What are you eating/drinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody eat a Subway sandwhich lately? I looked into one other day and a basic cold cut foot long sandwhich was $10. Wow! The last time I bought one it is was $5. I would get a footlong and a bag of chips for well under $6. I still remember the jingle $5 footlong....blaa blaa. $10 is just too much. Many restuarants are going to crash and burn soon.

iu

All fast food joints are getting expensive, but so is everything else. £7.60 per gallon of fuel. Raw foods went up on average 10-15%, this year alone. Energy prices are set to rise by 50% in April. Inflation both in the USA and UK are at record highs. So it won't be long before you need a mortgage just to buy munchies. But if you think Subway was bad, just imagine cinema good prices! 😵

All fast food joints are getting expensive, but so is everything else. £7.60 per gallon of fuel. Raw foods went up on average 10-15%, this year alone. Energy prices are set to rise by 50% in April. Inflation both in the USA and UK are at record highs. So it won't be long before you need a mortgage just to buy munchies. But if you think Subway was bad, just imagine cinema good prices! 😵
£7.60/gallon? Wow! That's $10.34 US. I'm paying $3.95 or £2.90 and that's really high for here.

Many of my hobbies are low budget. But, now all the raw materials, hardware, and basic items are too expensive to justify the hobbies any more. The prices are just stupid. So, I have been finding discontinued, open box, and used stuff to dismantle and salvage parts for my hobbies instead of buying the individual pieces. But, I forsee much fewer hobbies in my future.

Anybody eat a Subway sandwhich lately? I looked into one other day and a basic cold cut foot long sandwhich was $10. Wow! The last time I bought one it is was $5. I would get a footlong and a bag of chips for well under $6. I still remember the jingle $5 footlong....blaa blaa. $10 is just too much. Many restuarants are going to crash and burn soon.

iu

I had Subway not long ago, maybe a week or two. It was a pretty standard footlong sandwich (Italian B.M.T. my go-to), I don't think it was $10. I doubt I would have gotten it if it was.

Not doubting your story. It just might be that different from location to location.

I remember the $5 footlong thing too. I thought that was such a steal. Too bad anything that was actually a decent deal seems to be going away.

Did you get the new tea? How's the vanilla Earl grey?
Haven’t got it yet. Was hoping to find it in store before I ordered online, but I keep forgetting to check when I’m at the store. Have you found it where you are?

Edit: Just went to the Twinings website and ordered up the tea so I wouldn't forget. Whole lotta tea coming my way! ☕I'll keep you posted on the vanilla Earl Grey.

Last edited:
Vanilla Earl Grey sounds so good right now. I'm fond of Twinings.

Then again, beer sounds good right now too.

Anyway, what am I having? Jambalaya soup, red beans and rice with sausage, and chicken drumsticks.

Japanese Green Tea. おーいお茶 brand. Now I won't sleep for a week.

Sliced ham and baked potatoes topped with cheddar, green onions and sour cream.

Yes well, Canada is hogging it all, so you're honeysuckle out of luck, just like me
Mwhahahaha! *Evil Canadians, plotting to dominate the market on Twinings Vanilla Earl Grey tea and keep it all for ourselves. . .* (although if you guys want to adopt a few more of our less-than-satisfactory citizens, we might be convinced to share some of our coveted tea. Make us an offer!)

Sliced ham and baked potatoes topped with cheddar, green onions and sour cream.

Mwhahahaha! *Evil Canadians, plotting to dominate the market on Twinings Vanilla Earl Grey tea and keep it all for ourselves. . .* (although if you guys want to adopt a few more of our less-than-satisfactory citizens, we might be convinced to share some of our coveted tea. Make us an offer!)
Ska already took Bieber, what more do you want?!?!?!?

Latest posts

Back