What are you feeling, hoping, thinking, or remembering right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ahsatan said:
Guys are trouble😿😿😿💔💔💔💔

Yes I'll second that.

I'm feeling I did a great job at getting the oven all sparkly and clean like she told me too.But I'm thinking the new oven replacing man really wouldn't worry about it being a bit manky I'm sure he's seen loads.But I've broken the dustbin flap again so I'm hoping she won't kill me.I'm thinking I'll blame it on my son,but I'm remembering how honest and sensible he is and will work out that I was using it last.I'm thinking I'm in trouble again.

That reminds me of this long past statement:

"Did you ever feel like the world is a tuxedo and you're a brown pair of shoes?"

Probably a pretty dated line. Do people still wear tuxedos? I've only worn a tux once or twice in my entire life and I don't see why I would wear one ever again. But who knows?

There are so many topics I could read about, or watch documentaries or little YouTube clips about. I could spend days, weeks, months, years just consuming information, to help me try to understand the world a little more, what's really out there, how things really work. How people are really living.

Unfortunately, ain't nobody got time for that.

Put my badges up on my LinkedIn today, and finished a little intro course. It feels good to be making some progress.

I kinda put myself in another time crunch again though, taking too long to work up the nerve to get into this project. I just get in these, funks of inaction. I don't start things cause I get afraid of looking at them and finding out they are too complicated for me. I know you can't move forward that way, but I've had a hard time with that.

The more I figure it out, the more I wish I'd made these overall life realizations earlier - getting my life together, taking care of my health, looking for alternative ways to be something, if I felt the main ones were closed off to me. Instead of complaining or giving up, I should have been like, "OK, I can't do these things or be this kind of person - but how can I get around it". These things take a long time as it is, even if you start out on time. Idk. I just hope there's still time to pull out of the nosedive that my life turned into.

Feeling like my life passed me by while I was tangled in anger and confusion and I just didn't get it in time.

I need to eat something healthy. The pandemic has made my diet into a seething miasma.

kelsier said:
TheRealCallie said:
Myra said:
Life is like a ill fitting shoe.

I thought it was like a box of chocolates.

Is more like a Pineapple Pizza: There are some things that you like and others that you don't

Hey now, there are some truly horrible chocolates in a box of chocolates.  Like coconut :club:

Kinda posted something like this earlier but I deleted it because I shouldn't waste my time and energy caring about things like this, but still...

I don't get these "shitposting" people, this new(-ish) internet subculture that seems to be all about being smug and facetious all the time. This is like, the popular thing to do now. I don't know, for me, it always gets on my nerves. It's like a class-clown competition, or a pissing contest. These people talk as if they are memes, and I know it's not how they really are because nobody is, but it's "cool" so they do it anyway. It's just another thing where some people just aren't bothered by being fake, as long as it makes them cool. I've seen it all my life. I could never do this, and as a result of that (in addition to other things), I was never cool.

I don't know how they can do this every day. It's not that funny, it gets old fast. I would find it exhausting to have to be snarky all the time. "Hey look at me, I'm just going to be sarcastic, ironic, critical, and contemptuous about absolutely everything, to a ridiculous extent." What's the point? Sneering and smirking at everything, as if everything is stupid, nothing is good enough for you, and you're just above everything? It just doesn't seem like the most worthwhile position to take, or the most worthwhile kind of person to be.

Latest posts

Back