What are you feeling, hoping, thinking, or remembering right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheSkaFish said:
As another year passes, I'm kind of bummed - I'm going to be 35 this year.  I'm starting to worry that it took me too long to start life, and now  it's too late for my dreams to come true.  Even something like losing weight and getting in shape takes a long time.  I know "the best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago, the second best time is now" and all that, but I'm starting to worry that I struck out at life, and now I'm stuck where I am and it's too late for me to start over.

Either that, or that it was never possible for me to do anything else except strike out, whether I tried or not, whether I focused or not, because I just didn't have enough potential in the first place.

When you turn 40, you might find yourself thinking that 35 wasn't too late after all.  And even if your dreams haven't come true by that point, you might find there's still hope for them yet.  The sense of urgency now is understandable and probably warranted, but it can be a useful thing if it helps you devote unwavering effort to pursuing your goals.  The feelings of discouragement are understandable too, but I would encourage you not to let them hinder your efforts, because it does sound from your posts like you're on a productive path.

When you turn 50 your on your way to Grab a granny nights.They'll be plenty of them about cause the Grandads don't last as long.But be prepared to pick up other people's grandkids from Corona infected schools  and have to look after them for two hours after school with windows open on freezing cold nites :club:

I'm good. I really am.

But I feel weird. Maybe uncertain, uneasy. Not at anything in particular. It's just that, every time I start to notice a really positive change in myself, I pick it apart. I look for the problem. I look for the reason to start apologizing. But I don't apologize to myself for being so dumb. I don't usually think I deserve that much.

Feeling lately like life is just so empty and pointless, been feeling really depressed lately as the realization that i have nothing to look forward to in my life, my health is terrible and i am in constant pain, everyone i have loved is gone and its has killed whatever hope i had left.

Trying to see the positive in life but really struggling to see any, feel so heartbroken with everything and i just spend my day trying not to feel anything and distract myself from the loneliness and sadness otherwise i would just be crying all the time.

NightHawkJohn said:
Feeling lately like life is just so empty and pointless, been feeling really depressed lately as the realization that i have nothing to look forward to in my life, my health is terrible and i am in constant pain, everyone i have loved is gone and its has killed whatever hope i had left.

Trying to see the positive in life but really struggling to see any, feel so heartbroken with everything and i just spend my day trying not to feel anything and distract myself from the loneliness and sadness otherwise i would just be crying all the time.

I've been dealing with similar feelings lately. It's been a combination of stress from something I have to do, the fallout of some close personal losses in the late 2010s, and some painful realizations about where I've gone wrong all my life. I have been coming to the realization that a lot of my pain prior to those losses, was my own doing, and I ruined a lot of times when I still had everyone and could have been happy, but now those times are gone.

I know I have to get into things again, I have to get interested in things, care about things again, live the rest of my life, otherwise I'll go through the rest of it with nothing to think about or talk about to anyone, and therefore I'll have a hard time connecting with anyone or finding anyone who wants to connect with me. But these feelings hit me at times.

I know it's no consolation but I just saw your post, especially the "feel so heartbroken with everything" part, and I just wanted to say I relate, in my own way.

TheSkaFish said:
NightHawkJohn said:

I've been dealing with similar feelings lately.  It's been a combination of stress from something I have to do, the fallout of some close personal losses in the late 2010s, and some painful realizations about where I've gone wrong all my life.  I have been coming to the realization that a lot of my pain prior to those losses, was my own doing, and I ruined a lot of times when I still had everyone and could have been happy, but now those times are gone.

I know I have to get into things again, I have to get interested in things, care about things again, live the rest of my life, otherwise I'll go through the rest of it with nothing to think about or talk about to anyone, and therefore I'll have a hard time connecting with anyone or finding anyone who wants to connect with me.  But these feelings hit me at times.

I know it's no consolation but I just saw your post, especially the "feel so heartbroken with everything" part, and I just wanted to say I relate, in my own way.

Thanks yeah it can be hard dealing with it all at times i tend to go up and down with it all, i think the best thing is to keep trying to move forward and keep trying to be part of the world.

I'm feeling relieved today because I won't have to work tomorrow. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy activity and working but some workdays are just too much. Weekend is soooo good! : D FINALLY WEEKEND! : D I can watch Chase series, I can eat whenever I like, I can take long walks, study something new, jump up and down, whistle and sleep and write on this lovely forum as much as I want.. : ) Basically I can do anything I want without the manager getting mad at me. WEEKEND - such a beautiful word! : D

iseestars said:
I'm feeling relieved today because I won't have to work tomorrow. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy activity and working but some workdays are just too much. Weekend is soooo good! : D FINALLY WEEKEND! : D I can watch Chase series, I can eat whenever I like, I can take long walks, study something new, jump up and down, whistle and sleep and write on this lovely forum as much as I want.. : ) Basically I can do anything I want without the manager getting mad at me. WEEKEND - such a beautiful word! : D

I hope your weekend is wonderful!

AmyTheTemperamental said:
iseestars said:

I hope your weekend is wonderful!

Thank you! : ) I hope yours is too!

There are so many people in my life who have touched me in some way that I've never been able to shake off or forget. And once in a blue moon, I get this hankering to look them up and see how they're doing (at least to the extent I can). I've tried touching base with them, but most of them have moved on in life and are happy where they are enough to not want to reach back out to me... But I still wish them the best, even silently, hoping that they and their families are happy and healthy.

Feeling a bit sad at the moment... But hoping for better days. Thinking about the future and dreaming about new beginnings. Remembering the good times and missing things  I never had.

TheSkaFish said:
ewomack said:
Non-directional

I've been feeling similar lately.

Feeling - like this stupid arctic blast needs to go away.

I am curious how cold it is there. We hit -50C (-58F) wind chills last night. Currently sitting at -49C (-56.2F)

I've been waiting a whole year for this nice chill :D

AmyTheTemperamental said:
I am curious how cold it is there. We hit -50C (-58F) wind chills last night. Currently sitting at -49C (-56.2F)

Holly honeysuckle!!!! I'm all bundled up inside my place and it's positive 65F. I have been hoping the warm weather comes soon because I'm cold. You must be a **** ice sickle. I've never been in anything below about -20F.

Latest posts

Back