It will likely take me a good 2 years to get properly thin. I may loser more on a fad diet (which will be at the expense of muscle and water) but playing the long game is the best way to go.

Ill support you!

Thank you cumulus.james I'll take you up on your offer and PM you. My reasons for weight gain are a combination of 2 lifelong medical issues, poor self care, ADHD and the way I was raised. I'm a chronic workaholic and life is pretty stressful at the moment so I'm hoping that my weight loss efforts really stick this time as I am prone to self sabotage. My family is pretty dysfunctional so when I visit my parents I also have to deal with them actively trying to sabotage my weight loss efforts thus visits are brief. I'm making a lot of changes this weekend in order to set myself up for success so I'm positive and motivated. I wish you the best of luck and hopefully we can both emerge from this healthier and happier.

I am always willing to be there to help push someone to lose weight. I have been on a regiment myself for the past year. Send me a PM if you are interested in having me help motivate and support you.

Guys,..
I think the yoga ans walking is the awesome ways to lose weight,....
regard,..

Latest posts

Back