What are you feeling, hoping, thinking, or remembering right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hoping the person I've been taking care of for the last two months can pull themselves together long enough to do me a favour.

Dealing with one of my bouts of loneliness right now. Sometimes I just feel so alone and out of place.

Littlesecret said:
I'm feeling hopeful about moving out in February, I'm just worried about my nan but I've got to live my life. I always said I'll stay and care for her for a year after my grandad's passing, I just hate these guilt pangs for leaving her. Living here is only making me more reclusive, so it's for the best. 😁

You are writing words exactly how I'm feeling! I have always told myself I'd be there to care for my mother when she gets older... but I want to move out and live my life.. and it makes me feel so **** guilty about it. :(

Remembering: Someone who said to me, "Women have always been the spoils of war."

Feeling: Tired of seeing women treated this way. It makes me sick. Losing faith in humanity...

Solivagant said:
Remembering: Someone who said to me, "Women have always been the spoils of war."

Feeling: Tired of seeing women treated this way. It makes me sick. Losing faith in humanity...

Then we stand up for what's good and what's right to prove them wrong. No better way to do it. May not even work on a large scale, but it might to one or two of them observing.

I am thinking how odd it is to see my own art posted on twitter for sale. I am not on twitter. I investigated and found where I could buy the license to display or print my own art from an artist in Canada. What is even more odd is that she had credited me with authorship. I am not sure it is worth suing her over. I am sure she is counting on that. On the other hand, there is something uniquely flattering about having my work stolen.
2mq5h55.jpg

Here is where I can buy permission:
http://permissionmachine.com/upload/externalpurchase?image=http://t.co/VZbAet3DGl&twitter
This somewhat surreal for me.
I suppose I feel "taken advantage of again."

feeling grateful that I came out of the accident with only some bruises, and maybe a strained wrist

chris girard said:
I am thinking how odd it is to see my own art posted on twitter for sale. I am not on twitter. I investigated and found where I could buy the license to display or print my own art from an artist in Canada. What is even more odd is that she had credited me with authorship. I am not sure it is worth suing her over. I am sure she is counting on that. On the other hand, there is something uniquely flattering about having my work stolen.

Here is where I can buy permission:
http://permissionmachine.com/upload/externalpurchase?image=http://t.co/VZbAet3DGl&twitter
This somewhat surreal for me.
I suppose I feel "taken advantage of again."

I don't think that's how the permission machine works.

I'm pretty sure they work in 2 ways.

1. They trawl Twitter, Facebook and other popular photo posting places looking for suitable material. They then put the picture on their site, wait for someone to request a licence and then they approach the person whose account they found the picture on and attempt to negotiate.

2. You approach the permission machine with a photo you saw on a website. They contact the author/creator and attempt to purchase consent from them.

I don't think the woman from that Twitter account will even be aware that it's on the website unless someone attempts to purchase a license - in which case she should tell them it's not her work and point them in your direction.

If there's anyone you should contact about this then it's the permission machine, who appear to have 'borrowed' your artwork without your permission.

Feeling: Kinda great. In fact, I am feeling really great. Well, almost but kinda.
Hoping: Nothing really. I am enjoying the moment just fine without hoping for anything in particular.
Thinking: Thinking about... well honeysuckle... what am I thinking about?
Remembering: Remembering... well honeysuckle... what am I remembering?

Tealeaf said:
Learning new languages is easy. Pronunciation isn't. My face cannot make those noises.

This is too true. My first language is French. Even so, writing in English feels like second nature to me, since I spend most of my time online reading/writing in English. But actually pronuncing the words is hell. My head knows what to say, but my mouth doesn't.

Don't give up, LonelyFairy! You've got many positive qualities - I've seen them displayed on the forum - so don't let life drag you down. :)

Latest posts

Back